Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)  (Read 2060 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »

To take the Martian Shuttle is an expensive trip at 500,000 Europan credits (E$)
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »

Huh. Go begging in a wealthy neighborhood?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:53 pm »

[GM Note: Can we keep this serious please, thanks]
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 06:20:52 pm »

[Right, then.]
Go to work. If today is a free day or you are unemployed, go outside.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 10:36:33 pm »

Mug people with guitars.
Or convert them to liberalism.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:43 am »

You are unemployed, having been made redundant after the Price of Holodiscs fell and the Holodisc Empire, Omni-Disc, made cut backs in employment.

You head out side and store the Holodisc in your wallet. You carry the Holopad out side with you. The street heads a block in either direction, where it hits a cross road at each end. There is a metro station on the end of the block. All of the buildings are 10 story tall Apartment buildings crammed full of people. You know that many of the people work in Ice Mines, the main reason Europa was colonized.

Pages: 1 2 [3]