Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)  (Read 2062 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:14 pm »

Fake a massive coughing fit

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: The Future Story
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:53 pm »

You remember once that you picked up some lessons of guitar from some hobo. You begin to play some guitar and improvise lyrics, with many profanities, everyone feels awkward.

You have arrived at you station and step out of the train. You get out of the metro and arrive back in your dingy apartment overlooking a dingy street. In all, very dingy.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »

Try to borrow some money from your neighbours.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:59 pm »

Look around

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »

Go home.
Get drunk.
Fall asleep.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 05:56:55 pm »

You look about.

There is a kitchen area to the left and a living/sleeping area to the right. You remember the toilets are communal. Straight ahead there is a wide window, looking out onto the street.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 05:58:48 pm »

Look in the fridge!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 06:01:29 pm »

You stumble over to the fridge and open it. It's cold and soft glow bathe the room in an dirty light. Inside the fridge there is a beer, Gallilean Breweries and a small hunk of Charon Cheese. 

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 06:02:12 pm »

Drink the beer and then go to sleep.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 06:03:48 pm »

You drink the beer. It's ok. Nothing great. You know that you would love to go to Gallilean Breweries some day.

you stumble over to the sofa bed and sleep.

It is morning and the weak sun's light burns in through the window.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »

Find the nearest computer, find some information about the image on the holodisc

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 06:07:26 pm »

You grab the old and slow Holopad from under the bed and rest it on your lap. You place the holodisc on it and run a cross reference. It turns out that the expedition was of a mars based mission some years ago.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:26 pm »

Investigate the Titan situation

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:12:46 pm »

You pick up your Holopad and bring up the newspaper. The titan situation is the name given to the terrorist attack in a mining vessel on Saturn's moon of titan. Over 100,000 people lost their lives. The attack are said to have been done by a Solar Region separatist group the Orbitals, who are based on Jupiter's Europa. Many of the people living on Europa believe that they have been framed and refuse to make contact with Titan anymore. Two old rivals at it again.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:01 pm »

See about buying a ticket to Mars.
Pages: 1 [2] 3