Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)  (Read 2061 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:14:58 pm »

Ok, I know I said I was strapped for time and I know I said that I was busy. I really want to get another RP thread going. I love doing them. I've seen how things pan out on a group level and on a world level, now I want to do something on an individual level. I also wanted to do something based in the future as well, as I've got a thread in the Past and Near enough present.

You are a man, 5 foot 10, brown hair, glasses and thin.

You are sitting on a patio of an Alfresco cafe. The patio is on a balcony overlooking an endless light blue sea. The sky is an orange color. There are other tables and other seats with people sat at them and waitresses serving them. You are on a two seated table. You are alone.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:35:37 pm by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: See how this pans out...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:17 pm »

Order a drink.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:24:12 pm »

You call over a waitress to your table and ask about the drinks they serve. She is a pretty woman, blond hair, brown eyes but rather short.

The drinks menu is placed in front of you:

* Coffee or Tea 2 Europan Credits

* Soda 1 Europan Credit

* Milkshake of the Day (Inquire) 2 Europan Credits

She says to you in a calm voice: "I'm sorry but we can't take Titan Dollars anymore, not with all the trouble thats been going on."

What do you order?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:25:42 pm »

Check monetary supplies! Then order a soda.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:28:26 pm »

>Develop romantic interest in the waitress

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 05:30:34 pm »

You check your Pockets. You find a wallet. Crunched inside you find several Blue Notes, 10 Europan Credits, and an Orange note, 10 Titan Dollars. There is also a condom wrapper and a Holodisc.

You order a soda. It arrives within 3 minutes. The pretty waitress places it quietly on the edge of table, you give her a sly wink which she seems to disapprove of. She takes your money and walks off.

What do you do now?

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 05:31:51 pm »

ACTIVATE THE HOLODISC WE MUST HAVE INFORMATION!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
The Future Story (previously we'll see how this pans out thread)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »

You place the holodisc on the table and activate it. In a silent slideshow of pictures a story of an archaeological expedition pans out. The last picture is of a strange skeleton of an Alien Animal half embedded in the rock.

You take a slurp of soda.

The sun is setting.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »

Hit on the waitress awkwardly, then go home.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Future Story (previously lets see how this pans out thread)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 05:37:27 pm »

Follow the waitress to her house

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »

You call the same waitress over and make a flirtatious approach to no avail other than to piss her off. You stand up, soda half drunk and you walk back through the cafe and down the street to a Metro Station. You arrive at the platform of the metro station and wait for your train.

You sit on a bench.

In the corner, a homeless man is playing guitar

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 05:40:26 pm »

Steal the guitar. Kill the homeless man, hide the body.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »

You pull the guitar out of the hobo's hands. There are no witnesses and smash his face with it. He slumps down either unconscious or dead and you push the body onto the tracks. A metro, not your own, cuts him up into three.

You metro arrives and you sit down, the slightly bloody guitar at your feet. You are 4 stops away from your stop and the carriage is rather full.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 05:43:27 pm »

Look at the people around you.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 05:43:48 pm »

While playing guitar very badly while singing badly.
Pages: [1] 2 3