Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Game Location Survey  (Read 1277 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Game Location Survey
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:31:47 pm »

Alright, so I have an idea for another game. Sort of like my development game, except each entity is more developed(in some cases, much more developed) and each entity is controlled by a separate player, instead of having several players control one entity. That said, I'm trying to figure out which setting to use:

1) Lords and Lords: Based in a medieval britian-esque setting, the king has died with no heir and the lords (controlled by players and NPC) are vying for the crown.
Pros: I have a lot of knowledge about the medieval era, lots of possibilities for diplomacy.
Cons: Limited technology, small land area.

2) Age of Discovery: Based in the era of colonization, players control a trading company and seek to gain the riches that the new world has to offer.
Pros: Also very knowledgeable about this topic. Lots of land to explore, many discoveries to make.
Cons: Very economic-based(some players may enjoy this, but it doesn't appeal to everyone), limited to new world.

3) A New Frontier: Futuristic space-based scenario where players start with a basic spaceship. They can pretty much do whatever that want.
Pros: Huge area to explore, lots of possibilities, anything can be possible. Most freedom of any game.
Cons: I'm not a sci-fi buff so I don't know a lot about the tech and such, expansive map will be huge and take a looooooooooong time to create and update.

Also, how do you post a poll?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Location Survey
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »

I hereby endorse option 1.

Also, right next to the "new topic" button, you should see one that says "post new poll"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »

#3 sounds awesome, but if that's to much than #1.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »

2 would be my pick, with 1 as a runner-up. 3 just seems like a ton of work.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »

Three would be so awesome
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:00:10 pm »

I vote 1. 3 would be nice, but I think it would either be overly complex and die fairly early on.
Be careful not to overstretch yourself.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »

1, then 3. 2 if some of us can be pirates.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »

#2 with #3- Blimps and galleons in space using operating on what pseudo-science people thought they knew 200 years ago. Earth is flat.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »

Or flying ships that transport people across ocean-size canyons (which have oceans at the bottom, but no one can tell because the the cliffs at the edges of the continents and islands are so high above the sea-level and, maybe, there are clouds blocking the view.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 06:41:35 pm »

Seems like the medieval one is the most popular. Well, I guess I'll start working on the map and game mechanics then. Anyone who posted here want in? I'll reserve a slot for you if you do.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »

I want in.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 06:54:20 pm »

Save me a spot!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »

I will tentatively ask for a reservation, but I'd like to wait for the rules post before fully joining.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:09 pm »

I will tentatively ask for a reservation, but I'd like to wait for the rules post before fully joining.
Same.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 08:06:51 pm »

#2 with #3- Blimps and galleons in space using operating on what pseudo-science people thought they knew 200 years ago. Earth is flat.

This sounds pretty awesome.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: [1] 2