Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 2446 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this normal?
« on: February 27, 2010, 02:17:22 pm »

So my planter just got a fell mood, claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop, got all his materials... and FUCKING MURDERED ANOTHER DWARF SO HE COULD PUT HIS SHIT IN AN ARTIFACT! Is this normal? It's never happened to me before.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:20:36 pm »

Yep. Try to keep your dwarfs happy in the future, unless you're one of those who like having various objects made out of sentient-derived bone and skin everywhere (I do sympathise).

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 05:17:07 pm »

You know, DF is so funny. He's mad that this happened.. and here I've been wanting someone to do this ever since I found out about it. I'm too good at keeping my dwarves happy. I can have 20 dwarves die in a fight, and no spiral of unhappy, as long as I have a goodly # of dwarves. Infact, they're all usually blindingly happy, even when their kids have been offed.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:19:40 pm »

And now you have been properly welcomed to Dwarf Fortress.
Next involves spirits of fire.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »

same here, there's some sort of contagion of cheerfulness in all my forts.  A metalsmith made the unfortunate mistake of dumping a rock into my atomizer shortly after the lever was pulled.  No one seemed to mind... though I imagine I'll have some interesting engravings in my fort once I get chiseling.
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »

So my planter just got a fell mood, claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop, got all his materials... and FUCKING MURDERED ANOTHER DWARF SO HE COULD PUT HIS SHIT IN AN ARTIFACT! Is this normal? It's never happened to me before.
Crap hasn't been implemented into the game yet. Must be a bug feature.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:26:03 am »

I don't think he meant excrement... unless he did  :-X
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 02:39:14 am »

You know, DF is so funny. He's mad that this happened.. and here I've been wanting someone to do this ever since I found out about it. I'm too good at keeping my dwarves happy. I can have 20 dwarves die in a fight, and no spiral of unhappy, as long as I have a goodly # of dwarves. Infact, they're all usually blindingly happy, even when their kids have been offed.

I'm not mad, I'm just stunned... it was so random I thought I was going insane because every time a dwarf fails a strange mood he tends to berserk (for me).
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:50:41 am »

I'm not mad, I'm just stunned... it was so random I thought I was going insane because every time a dwarf fails a strange mood he tends to berserk (for me).
Your dwarf did not fail a strange mood. The artifact was completed successfully. The death was merely an unfortunate side effect.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 06:34:59 am »

Your dwarf did not fail a strange mood. The artifact was completed successfully. The death was merely an unfortunate side effect.

Or a fortunate one, depending on the dwarf that was killed.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 09:47:55 am »

Or a fortunate one, depending on the dwarf that was killed.

It. Is Always. Fortunate. :D

Then again, I'm a sicko with a bunch of uber happy Dorfs. They need a little unhappyness. My group of 10 champion wrestler dwarves decimate all seiges pretty much without trying, rangers die right and left or are mortally wounded because they like to chase down Unicorns and skeletal whassis critters wandering all over my area. (I have a map with Terrifying and .. apparently, munchkinhappyland right next to each other. So I have Unicorns wandering alongside zombie wolves.)

So.. yeah, they need some kind of downer in their lives. If I could give them Prozac I would, just to keep them from making me vomit from their joy.

Wulfe
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:47 am »

God, I really need to try making a dystopian fortress again.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 12:04:08 pm »

by the way - do fell-mood-dwarf victims get to fight back?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 12:12:19 pm »

Can you post the screenshot of the artifact? I wonder what is it :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2