Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Captured Goblins = Dwarf siege  (Read 4534 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Goblins = Dwarf siege
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 01:26:40 am »

Give them [NOFEAR] and you may get results with them fighting back.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 06:31:06 am »

Give them [NOFEAR] and you may get results with them fighting back.

Will i need to regen to do that?  Or can I just edit the int and change it back after?
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 06:58:22 am »

Actually, better idea - make the entry into your fort a mini-castle for the gobs and then assault it while they're still siegeing you. Result!
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 11:58:11 am »

I think [NOFEAR] would do the trick, but at one condition.

As far as I understand, when a siege is declared "over" all siegers get a big flag over their head saying "I only want to get out of here".

[NOFEAR] sieges only end when all siegers are dead, and captured counts as dead.

So, lure in a huge [NOFEAR] siege, trap one sieger in an enclosed area (without capturing him) and capture everyone else.

Might be a good idea to make dwarves carry food & drink too, you don't want one captain rush towards your booze stockpile passing through the labyrinth again, while all his subordinates follow him to their dooms.

They should (maybe) retain their aggressive behaviour when released.

Also, make a labyrinth with all sorts of automated traps (set eventual plates to be triggered by dwarves too) you have to guide your dwarves in.

Bonus points: have another person make the labyrinth and have him mark all plates as "hidden".
Of course, no cheating to discover where they are, or all the fun is gone.

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »

DUDE, THIS IS PURE GENIOUS!!!!

also, adding [NO_FEAR] might work, but just in case, i would probably channel out a large area around thier castle to make it hard for them to get off-map if they try anyways.   
hopefully you didnt take away all thier weapons already.....
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 02:44:21 pm »

Who needs weapon when they can swarm you like children in adventure mode always do?
Pages: 1 [2]