Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Redoubt; The Granite Bullwark of Dwarfendom {Community Fort}  (Read 2223 times)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redoubt; The Granite Bullwark of Dwarfendom {Community Fort}
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 09:24:14 pm »

Maybe it should be biscuits instead of roasts. Not as good, but we'd get more.

...But you're probably more competent at managing the beginning than I. By the time I get a still and kitchen running, all my dwarves are half-dead from dehydration. Soooo I should probably stop trying to give advice that probably doesn't work/matter and let the person who knows what they're doing do it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 10:04:39 pm »

Er, are the spots all full?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:50 pm »

cheddar, currently yes and we have one waiting for a migrant, but if you want a migrant I can give you one when they show up (only in summer, I've been playing in short bursts so we're still new).  You can request a migrant at any time.

And they are biscuits, the easy meal for now at least.  Once we grow we can get lavish.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 11:23:28 pm »

24th Malachite:

Our first pig tail has bloomed.  This means soon new clothes will be a possibility for all of us.  While our clothes are still useable, they will soon rot to nothing without replacements.  This is a minor comfort considering we will not have proper living quarters for some time.

11th Galena:

Our outer wall is completed.  We are building a drawbridge to finish the structure.  We have one small problem, and that is that the northern face of our wall will need to be removed in order to build our keep.  The keep is the next phase of the process once the bridge is finished.

I am currently working on some totems and other goods to sell to the caravan when it arrives…if it arrives.  The goblins in this area may not let anything through.

5th Limestone:

Our outer wall modifications are completed, and I’ve sighted the cornerstone of our keep.  It is slow work, our wooden fort merely required chopped logs, but the keep itself will require worked blocks of granite.  Digging them up is just the first step of many for the blocks.

10th Limestone:

The Trade Caravan has made it through with no difficulty.  Unfortunately we don’t have much to offer them but some food and a few totems.  I will have to see what I can get out of these traders, and hopefully if our fort impresses them they will send more labor to us so we can get further on with our preparations. 

17th Limestone:

I have successfully traded away some of our excess food and crafts for an anvil, some rose gold bars, and some more plump helmets and turtle.  In all I feel I could have gotten more for my trouble, but I also figure any wealth that leaves here will attract new dwarves.  I feel we are quite a successful fortress, trading away 1600 dwarfollars worth of goods.

16th Sandstone:

Work has begun on our fortress keep, and is progressing slowly.  Fortunately we have received some migrants today.  I’m trying to keep track of the new faces, but it looks like we have:

Male Weaver
Female “Hunter” (Marksdwarf, Ambusher, Wrestler)
Male Glassmaker
Female Planter
Male Furnace Operator
Female Bowyer
Male Peasant

These migrants double our number, which is a good thing.  We have more than enough supplies to support them, and adequate production to keep supporting them as they helped with our building efforts. 

Looking over the professions of our migrants, it is clear to me that the glassmaker will most likely become a mason, perhaps the same with the unskilled peasant.  The planter will assist Mr. Brown, and the huntress will help 100killer9.  Finally the bowyer, furnace operator and weaver will perform at their own professions to assist the war effort.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:58 pm »

Could I get one of the migrants? A male, "Cheddarius"? Preferred job is marksman, but otherwise just hauling or anything that needs doing. Thanks!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:01 am »

Awesome. With a planter. Mr. Brown can begin working on becoming the best chef and brewer the kingdom has ever known.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 12:55:55 am »

Hrmmm, actually, could I get a mason instead, male, Cheddarius?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:46 am »

Mason it is, cheddar. 

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy with a few things IRL.  I'm hoping to post something today.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 01:26:29 pm »

Thanks!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »

Had some personal issues crop up, but things are better now and I should be doing it tonight.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 09:01:40 pm »

Glad to hear that. Both bits of news, that is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]