Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Masters of Magic (Month Six)  (Read 15436 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month Five)
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2010, 05:40:40 pm »

Kinesen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Faden:

ed boy:

RNG:

Armok:

100killer9:

Alrighty, some changes as you can see. I decided to leave the flavor text out of the quotes, will give me some more characters to use before the limit. I also worked on stabilizing the turn into a template that I use to write things up, note the following order:

And of course, Can't forget the updated Map:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:47:40 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2010, 05:44:29 pm »

This RNG will never give me a break, will it?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »

This RNG will never give me a break, will it?

You really did get slammed, rolled a 3 on random event, 1 is volcano, and 2 is earthquake. Extreme disasters all.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month Six)
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 06:40:18 pm »

D:<

I do not like this new aproach actually.

Why did I get iron, i spesificaly mentioned to make steel, and you didn't mention failing a roll.

Why would rails affect any wheeled object? In reality, rails only works with thing spesificaly made for those rails. Rails is not the same king as roads, they are much more specialized.

What more exactly are the capabilities of the metCrtFrg? Likewise, how much hauling can the Rail-ArmCart-transp-01 do? Are these unlimited unless you specified otherwise?

Why did i only get 2 point for creativity? Did you forget abaut the image I made, that you said would be worth around 4?

Sorry if I sound ungratefull, but I really had built up a lot of hype during all his waiting, it's becaoming rather frustrating.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »

That's a lot of mp. You said we can't research more than 1 spell/turn, right?

Bounties galore! My children are prospering, and spreading far and wide across the land! This so so exciting! I am very glad I allowed them to indulge their adventurous spirits. Who knew all this could be out there?

Research Storm Strike
Cast Blessing of Oak in F7
Cast Blessing of Fin in F7(+4 Spellpower)
Cast Blessing of Fin in F10(+4 Spellpower)
Cast Blessing of Fin in G10(+4 Spellpower)
2 Fawns in F7 build a watchtower/outpost. Some sort of increased visibility thing.
2 Fawns in F7 move southwest, taking the three food with them.
1 Fawns in G8 gathers food, the other two process it. One maintains buildings.
3 Fawns in H9 move south, then two survey and another looks for food.
2 Fawns in H9 move southwest, taking the bows and arrows One surveys, another looks for food.
The Druid in H9 tries to construct a Sacred Alter.
One Fawn in H9 maintains the buildings.
The Daoine gather food.
The unicorns in H9 move southwest, along with the fawns. The war unicorn surveys, the other looks for food.
The 2 Fawns in search for food.
The druids and wind elemental in H10 move 2 SW to F10, surveying the land.
2 Fawns in H10 move to G10, surveying the land.

Wow... this game is getting really complex. It's hard to keep track of everything.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:48:36 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

D:<

I do not like this new aproach actually.

Why did I get iron, i spesificaly mentioned to make steel, and you didn't mention failing a roll.
You've played DF before, you should know that you can't just magically make Steel from Iron, you need other components.

Why would rails affect any wheeled object? In reality, rails only works with thing spesificaly made for those rails. Rails is not the same king as roads, they are much more specialized.
Roads will be different, do you really want me to make it more specalized to one single golem type, because if you really wish...

What more exactly are the capabilities of the metCrtFrg? Likewise, how much hauling can the Rail-ArmCart-transp-01 do? Are these unlimited unless you specified otherwise?
Nothing is set in stone, until you try to take something like more than 10 units of something at a time, but for now it will be unlimited. It will be more than a normal unit would be able to.

Why did i only get 2 point for creativity? Did you forget abaut the image I made, that you said would be worth around 4?
I gave you the image points for turn 4, and I said 3-4, 4 is the max I'd give anyone for a single turn.

Sorry if I sound ungratefull, but I really had built up a lot of hype during all his waiting, it's becaoming rather frustrating.

It's understandable, but It's frustrating to me as well. I've told you before, I want to try and keep balance with things, I can't just give you everything you want, right off the bat. The nature of this game will lead to things not comming out as you might expect, and some level of discussion on things because the rules are being made as we go.

yep, only 1 spell research per turn, but you can cast as many spells as you like. :)

Do note however, that your War Unicorns have been specalized for combat, they can't survey for you.

also if you can do me a favor and keep all spell stuff together that will make it easier for me when the turn comes.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:41 pm »

Oh, ok.

For the rails: not a single golem type, but only ones spesifically mentioned to travel only on rails. Use comon sense and think abaut how real railways work: driving on a railway wont make yyour car go faster, and nothing I know on that uses a railway works of a railway, but there are many kinds of vehicles that use railways.

I do think you shuld say what the limit of production is, so I know where to aim improvments. You said 10?Is that units of golems or units of work or units of material used?

I also would like to know what the limits to hauling by the ArmCarts is. Both how many tiles they can operate on, and their hauling and holding capacity. A good idea might be to simply messure it in units of goods moved one tile (so moving one unit two tiles or two units one tile has the same cost. presumably internal houling would start at one tile to make it finite.)

In honesty, for the sake of ballance you might even want to limit the melting to 1000 units or something else symbolicaly huge that probably never will be reached.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2010, 03:54:49 am »

If I use my Flame Whisp that is scouting right now to scout a new hex and immediately unsummon it, would the new hex be scouted but still consume the 2 mana upkeep?

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:57 am »

If I use my Flame Whisp that is scouting right now to scout a new hex and immediately unsummon it, would the new hex be scouted but still consume the 2 mana upkeep?

unsummoning will count as an action, can't survey and unsummon at the same time.

Oh, ok.

For the rails: not a single golem type, but only ones spesifically mentioned to travel only on rails. Use comon sense and think abaut how real railways work: driving on a railway wont make yyour car go faster, and nothing I know on that uses a railway works of a railway, but there are many kinds of vehicles that use railways.
Again... do you want the bonus or not? I could just take it away and make it like the creep, only allowing your railcart golems to travel upon them, but nowhere else and no other benifit...

I do think you shuld say what the limit of production is, so I know where to aim improvments. You said 10?Is that units of golems or units of work or units of material used?

I also would like to know what the limits to hauling by the ArmCarts is. Both how many tiles they can operate on, and their hauling and holding capacity. A good idea might be to simply messure it in units of goods moved one tile (so moving one unit two tiles or two units one tile has the same cost. presumably internal houling would start at one tile to make it finite.)
The production mentioned is actually quite limited, your automated building will have 1 action, similar to a golem unit. You could theoretically give it another golem to consume for extra actions, but remember you don't get mp from buildings, so I'm not sure how much of that you want to do.

As to the cart, I will leave it as unlimited for now, but I'd say 10 units of something, with normal golems being able to carry about half that much at one time. Don't take that as a rule however, because this post isn't a turn, and I won't remember it.

In honesty, for the sake of ballance you might even want to limit the melting to 1000 units or something else symbolicaly huge that probably never will be reached.
What's the point in limiting it by 1000 instead of just saying it's vaguely limited, but there's nowhere near the limit yet?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2010, 11:37:17 am »

Ugh... Do you realize you're horibly inconsistent? You have a bazillion numbers for some things that it dosnt really matter for, but at the same time you cant give number for the things I spesificaly ask for. You give the melter INFINITE capacity, but the automated forge/factory using a very very similar design is hardly better than a basic clay golem with no tools...

The reason I wanted to limit it to rails (And NOT only that specific unit type, the mechanic is basicaly like this: Railway gives huge benefits, but only to things made spesifically for railways, and those can only travel on railways. All railgoing things would have to have similar rail-wheels, but the things you put on top of the wheeled platform can vary, as can the means of adding rotation to those wheels resulting in varius speeds betwen models.)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2010, 12:18:10 pm »

8pts to research Fish Call
1pt to Mana storage
2 mana used to cast Hunting Charm on a unit in L15, 2 pts used to boost the spell
2 mana used to cast Hunting Charm on a unit in M15, 2 pts used to boost the spell

K13: 1 unit maintains the granary
1 unit takes 1 food with it to L13 and searches for animals to enslave charm.
Moose trains to become a Lumber-moose! (and he's okay~)
L13: 1 unit takes 2 food and one clay with it to L14 and gathers materials
Hungry Hunting Hippos move to L14 and hunt
L14: 1 unit moves to L13 and searches for animals
1 unit maintains the granary
L15: 3 units hunt
L16: Survey-Debeests move to L14 and survey.
M15: 4 units hunt

Question: Can I summon bunnies and then slaughter them for food? If so, can I do it in the same turn?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2010, 02:32:35 pm »

Question: Can I summon bunnies and then slaughter them for food? If so, can I do it in the same turn?

Bunnies are magical summons, they can't be killed for food. As when they die, they poof.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:43 pm »

yep, only 1 spell research per turn, but you can cast as many spells as you like. :)

Do note however, that your War Unicorns have been specalized for combat, they can't survey for you.

also if you can do me a favor and keep all spell stuff together that will make it easier for me when the turn comes.
Eh, well nothing to fight so I guess they don't really do anything then.
Fixed the spell stuff for you. I had it organized by tile, but I can group the spells together instead.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:32 pm »

Eh, well nothing to fight so I guess they don't really do anything then.
Fixed the spell stuff for you. I had it organized by tile, but I can group the spells together instead.

You could still sent the war unicorns out walking, they will need food eventually, but can take some with them, and while they can't survey, they can fade fog of war and outline the landscape. Have em go make contact with someone. ;) Not all of you are on islands like Ed

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »

I for one would welcome meatshields allies to my territory.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11