Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Masters of Magic (Month Six)  (Read 15467 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Journal of Matis the Explorer (on Schle Tuo: Month Three and Four)
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2010, 08:29:58 am »

Actions:
    C13:
    • Send one group to tame the Fire Elementals
    • One group works in the Lumbermill, turning as much Wood as possible to Lumber
    • One group gather food.
    • One group maintain buildings.
    B12:
    • 2 groups gather food.
    Spells:
    • Use 2 mp to research the rest of Grilled and Crispy
    • Store 5 mp in the Mana Storage.

___
Good catch, wouldn't want another catastrophe to happen. That would suck very much.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:13:10 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month Four)
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 08:34:54 am »

psst, maintanace
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 12:13:14 pm »

While fortune favors my children at home, the trials they face further out do not bend like to their will like the plants here do. If anything however, this has only strengthened their resolve to continue exploring and master the challenges they face. Perhaps we need to start looking for other ways to deal with the new and unexpected trials we come across. I should make sure that we are prepared for these challenges, and encourage them to continue, for even though the loss of my children hurts me greatly, the growth of their spirits that I see is a wonder in and of itself... I see now that this spirit is something I must foster and raise like my own children, for truly it is a part of them.

Research Blade of Grass
Cast Summon Daoine
Place 11 MP in storage
Put 10 MP towards spellpower.
H9:
One fawn collects wood from the groves.
One fawn trains the unicorns to be ridden and used as mounts, especially in battle.
One fawn studies magic. Not researching a spell, but sort of a meditation thing... attuning itself to the forest, basically.
One fawn maintains the groves
Daoine gather food from the groves.
G8:
One fawn creates a fruit plantation.
One fawn processes existing food.
One fawn gathers food.
One fawn gathers wood.
H10:
All fawns continue to try and calm the elementals down, and ally with them.

EDIT: Question what does the [II] and [III] mean after resources?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:48:02 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 12:21:57 pm »

EDIT: Question what does the [II] and [III] mean after resources?

That's a quality count down, the higher the number the fresher the item is, and when it is gone the item goes with it. Using roman numerals. You'll mostly see it on food, but I did add it to Faden's salve as well. Food for example will last 3(4 turns really), unless it is preserved, processed, or otherwise stored via a building or container.

don't forget your own maintaince RNG, I missed it last turn, so it will be fairly harsh to make up on it if you don't maintain the groves this turn.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:32:27 pm by Haika »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 05:06:05 pm »

((Hmm, can I boost new golems the same way I can boost spells? If so, does it use mana or MP?
Also, what determines population increase?

Just some of my actions now, RP and MP use later:))

Golems:
00: Attempt to construct a StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01 from the ore.
01: make cloth.
02: if 04 fiails, try to clear demonic ritual, otherwise try to colect rock
03: construct Wd-4wign-rec-01 out of wood.
04cw: Destroy the demonic ritual!
05r: collect more ore!
06I: help the construction of StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01.

Designs:
Wd-4wign-rec-01: A small golem consisting simply of a spearlike body with four large wings, a basic flying golem, optemized for speed and exploration, and not really able to manipullate physical objects at all. Closest it could get to that is raming stuff, althou that migth be rather effective considering it's sharp nose and extremly elongated profile, it is not it's main purpose.
StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01: A a facility just on the edge of a magma source protruding over it. It contains/is made of stationary golems in that the machinery bolted to the floors and walls have the enchantment and move on their own, and are designed to take advantage of this. Its main component is a huge blast forge using the heat from the magma to melt ores dumping the slag out of the facility to be taken away, and pumping the molten metal out throught pipes to other parts of the facility. It can melt most metals and alloys, producing either bars or coarse cast shapes. As it is automated, it requires no doors, windows, walkways, or safety distances most forges do, making it very compact compared to it's output, in fact there aren't really much walls at all, just tightly packed machinery.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:16 pm »

((Hmm, can I boost new golems the same way I can boost spells? If so, does it use mana or MP?
Also, what determines population increase?

Just some of my actions now, RP and MP use later:))

Golems:
00: Attempt to construct a StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01 from the ore.
01: make cloth.
02: if 04 fiails, try to clear demonic ritual, otherwise try to colect rock
03: construct Wd-4wign-rec-01 out of wood.
04cw: Destroy the demonic ritual!
05r: collect more ore!
06I: help the construction of StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01.

Designs:
Wd-4wign-rec-01: A small golem consisting simply of a spearlike body with four large wings, a basic flying golem, optemized for speed and exploration, and not really able to manipullate physical objects at all. Closest it could get to that is raming stuff, althou that migth be rather effective considering it's sharp nose and extremly elongated profile, it is not it's main purpose.
StatFac-melter-auto-magma-01: A a facility just on the edge of a magma source protruding over it. It contains/is made of stationary golems in that the machinery bolted to the floors and walls have the enchantment and move on their own, and are designed to take advantage of this. Its main component is a huge blast forge using the heat from the magma to melt ores dumping the slag out of the facility to be taken away, and pumping the molten metal out throught pipes to other parts of the facility. It can melt most metals and alloys, producing either bars or coarse cast shapes. As it is automated, it requires no doors, windows, walkways, or safety distances most forges do, making it very compact compared to it's output, in fact there aren't really much walls at all, just tightly packed machinery.

You can only boost your population if you have a spell that assists them. You can't directly pump mp or mana into the golems, no.

Population for you again... I make a normal population growth roll, then I check to see if you have the mana and materials(any materials on the hex) to make a golem body out of, or I suppose if you have a golem body made. You will grow at base rates of 0-3 per hex, assuming there is at least one unit on the hex.

Other than that, the only issue I see is that the cloth making golem will need to process the flax into threads before cloth can be made. But I can do that automatically.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 08:07:05 pm »

Damn...
Well here's the MP use of my turn then:

I research living wall, and cast scouts twice, once at 2b and once at 3e. I boost each scout with two power. The rest of the MP go to mana.

Hmm, that log is really boring, says nothing new, and in generaly only made for powergaming the creativity points. Besides, it looks more or less like a post anywyas. Can my designs count as enougth flavor text or something?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:37 am »

Sorry Armok, I don't think I can give points for designs on what will basically be a building, and a tool/body type thing. All I need is a small paragraph in character for flavor each turn. Up to you if you want the flavor points or not.

Anyway, looks like we are waiting on Ed and 100killer9 for the turn. :)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:31 am »

:(
Flavour text a flavour text I'd say, what does it matter?
Sigh, I guess you're the GM... Hmm, what would an image cont for?

Image1: Flying golem:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 10:17:00 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 01:43:58 pm »

I suppose an image counts for something, I can give some creativity points for that,  as long as it's not just some random image found out on the net.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:55 pm »

Magic points: 10 into researching egg brood, 1 into mana

I move 3 of the units from H16 to H15, taking all the food on H16 with them. When they get there, they all build farms. The one unit left behind maintains the farms.

Similarly, I leave 1 unit on G15 to maintain the farms, while the rest move north to G14 and build more farms.

One of the units on G13 moves to G12 and builds a farm there. Another moves to H13 and builds a farm there (they each take a unit of food with them). The unit left on G13 maintains the farms there.

We have scoured every inch of this land, and it is certain - we are the greatest living creatures. We have the entire world to ourselves, one isolated place of glory in the endless oceans. We shall capitalise on that: every place in this land shall be settled, every place shall give up its life to sustain ours.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »

I suppose an image counts for something, I can give some creativity points for that,  as long as it's not just some random image found out on the net.
No, it's not some random thing from the web. I model this in 3d, it's a lot of work so unless it's worth significantly more than text I wont bother.

No comt at all on my flyer design?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »

Looks good Ed,

I'd say the image would get around 3-4pts in creativity, It's interesting enough, but not crazily cool(like hippoism), I can't really give you tons of points for it as opposed to someone who writes a good amount of creative text. I'd have to try and keep it even in general.

I do like it however, hence the 3-4 range. I'm also glad you took the time to do something above and beyond just posting actions, that's what the points are supposed to be about.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2010, 02:15:48 pm »

Ah, so if I do something like that, but with action and awesomeness in it, I'll get good amounts of points? ok, I'll try that.
Hmm, how much does art quality matter? I can squeeze in much larger amounts of awesomeness-information if I sketch it in gimp with crappy perspective rather than doing photo realistic renderings.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »

Research Spoiled Rotten, cast termite strain
Unit in K8, mine gold
Creeper worms in K8, build creep in K7
Larvae in L8 attempt to become war animals
One unit in L8 tend the farms
A second unit attempts to build a lumber mill
A third unit, look for reflective materials
a fourth unit, work on a food storage building
a fifth and sixth unit, look for more larvae.
The Draati were worried. Nothing bad usually happened to them, but now medusas were attacking. They needed to react. They couldn't directly attack them, but Larvae might be able to. The new larvae were trained to fight. They might not look at the medusa, and thus might not be turned to stone. The Draati also mined gold in the hopes of using its reflective property to turn the medusas' powers against them.
More creep was made near the river. The farms were farmed. More larvae were being looked for. Life was going on normally with the exception of the Medusa attack. But then, Arthyl experienced a particularly bad headache. He hit his head to try and knock out the pain, and instead knocked out something else. The headache dissapeared, and Arthyl remembered pieces of what was happening. He remembered that the headaches were not natural, were meant to cause amnesia, and were caused by something. This wasn't much, but Arthyl ran and offered to knock out whatever was causing the fake headaches of those who wanted it. No one went insane, but no one could truly remember everything, usually only useless fragments of memories.

Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11