Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Masters of Magic (Month Six)  (Read 15500 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month Three)
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:52 am »

Are those three groves all three of my buildings then?

And I thought my fawn would take food from my base >.<

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 11:16:52 am »

By the way, can a unit move and build at the same time?

Magic: 4 points to research regenerate meat, 5 into researching egg brood
Unit actions: The units on G13 and H16 will each build a farm. The units on H15 will move to G15, and build farms there if possible, if not hunt for food.

The horde swells further, and we must explore new avenues of providing sustenance from them. The very ground itself submits to our will, providing us with food to further our might. We must exploit this resource to the best of our ability. Once we can provide for the swarm, we can strike out at out foes. and subjuate them as we have subjugated the very ground beneath us.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:21:00 pm by ed boy »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 01:01:04 pm »

LOG OF THE COMMUNITY OF #02C AND DERIVATIVES:
~
Is this good for RP? That's what the golem perspective is, more or less.
Yes, that's great. :)

This Turn: 04cw tries to take over that demonic ritual, 00 moves to the vulcano tile and starts to examine what will be needed for a metal industry and if possible starts working on that, 01 goes to the grassland tile and tries to search for and collect some kind of plants that can be used for textiles (need for dolls, wings, ropes... This is quite an important industry), 02 makes carpentry tools, 03 collects wood, 05r looks around for any special materials like extremely lightweight (think balsa) wood or rubber trees or useful plants or such.

I cast Scout and they examine E3, the remaining 2 mana go to the pool.

Looks good, however, to cast Scout you must have a doll made, to make a doll, you need only have a unit 'make dolls' they will make 0-4 units, at a cost of 1 material per doll(and non-food resource works). Oh and you don't need tools for anything really, that was just fluff, you had some bad rolls. Feel free to attempt to augment the chotlike again this turn if you like.

• Spend 9 mana to research Grilled and Crispy
  • 2 groups fish
  • 2 groups gather materials
  • Send one group to scout B12
  • One group focus on maintenance.

Note: you only have 7mp you can put into research, mana reserves are for spell casting and other use only. You may still research that spell, but it will take a successive turn to completely learn it.

Beady eyeing.

It works much better to watch without beads in your eyes. That must be uncomfortable.

Are those three groves all three of my buildings then?

And I thought my fawn would take food from my base >.<

Yes, that's the 3 building limit for that hex, you may change that if you wish(probably advised for at least the extra that's not doing anything, maybe for all of them since homes are basically useless for sylvans)

And I'm glad you thought about it, however, unlike the new golem minds, I cannot read minds. XD Gotta say where you move resources.

By the way, can a unit move and build at the same time?

Yep, you can move normally 1 hex and then do an action when you get there, whatever that action may be.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 01:54:31 pm »

Oh. Well then the unit that were doing carpentry tools try to make dolls of whatever material is available then, probably useless rock.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010, 05:54:19 pm »

Okay, so not every turn is a hunger turn. That's good to know. I think my point totals are off in the status? Since I got +2 this turn but it's still only 6/6

4 pts research Wood Grin
4 pts go into Mana Storage
If possible, I'd like to buy Crystal Deposits for 15M

1 unit on 14L moves to 13K, hunts.
1 unit on 14L moves to 13L, looks for materials.
Three units and the Hungry Hunting Hippos move from 15M to 14L; The Hungry Hunting Hippos Hunt, 1 unit looks for animals, 2 units look for materials.
On 15M: 1 unit processes herbs, 1 unit looks for animals to tame, 1 unit looks for materials.

The traditionalists were dismayed to find that there was not enough food left for seconds after they stuffed their faces. Some blamed the Hippos, and forced them out of the area. But the Hippos were not alone. Fully half of the Dandy Lions of the Dandelion Plains supported Hippoism, and followed the Hunting Hippos. They turned their gazes north east, where the other malcontents had migrated.

The original travelers, meanwhile, were having issues of their own. When the scouts returned, claiming not to have found anything of interest, the Alpha Lion flew into a rage. He attacked a scout, but was defeated. This humiliation divided the group, those who supported the Alpha and those who supported the scout. After much deliberation and one contest of will, the group decided to separate and head in different directions, deeper into the Fluffy Forest.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:14:17 pm by Faden »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:05 pm »

Okay, so not every turn is a hunger turn. That's good to know. I think my point totals are off in the status? Since I got +2 this turn but it's still only 6/6

4 pts research Wood Grin
4 pts go into Mana Storage
If possible, I'd like to buy Crystal Deposits for 15M

1 unit on 14L moves to 13K, hunts.
1 unit on 14L moves to 13L, looks for materials.
Three units and the Hungry Hunting Hippos move from 15M to 14L; The Hungry Hunting Hippos Hunt, 1 unit looks for animals, 2 units look for materials.
On 15M: 1 unit processes herbs, 1 unit looks for animals to tame, 1 unit looks for materials.

(RP on its way)

nice catch, makes me worry a bit about the other point totals. I'll check them all before the next update.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2010, 06:32:34 pm »

Cast Termite strain, research "common cold"
have unit on M9 come back to home hex and build a farm.
Have 3 units on the home square build farms.
Have 1 unit build a mill to process wood into lumber.
Have 1 unit look for more giant larva to domesticate, and another unit look for any animal to domesticate, domesticating more giant larva if nothing else is around.
Have one unit scout the mountain to the SW of the main square, the one on K8. Have the Creeper Worms (What I'll call them) follow them and build a creep.
EDIT: oops, forgot the flavor text! Hold on...
The Draati were pleased at how the town was expanding so rapidly. The creep seemed to glow with satisfaction, almost. Something was up, though. When the Draati who expanded the creep stepped off it, he seemed to go a bit insane until he came back into contact with it. This was shrugged off. The Draati needed a more secure source of food, so they built four farms on the main area. They also decided to build a lumber mill with the new lumber. It was strange how they were developing powers at random, but they were enjoying the wood.
While the larvae were useful assets, the Draati had not expected them to change genetically. Now they needed new creatures for training. One group was sent off to find more Larvae, and another was sent to find any creature, taking more larvae if no other creature was availible.
The Mother had a sudden urge to expand. She sent a group out to survey the nearby mountain, bringing the newly-named Creeper Worms with them to build a creep.
In the home area, a young Draati complained of chronic unnatural hedaches, as well as temporary short term memory loss. The healers could do nothing to cure this. The Draati's name was Arthyl.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:46:21 pm by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:30 pm »

Ready to do the turn here, however, we are waiting on RNG. Hopefully he will post his action soon.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010, 05:43:11 pm »

Oh right. Sorry about that, been a little preoccupied lately. Let me make something real quick.

It seems that there is no end to the struggles we face. Life is very different outside of the grove, where everything was provided for us by the forest. Food, water, sun and love; there was nothing more we could ask for. Out here, we must find that on our own.

Research Summon Daoine.
Cast Blessing of Fin.
2 Fawns head south and tame the wind elementals.
2 Fawns head northwest and gather food.
Fawn and unicorn gather food.

Oh, and I'll buy that mushroom circle for 5 points.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 05:58:51 pm »

Wanted to say that I spend 7 mana to research Grilled and Crispy, but also that I didn't get the last 3 creativity points.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »

Wanted to say that I spend 7 mana to research Grilled and Crispy, but also that I didn't get the last 3 creativity points.

Note that mana is stored magic points, not the same thing as mp. But rodger. And yeah, going to be going over the point totals again, I think putting the status at the first post only is throwing me off. will fix it this turn.

Speaking of, working on that right now.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2010, 11:12:42 pm »

Mechanics changes and additions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Armok:

Kinesen:

ed boy:

Faden:

100killer9:

RNG:

Ok, note that the statuses are now in each updated turn. I recalculated all the point totals to make sure I wasn't off, hopefully something like that won't happen in the future. Also, wow that's alot of disaster events in one turn. >.>

Latest map:

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month Four)
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »

What is the difference between wood and lumber, mechanics-wise?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2010, 11:31:43 pm »

What is the difference between wood and lumber, mechanics-wise?

Not set in stone since no one has made any lumber yet, but I think it will most likely lower your chance of building failure if you use lumber instead of logs. A similar thing might be in for stone blocks, etc.

Oh and for any building interested types, you may give me the name to a building you want to try and create, letting me say what it does, or you may try and build something that does a certain thing, and I shall name it. However, I still reserve the right to change anything if needed. Same type of idea goes for tools and vehicles as well.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:33:18 pm by Haika »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2010, 12:28:52 am »

7 pts to research Prancing Pony
4 pts to Mana Storage
4 Mana used in Wood Grin (L14)
1 Mana used to strengthen Wood Grin

K13: 1 Attempts to tame animals

L13: 1 Goes fishing

L14: 1 Uses wood to build a Granary
1 Hunts
1 Moves to K13, taking one unit of wood and using it to build a Granary
Hungry Hunting Hippos move to K13 and hunts

M15:1 Hunts
1 Moves to L15, taking one unit of thatch, which it uses to build a Granary.
1 Uses thatch to build a Granary
1 Uses thatch to create containers for the Healing Salve
1 Herd of Wildebeest is trained to produce milk on command, becoming Gentle Gnu.
1 Herd of Wildebeest is trained in the military arts to become Wardebeest (I'll save that for later) trained to scout out terrain, becoming Survey-Debeest.

The Dandelion Plains are loud.

After the population boom, the noise level had steadily been increasing. First it was only the cries of the newborns, but then their loving parents brought home some beesties. Loud, smelly beesties. Frumplekins shuddered at the thought of those beests. He did not usually mind the lesser species, and had actually converted to Hippoism last week. But the beests were too much. Frumplekins found that several others thought likewise, and decided to leave the main pride. They took to the hills, where they could remain untroubled by beests.

Hippoism, strangely enough, had flourished in the absence of Hippos. The most popular sects held that the Hippos would one day return and trample the creatures of the plains. Only one die-hard traditionalist sect still held out. When the beests were captured, the traditionalists predicted a split in the Hippoist movement, but this split never occured. Devout Hippoists were quick to point out that a split over any creature other than the graceful hippo, let alone the beests, would be "silly" and "not at all likely to happen."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11