Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Masters of Magic (Month Six)  (Read 15448 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of Magic (Month One)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 03:25:13 pm »

Is there room for one more?

Race: Sylvan
Magic: Nature
Start: H9 Seaside Forest

Backstory: Sylvan is a general term for one of many kinds of forest spirit. The most common is the Fawn, diminutive humanoid creatures with the legs of a deer. It takes around 400 years for a Fawn to grow into a Satyr, powerful warriors with horns on their head that can communicate with the forest and the animals in it. Dryads are fawns that have become part of the forest itself, residing in a humanoid form that is composed entirely from plants. They have powerful magic at their disposal, even outside of their dominant sphere.

While not technically sylvans, nymphs and sprites are faeries that often come to the aid of forest creatures, who sometimes keep them as pets.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:39 pm »

Is there room for one more?

yep, I said I'd take 5 on the start, you will be the 5th. After this people will have to really impress me to join in. Don't want to get too many people doing this.

update on your starting stuff and map info in a bit here
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:22 pm »

Race: golem

magic: automation.

start: 10.5, 17 near a vulcano.

Once in ancient times, a mage created a few basic golems with just enougth autonomy to be able to understand how to build more like themselves, and eventually learn the magic to bring them to life, or even make improved versions of themselves. For some reason they didn't activate until now. The golems are very basic bodily, and not sentinent, just automations created with an intent presumably similar to that of those who write computer viruses. (needs magic to reprodduce, but requires no sustainable.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 04:14:31 pm »

Info for the Sylvans:

RNG:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map will be updated soon. Remember to refresh cache until the first actual turn, as I'm not going to put up a fully new map until then.

hmm, I might allow a golem civ if you are serious about that Armok, I can add you to a spot in the northwest, but after that I think 6 civs to start will be good and I'll close new additions until at least the 10th turn.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 04:19:57 pm »

Research Hunting Charm, 2 MP
2 MP To Mana Pool

2 Dandy Lion units hunt, 1 attempts to domesticate animals, 1 surveys the hex

All was quiet on the Dandelion Plains. Not a bird sang; it would have been eaten. Not one ungulate bellowed; it would have been eaten. Not even a single insect chirped; it probably wouldn't have been eaten, but remained silent for dramatic effect.

In the midst of this silence, four groups of Dandy Lions contemplated their next meal. Two groups took the traditional method, relying on charm to lead a prey critter astray into the tall grass, where it would be devoured.

The third group surveyed the terrain, flaunting their petals at the prey animals as they walked past.

In the midst of the fourth group, one Dandy Lion mage had a revolutionary idea. What if they didn't devour every single animal they charmed, but instead kept some for the lean times? The Lions of that group set to work on this immediately.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »

That's good I guess.
I'm not sure what you mean by serious. It wasn't a joke post, but I won't be spending hours on RP.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 05:07:36 pm »

Armok:

Sorry about that, the starting location you gave threw me off(map coords are always one letter one number, letters go down from the top, numbers go across diagnally). 

Your in, No one else please.

Rp is optional of course, it gives a benifit but is not required. Map will be updated with your location soon.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »

final starting Map has been updated! One last time, clear your cache if you don't see all 6 starting spots with population and territory coloring.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »

I reserch lawnmower.

one golem scout around the terrain and looking for resources, one heads to examine the volcano, one works on the lawnmower (this is what counts as the "doll" I assume), and one starts to make tools for various tasks and manufacturing.

If I understand corectly, the scout spell would make a temporary summoned creture, but the other 3 spells there would make standard units of population that work more or less like outher cretures reproduction and couldd make further units on their own?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Journal of Matis the Explorer (on Schle Tuo: Month One)
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:09 pm »

___
Might have a hard time to post tomorrow but I will do my best.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:25:14 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 06:41:51 pm »

We have lived in this small forest glade for several millennium... it has been a peaceful life, one of contentment. I have seen the forest give birth to countless of my children, see them live and grow, and eventually, return to the forest. Something has changed though... I can feel it in my roots. The flow of magic in this world is changing... and it changes others as well. This latest group of Fawns, born not twenty years ago, are not like the others. They are not content to stay in this glade and live out their lives... they wish to explore. To see the world around them, to experience all the wonders out in the world! Very well... I shall let them do so. They will not go alone, for even though I can not move, I will always be watching over them. I will see the world through their eyes.

Research Blessing of Oak
Send 1 Fawn to scout G8.
Send 1 Fawn to scout H10.
Have 2 Fawns gather edible plants.

Oh, and a couple questions:
1) How do I control a coastal tile for the rain spell? Do I have to send a fawn there? Seems rather odd...
2) Could I use the Daoine as workers? Do I get mana from them, since they count as a population?
3) What is a mushroom circle?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:45 pm »

I reserch lawnmower.

one golem scout around the terrain and looking for resources, one heads to examine the volcano, one works on the lawnmower (this is what counts as the "doll" I assume), and one starts to make tools for various tasks and manufacturing.

If I understand corectly, the scout spell would make a temporary summoned creture, but the other 3 spells there would make standard units of population that work more or less like outher cretures reproduction and couldd make further units on their own?

dolls are tools that need resources to make. Tools in general won't work either until you have something to make the tools from. Feel free to change actions if you wish.

Of the spells, The Scout and the Wall are summons, permanent as long as you have mp to maintain them. The other spells are instant casts, meaning they will do their purpose and then no longer exist. All spells under puppetry will consume a doll, but you get two lines of summon research.

Also, don't forget to choose where you want your mp to be split(research, power, or mana) just let me know how much is going into each of those three.

Might have a hard time to post tomorrow but I will do my best.

No worries on the posting. However, don't forget to choose where you want your mp to be split(research, power, or mana). also note that you don't need to have a unit specifically research a spell, unless you wish to boost the mp used for research(not needed at this low research costs, feel free to change that action)

Oh, and a couple questions:
1) How do I control a coastal tile for the rain spell? Do I have to send a fawn there? Seems rather odd...
2) Could I use the Daoine as workers? Do I get mana from them, since they count as a population?
3) What is a mushroom circle?

Coastal tiles are any tile that touches an ocean hex. You'll notice your home tile has the +coast note already.
Summons cost mana to obtain, they are limited sources of work, but neither eat, nor breed, nor produce mana unless specially stated. And they cost a maintince in mana each turn after the first to keep them around, or they poof.
And a mushroom circle is a special terrain bonus like a forest or river, but starts out unknown. You will have a chance to find one with scouting/surveying.

Also note, Population units are multiple persons in a single team group. Not just a single Fawn per unit, in case you were thinking that.

Overall good ideas, I think Faden has the best idea on how to post a turn, say what you are researching, where your mp is being used, your actions in a short summary, then fluff and flavor for extra points afterwards if you wish.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:55 pm »

Oh, right. Umm... It costs 2 mana to research, right? So I'll put 3 in the pool and put 3 towards spell power.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »

I use 2 power points to research the leg enhancements spell. The other 2 get stored as mana. The 4 units gather and store food.

The great matriarch has spoken. Our time of glory will come soon. Our armies will outmatch the might of all who would oppose us. We shall swarm over this land, and hunt down the lesser beings that would oppose us. This day of glory must be prepared for. When our forces assemble, we must provide for them. They shall hunger, and until they can consume our foes we must sustain them.

Edited.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:38:21 pm by ed boy »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 08:15:46 pm »

I use 1 unit and 2 power points to research the leg enhancements spell. The other 2 get stored as mana. The other 3 units gather and store food.

The great matriarch has spoken. Our time of glory will come soon. Our armies will outmatch the might of all who would oppose us. We shall swarm over this land, and hunt down the lesser beings that would oppose us. This day of glory must be prepared for. When our forces assemble, we must provide for them. They shall hunger, and until they can consume our foes we must sustain them.

again, no need to use a unit to research a spell. You as the leader, or wizard or whatever does that on your own, seperate from the units of population.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11