Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to have several entities of one race?  (Read 526 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have several entities of one race?
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:49 am »

I'd like to know if you can have several entity files that cover one race... Say if you wanted elves that arent whiny about cutting trees, or dwarves who think its okay to eat a sapient.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to have several entities of one race?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:12:33 am »

Yes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »

Like Shintaro Fago said "Yes" but the only difficulty you will have trouble with dwarves, I suggest coping the DWARF creature and name it DWARF2 and remember to remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] and add in some [trIGGER_(type):#] ;)

but other races like elves and humans and whatnot does not need a ELF2 or HUMAN2 just copy the entity (humans for Ex.) PLAINS then add any # or whatever you desire so PLAINS2 or PLAINS_SAPIENT_EATER or if you feel like making hippies PLAINS_TREE_LOVER lol

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:24 am »

About to hijack this thread but it seems to be in the same vein as another question of mine.

I'm aware that you can't trade for glass/furniture/sand but I still wanted to make a desert tribe of kobolds that could be glass makers....

Can I use the same trick so they're treated as Kobolds, but give them a different preference for living/biomes.  Would they be considered a subrace from the bigger entity or would they act as a new race all together?

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:36 am »

About to hijack this thread but it seems to be in the same vein as another question of mine.

I'm aware that you can't trade for glass/furniture/sand but I still wanted to make a desert tribe of kobolds that could be glass makers....

Can I use the same trick so they're treated as Kobolds, but give them a different preference for living/biomes.  Would they be considered a subrace from the bigger entity or would they act as a new race all together?

Yes you can use the same trick, just set up different permitted jobs. They would be a separate civilization and treated as such (so if they are not thieves and can talk you would be at peace with Elves, Humans and Dwarves, and Hostile towards the Kobolds; if they are still thieves and can't talk likely you would have no trading partners, maybe not even the other kobold civilization I'm unsure on this).