Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Impulse buying  (Read 1630 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Impulse buying
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »

If it lakes teh child tag, just toss in [CHILD:1] and a littersize tag.

Also make sure they have a gender.

I modded my fire imps to breed:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that if you embark with a magma pipe and do not clear out the magma pipe ASAP, you will have 50-60 fire imps around the magma pipe, with burning dwarves everywhere!  :o

Hey, that sounds like fun/Fun!  I should mod that into my magma pipe...  One second while I start building my sniping bunker, and I'll have myself a live target firing range.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 12:47:44 am »

I'm not sure if the GDS makes a good guard animal, I seem to remember non-war animals running from enemies rather than attacking them. Then again, I think GDS has the [liKES_FIGHTING] tag that may make it aggressive. I know that my untamed dogs chase thieves (which is great, put a meeting zone near my fortress entrance and watch as 20 dogs chase a kobold thief across the map, shame they move at the same speed).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 12:58:25 am »

what the !!Fun!! is a GDS?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 01:21:18 am »

[G]iant [D]esert corpion.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 [2]