Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Designing A Town, Ducimkol "Workwheels" (Formerly "Small Megaproject Help")  (Read 4070 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Designing A Town, Ducimkol "Workwheels" (Formerly "Small Megaproject Help")
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »

Nevermind. Disregard double posting. Question was answered.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:01:18 pm by They Got Leader »
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games

Inspiration - pass it on! ;).
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Well now! I have made my windmill tower. Began digging my arena. I decided that the middle is going to be bridges, and two  levels down, magma awaits... Real Dwarven fun.

In other news, I have begun construction of walls. I am using wooden beam to start the plan, but they will be made of stone. The lake has been filled and the waterwheels are working like a charm. The lake is now full of various fish (non-animal. We are talking about salmon...etc). I have ordered steel, iron, pig iron, platinum and gold from both the human and dwarf traders, so the metal bars are pouring into my base. I plan on using them later, so I am starting the hoard now. I still only have 16 dwarves (turned pop cap to 15, no invasion, I dont care if I am a pansy. This is massive scale construction. I will do military once its done). But they are progressively becoming legendary in their skills.

The elves came recently, bringing with them a breeding pair of mountain goats, a leopard, a giant leopard, a donkey and a fox. All of which I bought via the masterwork cloths that I have been weaving. (All things bought from traders are bought via clothing :) )
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

-Double Post, sorry-

Added code pictures of my buildings. Will continue to update said pictures. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]