Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12508 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurray, it lives!

I'll play with my runes in the sand, putting them in various orders and trying to figure out what they do.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Hint/metagame knowledge that you can't use by the nature of the game:
I made a few image of geometric shapes in a way.
Then put them in a directory structure.
Then split them into various components.
Then merged components to make the 3 discovered runes.

Code: [Select]
My Pictures
|_guild
 |_rune
  |-The three so far
  |_template
   |_power
    |-magical
    |-spiritual
    |_physical
     |-creation
     ||_one composite image that must still be split
     |-destruction
     ||-decay.bmp
     ||-fire.bmp
     ||-unknown_2.bmp
     ||_destruction.bmp(the composite/source image)
     |_manipulation
      |-b.bmp (undecided, like unknown above)
      |-manipulation.bmp(composite/source)
      |-motion.bmp
      |_transformation.bmp

So, to create a rune, I brows the directory by end goal, and take the final split images and layer them in paint. Then I save it to the rune directory with all of the others. Each rune is at least 2 images, and each type has a distinct theme in the design. One was horizontal lines, generally becoming squares, one was angular lines, and one was circles.

‼!!‼
Forgot recruit roll:
2% chance: 41. will be 3% next turn.
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*continues building*

I think I might keep going until there is a second story, maybe a tower...

Can I keep getting my token rolls for dreaming about magic?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will make sure the leader knows where to find us, and return to the smith.

Dyjeccu will help the smith finish our equipment, then practice with the sword.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ranar fell in to a deep sleep... he slept long and hard dreaming of far away lands... as he fell deeper into sleep he slowly lost him self... soon he was nothing but a spark and than even that spark died down until it was a hint of light...

no
no
NO!

I am not dead, I am alive!

Ranar woke up in a sweat... what was that horrid dream... it was fading... he was back.

He lost it the dream was gone... cheerfully he got up to go learn what he could from the smith... but something lingered... that brush is nothingness it left him subtly different. He now knew in the back of his head there was more... Sometimes he would ponder this when helping the smith.

Actions: help smith, ponder magic in free time.

New goal: Become the best magic smith in the land.

We are back baby.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

I think the recruitment system is a little strange. Why would there be a chance for a new person applying? I mean, in-game it makes sense, but thinking outside the game, I think that you should just not allow recruits at all until you feel like you can handle it (you might want to have lots of enemies and some sort of "revival" system, so that you can kill people off and give new people a chance to play, but when you have room for the veterans they just wake up from their coma or whatnot and still have their stats).

That being said, I'd like to apply.
Name: Airag
Goal: To help others and learn healing magic

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

alfred is becoming a closer and closer companion, more than schaudy ever had. however, he is weak, and defenseless. therefore i take alfred to a trainer.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I would like to apply aswell, seems very interesting.
Name:Thondar
Goals:To remember who he is
Background:A somewhat good fighter and a dabbling magic user he travelled the world doing stuff and generally trying to survive, one day he stumbled upon a mage doing something strange, something wrong to some people, without thinking why oor wheter he would survive he charged headlong into the bald figure, then there was a zap and blackness.
(If at all possible i would like my charachter appear somwhere above the campsite, then with a loud screem fall down into a tree scaring the crap out of anyone nearby, no memory at all)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

oh, we're setting goals? okay, goal: to make alfred/butterfly a respectable and even famous member of society. will act as though goal is achieved if it happens to either pet.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, everyone posted?

Will do the next turn roughly 20 hours from now.

As for recruits, the base chance will go up by one with each recruit, and I will decide who it is by going through all of the unused applications and giving each one a 50% chance. If it succeeds, the applicant will have 24 hours to accept or decline, and I will move on. Unless you specifically request that your application is ignored, it will remain until you make it into the game.

Remember, so far the town only just learned about the group, and virtually nobody else in the world has either. Furthermore, few who do know would be interested, at least until it is larger.

If it wasn't random, then I would probably unintentionlly give it a bias that really helps the players trying to not be especially unfair, so to keep the game balanced, the randomness will continue.
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When we get larger, like huge, will get be getting dice rolls not to see if anyone comes but to see how many?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably.

And by then, most of them would(fortunately) be NPCs, for players to take control of rather than waiting to join as a new character. Although they still could.
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ya I was thinking they could be apprentices and journeymen and any players that join are elevated to master.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

That's a good point. All right, then.

But I still think you should stop the flow of immigrants when you get bored of the game or have a lot of work, or at least bombard the players with monsters to kill some off. Otherwise the game dies, and that's the worst.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking that the NPC can be used like:

Oh you have 57 apprentices, they work (Roll dice 78) hard and net you (x times 57) monetarily units. Than we will have income and we con concentrate on stuff that matters to us.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11