Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12512 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I gain any skills from helping the blacksmith?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Yes, although with the continuing absence of a numerical system to record it, it will remain a bague bonus to be resolved at a future date.

Dyjeccu: Spending your time generally helping out, you end up casually mentioning your story. You are directed to the leader, who is interested in the fact that you are part of a new guild. He is interested in the success of it, and feels that there is great potential for mutual benefit. If you wand/need work, he can probably find something for you to do, from killing threats to helping with the harvests, or more construction.

Other things that I forgot:

From now on there is a probability of applicants, at 1% chance per day, +1% each day until one is found, then resetting to 1%, and similarily to the runes, when one arrives, a second roll will be made that day.

Arrivals: 1%: 8. +1%.
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to learn more skills from the blacksmith by helping him.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

how's alfred doing?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to join.

Zedekiah "Angel" Godwinson
Goal: to become a mighty and famous warrior.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arrivals: 1%: 8. +1%.

If you haven't caught on to how probabilities work here:

I go to random.org.

I generate a random number between 1 and 100(plus extra zeros if needed because the probability has a decimal)

After adding a decomal point if extra digits were used, I compare it to the probability. If it is equal to or less than the probability, it counts as a success.

The quoted chance was the chance of an arrival, and IT FAILED. However, that probability is rerolled daily now, and just like the research, it goes up with each failure and resets on success.

Example:
38.2%. Roll: 1-1000, then put a decimal for a result like 63.9 rather than 639. In this case, it would be a failure, as 63.9 is far greater than 38.2.
Eh?
Eh!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

leader..can probably find something for you to do, from killing threats to helping with the harvests, or more construction.
Yes. if these people have problems, we are in a position to help. Are there threats, to be killed or otherwise?

Dyjeccu volunteer our services first for dealing with threats (Mindfully, I am aware of how under-skilled and under-equipped our guild is. While I prefer a challenge, I hopefully will not over-extending the group.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:57:17 pm by Dyjeccu »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Computer died, will keep building.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might be more ignored than usual, with the 7DRL going on this week. Both making one(hopefully finishing), and will likely be playing many after.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that I am done my 7DRL, this is back!

Please ensure that you have an action for the next day, I'll write it in the morning if possible.
Eh?
Eh!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

go to an animal trainer and have him train alfred.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will repost just in case.

Try to learn more skills from the blacksmith by helping him.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is this dead?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really. I was refraining from bumping it myself because I was worried that the players had lost intrest. If there is intrest, though, then I don't see why I couldn't revive this.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 9:
(Note that I may mix up characters and actions, since it's been a while.)

Ranar(I hope) continues to help the smith. He learns a bit, especially as the smith often points out what he is doing and why in response to Ranar's intrest. I still need to devise a concrete stat system that doesn't become a hinderance.

Dyjeccu discusses assistance... It appears that a few months back, some of the people here had started to establish a mine, but were interrupted by a small group of {generic fantasy race. Maybe kobolds, but not quite?}. The miners escaped, but now their efforts are being occupied. The mine is a few days south and a bit to the west, but you are advised to consider waiting a while, as there is no urgency, and they are probably too strong for you.(No final decisions, this is just the town leader thinking that you might want to wait a while. If you have a decent strategy, you could take them out easily right now, but even with the entire group, some of you would likely take severe though likely nonfatal wounds if you took them all on at once. Killing them a few at a time, or setting traps, would greatly help, as would better supplies or ranged weapons.)

Quote from: first post
There is a small village a day to the east by foot, and mountains two days to the south. You are in a lightly wooded forest.

Basewards:

RAM keeps building. He is developing a knack for it.

dwarfguy2(did you have a named character?): To find an animal trainer would likely require a jourey into town. Proceed? Y/N (The result will be posted after I know what happens)

Frederick reviews some of Schaudy's doodles, and finds that
(30% +5% for magic application: 35%: 11!)
(20% +5%: 87. +10% for next attempt)
(The +5% will be added silently from now on, giving a base chance of 25% rather than 20.)
One of them has a strong response compared to the others. It still feel very weak, and he can't tell if the others didn't respond, or didn't respond strongly enough to feel.

The second building is finished!
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11