Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12537 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Why use a fort when a fortress-city on a magically suspended floating rock is better?

Answer: because then you would be accused of ripping off the royal palace, plus the cost...
(Yes, I just decided that there is at least a semi-monarchy, and that the castle floats on a rock)

Turn coming soon: Must put a bit of work into pizza first.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 6.

RAM dreams of magic. (Since a dream is a free action, I'm sorry but I will be using a random number. +%:random between -0.5 and 0.5: +0.5! You got lucky, but just to test, the next two generated were 0.1 and -0.5, so don't think it's entirely free...)

Schaudy works with the wolf to restore it's abilities. It gets a bit stronger, but it will take time before it can come close to it's youth in strength.
(18%*0.5 magic discovery: 9%. 46. +0.5)

RAM builds.
(13% * 0.5: 6.5%. 38.5. +0.5)

Frederick studies runes:
20% chance +10% per day to find one. On success, reset and bonus roll. Although later ones would theoretically be harder to find, as you would have less to find, at the same time you would start to see patterns that can be used to narrow your search. Also, this assumes using your previous grasp of magic to sense when they have power in them.
20% chance: 56. will be 30% tomorrow.

Also note that discovering their use would be harder. Gaining an elemental intuition of some sort would make it very easy, or finging how to cast them (I think it would be studied automatically...)
More research:
6% chance to learn to apply magic: 84. failed. +2%
Once you can apply magic, there will be rolls to see if you can direct it. By apply magic I mean putting your magic into the runes blindly. You would feel a response on success.
Further developments would include elemental discovery, and a more firm grasp on magic. As it is, you just faintly feel it, like seeing something out of the corner of your eye.
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair enough. I think it would be helpful to know about a rune first, in order to have something to mess around with. Along these lines, I'll continue drawing random rune-like things in the sand.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help move the stuff in ...

Ditto. After, have Steve the blacksmith make us some equipment.. I will help if he needs it.

Total wages after day seven: 11 man-day equivalent

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 7.

Dyjeccu and Ranar continue to help, until it is finished!
The smith, grateful for your help, starts making supplies. They will be done tomorow. Please specify the types of items.
Ranar considers magic(Still no bonus from Fred until you meet him)
(2%: 42. +1%)

Dyjeccu, with nothing better to do, watches the smith and helps where he can. He learns something from it.
Eh?
Eh!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder about Frederick, Schaudy, and RAM's preference in arms and armor.
For Dyjeccu, how about breastplate, helmet, short sword, round shield?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for offering. I'd like an iron rod (Two feet or so. Good as a wand and for bopping hostiles.) plus a few rings and amulets.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

a plain wood staff with a skull and a carving of a butterfly. and some cloth robes.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want a full chain mail suit a sword some and some daggers, that is if I can afford them. If I can than any left over money will go towards buying things that the other guys want. Also can I use the day it will take to make the stuff helping and learning from the blacksmith?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a plain wood staff with a skull and a carving of a butterfly. and some cloth robes.

This is a smith, not a woodcarver, unfortunately.

I want a full chain mail suit a sword some and some daggers, that is if I can afford them. If I can than any left over money will go towards buying things that the other guys want. Also can I use the day it will take to make the stuff helping and learning from the blacksmith?

Regardless if you could afford it, chainmail takes time(I googled it to confirm a suspicion), and this isn't quite a master smith, either. If he was very good, he would spend time to work in a larger city.
Eh?
Eh!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

iron rod, and some light armour.,
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ok, sword, some daggers and some light armor of some kind than?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ned Kelly style!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In total, it looks like--
  • Dyjeccu- Breastplate, helmet, short sword
  • Nirur Torir- Iron rod, rings, amulets
  • Criptfeind- Breastplate, three daggers, sword
  • RAM- Breastplate, helmet (Assumed-yours is a vague reference)
Shield (Dyjeccu) and staff (Dwarfguy2) should be self-craftable.

Dwarfguy2, RAM, I think we are waiting for your day seven.

Edit- Nirur Torir's enchantment fodder
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:28:23 pm by Dyjeccu »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I intend to enchant rings and amulets to help my good friends, but that's difficult to do without any rings or amulets.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11