Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12523 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

i name the wolf edward and began caring for it like my own son.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to join.

Zedekiah "Angel" Godwinson
Goal: to become a mighty and famous warrior.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going to be gone for a day or two, my turns will be work, try to get hired as a guard or helper or anything to a merchant or trade caravan. Also if I could use my saved up moneys to buy a sword and some armor I will do that. If nothing else follow the lead of Dyjeccu.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll aim for rune magic and ritual magic.

I now begin drawing non-random patterns in the sand with a stick while muttering gibberish.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got a call, plans changed not going to leave.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day four:
Dyjeccu befriends the smith, then helps with the construction.
He determines roughly when the smithy will be ready for use.

-Current proto-guild bankroll-
Ranar: Two days wage
Dyjeccu: One days wage

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

I think I'll aim for rune magic and ritual magic.

I now begin drawing non-random patterns in the sand with a stick while muttering gibberish.

If you can faintly sense magic, you could slightly detect when an action caused some disturbance magically. For now, the specialization of research method will be irrelevant.
Eh?
Eh!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm making a character.

Name: Swashbuckling Ted

Goal: Raise a crew of salty sea dogs (or salty land dogs, whichever is more convinient) and plunder enough loot to retire in a house fit for a pirate king.

Background: Ted is a self proclaimed scourge of the seas. Ted has been put out of place "stranded" inland away from any ships to plunder. He wears a pair of ragged pants, an old, beat-up tricorne, and a scrawny, bald parrot that sits on top of his hat. He also carries around an old, rusty dagger that he tends to like to throw into walls. When asked about his origins, he replies with a "Yarr".
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I try to build a kennel for the dog, then the beginnings of some individual rooms that could support another couple of floors on top of it. Getting more wood as needed...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't worry about structural support, although you generally need to build on something. I'll only bother you if it gets unreasonably unlikely to hold together.

Outright floating is not possible without(even accidental) magic.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fourth day, townside
Dyjeccu and Ranar cotinue to help with the construction. As for when it would be done, the smith estimates three more days, where it would have been a whole week without your help. He doesn't have any arms or armour available yet, but would be quite happy to make some when the smithy is done. With all of this work, Ranar has temporarily lost intrest in magic. (Until you specifically mention it again, so that I don't have to roll for it every turn)

Fourth day, baseward
Schaudy spends the entire day caring for the wolf. It's health greatly improves, and it is now fully loyal to the group. (casual consideration of magic: 7.5% * 0.5: 3.75%. 27.37. Another failure. +0.5%)

Frederick spends the whole time still trying to learn magic of some sort. (8% * 1.5: 12% chance. 49. +2% next.)

Ram builds. A kennel is simple enough, but he doesn't have time to finish any rooms.
(Magic: a half-intrested 2.5% * 0.4: 1% chance. 57. +0.5)

For the construction, it would be nice if you could map the shape. It is currently
Code: [Select]
#####
#+++#
#+++D
#+++#
#####
(D: door, +: floor, #: wall)
And it would be nice if you could show where.
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I suggest a small minus to doing physical tasks when you are also contemplating magic? Other wise there seems no reason to ever not study magic, at least not at a low level.

Help build more.

Do we get building exp or something for help build this?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spend the turn talking gibberish to the wolf.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:39:20 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help build more.

Also continue construction. Focus on increasing endurance.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those of you thinking it isn't going anywhere much yet, remember that the people in town found work that will soon be finished, and the rest are well on the way to someone learning the most basic magic. That will instantly give the others an additional 5% chance and +1% per day starting the day after, with up to an extra +4% per day if they actively teach the others.

Also,
I spend the turn talking gibberish to the wolf.
What, you want to learn to talk to animals, too? Such a task would be incredibly hard, so would start off at 0.01% and increment generally by 0.001%. Still, that is since it is leaning a language with no shared structure at all with your current one.
However, generally understanding it would be much easier. If you can infer it's general emotions by it's appearance and general sounds, it wouldn't be harder than starting to learn magic. And knowing how it feels would even give a bonus to learning it's language.

Anyway...

Day five(already?), town.
They continue to help, as simple as that.

May I suggest a small minus to doing physical tasks when you are also contemplating magic? Other wise there seems no reason to ever not study magic, at least not at a low level.
Do we get building exp or something for help build this?
Well, I am trying to base this more on my perception of reality, where you can occasionally have inspiraton at the oddest moments. If it was a more mental task, there would be an affect, and if you don't set aside specific time for it, your character will lose intrest in it. After you play a video game, don't you sometimes continue to contemplate it occasionally for a few days after?

Yes, you get experience, but until I ut a numeric system to it, you just have a generalbonus when I remember it and you are doing something where it would help.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11