Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12529 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just continuing my search for magic words. It would be boring to take the same exact action each turn, so I'm varying exactly how I'm trying to learn.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

#########+++#########
#+++#+++#+++#+++#+++#
#+++#+++#+++#+++#+++#
#+++#+++#+++#+++#+++#
##D###D##+++##D###D##
+++++++++++++++++++++
++#####++++++++++++++
++#+++#++++++++++++++
++#+++D++++++++++++++
++#+++#D#++++++++++++
++#####D#++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++

Kennel
1st room
2nd room
future rooms
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:14:09 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 6;
Continue construction. Continue focus on endurance. Second-to-last day of building.

Wages:
Ranar: 4 days equiv
Dyjeccu: 3 days equiv

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

i go to the local mage guild and ask them to teach me some more.

but there will probably be a fee, so i work until i have 100 gold or whatever.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

i go to the local mage guild and ask them to teach me some more.

but there will probably be a fee, so i work until i have 100 gold or whatever.

"Local" would probably mean a 6 day journey or so, for a small place taught by one person when they have spare time or need money. would probably take closer to 10 days to get to a city(and there it would be a small branch of a major guild, so likely "merely" 20 members or so). maybe a month to reach a major city with hundreds of people in a guild, and for the places with thousands, you could only find those in the ~5 largest cities.

Not to discourage you, it's just that if they built a whole school at each town, within a few years they would run out of students and funds, and development of new magic would be *slower* because they would be dispersed across the known world.

Still, if you want to trek out to someone who knows something, you could become an aprentice and get good bonuses until you come close to their level, and if you wanted, you could help them progress further, as group research gets a bonus(Exception: discovery of concepts with no feedback. No matter how many people collaberate, with no way to tell when they are succeeding, the only bonus is that once one succeeds, the rest will get a slight bonus)

Also, smaller locations would have lower fees, to a point. A lone old mage might be happy to teach in return for assistance with physical tasks, but if you decide to go somewhere large enough they will ask for a fee, more famous places would demand larger fees. The point is that the smaller places need the funding, and the larger places need to filter out the less effective students, as they can't afford the time to teach every single person who walks in asking for education.
Eh?
Eh!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay, i work on making us bedrooms then.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day five.

Frederick continues his quest for magic...
(10%*2(consecutive study bonus, I guess): 20% chance. 6!)
As he mutters odd words to himself, something clicks into place and he realizes what needed to be done. For a moment, he could vaguely sense the magic in the world around him. He spends the rest of the day working on it, and can, by concentrating, access magic! (Can't do anything, but can feel when an action produces a responce, so can actually find words that do things. Some actions do not trigger magic effects on their own, but the most basic words and symbols will be easy to discover)
(Others: +10%)

Schaudy and RAM, meanwhile, are bust logging and building, and finish a significant part of the constructions, although there is still much more to do.

Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurray, magic! I'll now draw various shapes into the sand with a stick, trying to learn magic runes.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i begin training the wolf to restore its strength. in montage form.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Build will thinking on magic.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dream about magic.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dream about magic.
Any actions for after?

Day 6, in the town.

Ranar and Dyjeccu continue to help. By the end of the day, the structure is finished, although the equipment must be moved in.
Ranar returns to contemplation of magic as he works:
(1.6%: 29.8, +0.4%)

Others:
Just giving RAM a chance to be more detailed about his action(s) for the day.
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help move the stuff in and think on magic.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, keep building, if we want to be famous we will need a fort...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11