Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Just some group of people, out to make a name for themselves in the world...  (Read 12520 times)

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile

have the wolf go hunt some groundhogs.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Day 7b, I guess?

Frederick continues to study runes:
New rune: 30%: 7! success and reset to 20%
Second attempt: 20%: 20! Second success?
Third attempt: 20%: 77. +10%.
He discovers two basic runes:

magic application:
8%: 8!
While studying the runes he found, he accidentally caused a response in it, making it visibly glow, although dimly. It feels lke it is on the verge of doing something, if only it had slightly more power.

RAM:
I assume/infer that you probably want to keep building. You do so, then.

Schaudy:
You and the wolf go hunting, and get a few groundhogs.

A quick guide to my vague ideas on runes:
Runes would be constructed from basic shapes, each type of shape having various sub-shapes. The type of shape forms a category, the sub-shape the specific. Additionally, there are three types, I think, of shape. All that is just for runes of power. Furthermore, there would be runes that do nothing on their own, but when paired with power runes shape the effect, and such. I have 3 shapes in (rune directory)\template\power\physical\, each with a variety of ways to split them.

Eh?
Eh!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i draw some runes on a piece of paper (if we can afford luxuries like that).
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurray!

I'll practice magic application now, figuring out how I made it glow and trying to make it glow more brightly.

Edit: I'll practice both magical application and magical detection, powering runes and trying to see the magic power more clearly.

I will help colleagues out after I have a better grasp of the subject.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:38:06 pm by Nirur Torir »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. I forgot to write it, although I thought it, that you did figure out how you did it, basically by aplying the weak force that you could muster to the rune. Making it glow more brightly would be primarily based on getting stronger with use of magic.
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, right, missed the post about gear preference, I was referring to how you could make light armour of some type if your were an unskilled smith.))

RAM continues building the room, and daydreams about having a sabre and parrying dagger, and a pair of clawed bracers.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. I was going to include this in the next turn, then realizad that I had to do the non-town previous turn first....

Well, the smith will decide that he'll make fome of the weapons for you, but then he must work on things that the town needed for a while. He just wants to get some essential supplies for the town done soon, and then he would be delighted to have an excuse to practice armorsmithing and advanced crafts. You can't get better by doing nothing, and thinking only goes so far in highly physical crafts like smithing...

Also, maybe as a result of your presence, he will get better faster and gain fame from it earlier then if you never helped? This is the timeline that it is, though, so whether he did better or worse is now irrelevant and unknowable.

Will probably post turn soon.
Eh?
Eh!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I understand; our focus and initiative to improve our ability and standing effect those we work with.

To make his first job quick, Dyjeccu will ask Steve the blacksmith to make a rod, two dirk, and three spearheads.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might be away for the weekend, I will continue building the rooms...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its too bad this thread is going stale- Qwertyuiopa, I believe you had the basis to a good skill improvement system cooking here.                         

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wasn't forgotten, just unpredicted delays turned an estimated three hour excusrion into something at least twice that yesterday. I never forgot about this, though.

Will write the turn now...
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 8:
Ranar helps the smith. He in onlly going to work on your requests today for now, as he has som essential supplies to make for the rest of the town. He estimates a week or so before he has free time, but after that he shouldn't be as busy unless something important comes up. In the end, he has finished two daggers, a ring, and has a nearly finished sword that just needs to be sharpened.

Dyjeccu does whatever he does, as I can't see a clear action, so it will be written later(probably in a few posts)

Schaudy draws some runes, partly based on Frederick's previous discoveries, and partly based on his assumptions on what runes could look like. Meanwhile he tries to figure out magic(18.5%: 86.7), although still can't get anything, so he is left without a way to test his runes(first two rune discoveries will have a +20% chance)

RAM keeps building.

Frederick works on using the runes:
Better understanding:
6%: 89. +3%.
Although he doesn't have any breakthroughs, he is starting to get better. Still trying to use the rune, at the most power he can feed into it it seems to faintly be doing something. For a moment, a nearby candle flickers green. It seems that without the guidance of control runes, it is trying to spread it's affect in all applicable ways nearby, requiring more power than if it was better directed, and still not reaching more than one. (Lore: often mages will include a mind reading rune directed to convey what they want something to affect rather than specifically include it in the runeset. It does draw more power to read their mind, but far less than if undirected, and it can easily be reused.)
Eh?
Eh!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i go out and carve runes into a tree.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll spend the turn trying to create new runes with Schaudy.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: qwertyuiopas
Dyjeccu .. I can't see a clear action
My mistake, with all the talk about helping the blacksmith, I thought I gave the action.

Day 8, Dyjeccu will roam the town looking for other work/opportunities to render aid.  Keep alert for larger issues that our group could engage.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11