Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Free Play Mode"  (Read 1002 times)

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Free Play Mode"
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

I've had this idea ever since the first release of 3D dwarf fortress.

So anyway the idea here is a "free play dwarf mode" say after you finish creating a world then you'd select "start game" then select "FreePlay DwarfFort" then you'd choose what kind of biomes you want(and where they are), what shape you want the mountain to be, elevation and selecting where you want cave/surface features to be and what level you want it to be on.

You see I'm kind of tired looking over whole worlds looking for a map that has all the cave features. And even if i found one with all the features they would be spread all acrossed the levels. =(

Please consider this idea toady, and maybe I'll be able to shape a mountain similar to ol' 2D fortress with all the awesome stuff you put in the 3D releases.

PS: I've been a bit of a lurker and i'ver never said this but, this game is the greatest ever. ever!    :D

PSS: I've kinda condensed this post to small quickly readable size.

[ February 27, 2008: Message edited by: Hamel ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Free Play Mode"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

Hmm...maybe this and an editor type of thing together would be nice, for instance you could spawn a few dozen GCS for a dwarf killing spree.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Free Play Mode"
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »

There is an editor arch planned for the distant(read long, long, long time from now) future