Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warbeasts/More aggressive enemies.  (Read 1131 times)

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warbeasts/More aggressive enemies.
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:27:23 pm »

I've got a really nice fortress right now. Heavy defenses, high metal concentration, very high value, but I still only have 75 dwarves, and goblin attacks are extremely underwhelming. The local wildlife have also displayed a tendency to wander into my cage traps, and this has furnished me with several dozen tamed white rhinoceros and elephants. However, these can do little but amble about, taking up FPS's and occasionally providing a boost to my food and leather industries. What I want are to mod these creatures to be trainable as war-animals. This includes the Stegosaur and Triceratops that are included creatures in Dig Deeper. I have about fifty assorted giant, killer critters right now that will happily flee in terror at the sight of a kobold thief, what do I need to add to their creature files to allow me to convert them into warbeasts?

Also, is there any additions I can make in the game files that will increase the size, frequency and aggression of goblin raids and seiges? Their raiding parties are just fodder for my Legendary miners right now, and they show no signs of improving any time soon.

immolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warbeasts/More aggressive enemies.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:41:54 pm »

I've got a really nice fortress right now. Heavy defenses, high metal concentration, very high value, but I still only have 75 dwarves, and goblin attacks are extremely underwhelming. The local wildlife have also displayed a tendency to wander into my cage traps, and this has furnished me with several dozen tamed white rhinoceros and elephants. However, these can do little but amble about, taking up FPS's and occasionally providing a boost to my food and leather industries. What I want are to mod these creatures to be trainable as war-animals. This includes the Stegosaur and Triceratops that are included creatures in Dig Deeper. I have about fifty assorted giant, killer critters right now that will happily flee in terror at the sight of a kobold thief, what do I need to add to their creature files to allow me to convert them into warbeasts?

Also, is there any additions I can make in the game files that will increase the size, frequency and aggression of goblin raids and seiges? Their raiding parties are just fodder for my Legendary miners right now, and they show no signs of improving any time soon.
First off the wiki page on creature tokens (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Creature_tokens) answers all of your questions and most that you might end up having.

[trAINABLE][PET] will make any creature you want trainable into a War version.

If you want better goblins just replace them with some type of orc mod or replace all but the name of the goblin creature entry(do not change the entity info unless you want to regen) with text from an orc.

Here are examples of tags that would make the goblins more powerful. Adding all of these could be inadvisable as they will cause extreme Fun.
[DAMBLOCK:5]
[SIZE:9]
[trANCES]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[AMPHIBIOUS]
[BOILING_POINT: 50,000]
[COLDDAM_POINT: 9,508]
[HEATDAM_POINT: 25,000]
[IGNITE_POINT: 27,000]
[EXTRAVISION]
[NOBREATHE]
[NOTHOUGHT]
[NOEXERT]
[NOPAIN]
[NONAUSEA]
[NOSTUN]
[PARALYZEIMMUNE]
[NOBLEED]
[NOFEAR]
[FIREIMMUNE]
[FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
[MAGMA_VISION]
[SPEED:400]

EDIT: [trAPAVOID] also
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:45:13 pm by immolo »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:45:02 pm »

The only thing you can do without creating a new world is to make individual goblins tougher/stronger.  For this, increasing the [ SIZE ], lowering the [ SPEED ] number, adding a [ DAMBLOCK ] and increasing their attack values are your best bet.  [ NOPAIN ] and [ NOBLEED ] go a long ways too. (arg beaten!)

If you were to create a new world, anything that creates a large goblin population during world generation will also make them send more and larger sieges.  Going into the entity_default.txt RAW file and changing the 2s in the [ PROGRESS_TRIGGER ] tags to 1s will make them come sooner.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »

EDIT: [trAPAVOID] also

[LOCKPICKER] is worse (implies [trAPAVOID], allows them to use Forbidden doors).

What no [BUILDINGDESTROYER:(1 or 2)]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:18:50 pm by sunshaker »