Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange and somewhat funny spawning situation.... What to do...?  (Read 2563 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Strange and somewhat funny spawning situation.... What to do...?
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »

So I have a talented human lasher and she was walking around the forest when a random encounter of wolves struck. The unusual thing is where everyone was placed. The wolves are all in a dried up murky pool. She is on a one tile "island" on the level right above the wolves, cut off from any path out.

What do I do?

Currently, I have saved the game with her in that situation.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pathos

Re: Strange and somewhat funny spawning situation.... What to do...?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:04 pm »

I believe it's ALT-ARROWKEY to move off a ledge.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »

That's how to get off the "island" of the dried up murky pool and into the pool itself. Once I kill all the wolves down there, then how do I get out of the dried up pool?

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Magnavark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:17:15 pm »

Once you kill the wolves, you'll be able to go to the world map. Just hit shift-t in order to go back up to the world map.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:20:42 pm »

I tried this on a savescum. After a half an hour, I still can't Travel on the worldmap. :(

"You must survive the ambush" [All wolves are dead]

Please don't quote me.

Luna

• Bay Watcher
  • [AMPHIBIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:27:13 pm »

Yeah, use alt-move to jump down from your ledge. (After you kill the wolves, preferably. I believe walking off a ledge stuns you.)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:17:32 pm »

[See above]

Tried this, killed all wolves, still could not leave a half hour after all wolves dead.

Please don't quote me.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:11 pm »

walk around in circles for a while it usually makes me walk a bit to prove I survived the ambush.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Luna

• Bay Watcher
  • [AMPHIBIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:11:56 pm »

Other things to try: Alt walking out of the sides fo the pool, walking back and forth for a while and trying to travel, sleeping and traveling when you wake up.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:13:38 am »

Alt walking out of the sides fo the pool,

Cant, its basically a cliff..

Try sleeping, then try travelling, its probably one lone wolf not in the murky pool.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 06:33:21 am »

From my experience, I could never leave an encounter from the same tile in which I started, lest I had many moves between start and finish. Normally, a good bit of walking (yes, even in a dry pool) remedies the issue.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.