Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90705 times)

Zilvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! June 7th
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

Tiring to remember the encounters we did I think have flying enemies, so you can imagine and also bug the techics about it.
 This would work.
After all if you seen the tech on the enemy maybe you would want to use it so could imagine it.
Just don't take it as fact smiles.

After all it is a soldiers desire to have better tech even if only seen on the enemy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2010, 11:41:03 am »

Go Darkwind!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »

I don't want to derail the thread here, but, yeah. I got fired.  :-[

I'll be getting about thirty hours a week from my part-time job until I find a new one, but... ugh.

Anyway, bad news for my bank account, good news for you guys. I'll have more time for writing. Probably. Until we cancel my intartubez.

In celebration of my incredibly shitty day (even if I did hate that job with a passion unrivaled), have an incredibly depressing/disturbing story post!  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2010, 09:41:17 pm »

Y

Good writing, although a bit disturbing there at the end.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! (bios) July 21st
« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »

wow rick, just wow. I tend to find my own dreams confusing, this was just awesome. it was confusing and surreal enough to certainly be a dream.

crap about your job, i'll send a pm as to not derail.

edit - last 8 bios in this post. Enjoy!

edit - turns out Dr. Ross was an extra bio so it is actually 9 bios. also I fail at copy paste :P fixed now, how could i have forgotten about quibble?!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:18:08 am by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2010, 02:32:14 am »

Umm... anya? Those are only six bios.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:19 am »

Umm... anya? Those are only six bios.
dude there's eight. wait nvm.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 21, 2010, 10:33:43 am »

Thanks guys!

That was a lot of fun to write, especially since that dream has a lot of meaning for Doctor Rick. This line, and word that I've bolded, in particular means a lot, though it doesn't make much sense to you guys at the moment:

Over the haze of the flames filling my room, I see Anya. Her accusing glare burns my soul, and her whisper echoes with the rage of a thousand gods.

"Why didn't you save them?"

:D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:41 am »

Whoa, the snakeman too? That IS deep.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 21, 2010, 11:30:58 am »

Sucks about your job, Rick, but I really enjoyed your writing!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2010, 11:41:23 am »

Here is a bonus bio for you guys while i cool down before heading back out to the job search (its quite humid today, we had a 10 minute thunder storm today)

Auraluna: character of cganya
Desc: Auraluna is Commander Anya's personal assistant at X-Com and handles most of the paperwork and scheduling. Auraluna was born and raised in Mexico city but her father left her mother in her early years. Her grandmother and mother worked hard for many years to put Auraluna through private schools, they pushed Auraluna to be the most successful member of the family. At age 13 Auraluna's grandmother had a stroke that left the heavy set woman half paralyzed (left side). With her mother now pulling the entire weight of the family, only Auraluna was available to care for the aging woman. Auraluna was thus forced to skip most of her childhood and quickly became the only responsible adult in the family, she cooked every meal, cleaned everything that needed to be cleaned and tended to both her grandmother and any guests all while attending school and achieving a very high grade average. Having no extra money to enjoy the little things in life, Auraluna setup a small candy empire that she and a friend managed and ran. Buying candy in bulk and reselling it at school, Auraluna managed to turn an amazing profit. Though the profit was spent on frivolous things and school supplies, Auraluna quickly proved that she was an extremely hard working and clever as well. Auraluna went on to work for several companies as an office administrator, often single-handedly keeping them in business. She is no stranger to superiors that don't play by the rules but has never sunk to that level herself. Selected from a long list of applicants, Auraluna stood out as an office administrator who went above and beyond, turning any company she worked for into pure gold. Currently Auraluna has her sights set on the commander and is trying to win her over with excellently cooked foods.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 21, 2010, 12:11:54 pm »

I don't remember if I requested it before, but I'll do it now.

When we get to the point where we're running troops through the psy training, I'd like you to give Gableman a soldier. Run him through the training with the first group, and have him go on missions with the psi-troops. In-character he'll be there to monitor the effects of psi-combat on the soldiers minds. Out-of-character he'l be there because I think it would be awesome to send him on missions. :D

Give him armor, a laser pistol, a psi-amp, and a med-kit. He'll happily blast an aliens he runs across, but for god-sakes don't put him on breaching duty!! D:

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 21, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »

When we get to the point where we're running troops through the psy training, I'd like you to give Gableman a soldier. Run him through the training with the first group, and have him go on missions with the psi-troops. In-character he'll be there to monitor the effects of psi-combat on the soldiers minds. Out-of-character he'l be there because I think it would be awesome to send him on missions. :D

Give him armor, a laser pistol, a psi-amp, and a med-kit. He'll happily blast an aliens he runs across, but for god-sakes don't put him on breaching duty!! D:

ooo... I wish you had asked this sooner. We are pretty close to the end of the month and you can only assign who's being trained at the beginning of the month.I will hire the next batch of people as soon as I get out of the current mission but no promises. On that note I would like anyone who "doesn't" want to have psych training to speak up, I figured it would be easier to count the people who don't want this aspect of the game on their character.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 21, 2010, 02:40:47 pm »

ooo... I wish you had asked this sooner. We are pretty close to the end of the month and you can only assign who's being trained at the beginning of the month.I will hire the next batch of people as soon as I get out of the current mission but no promises. On that note I would like anyone who "doesn't" want to have psych training to speak up, I figured it would be easier to count the people who don't want this aspect of the game on their character.

Easily solved in character. We'll just say he monitored the first batch of recruits, then participated in the second batch.

I'll get to work typing up some stuff this afternoon while I'm at the part-time job (and there won't be any issues with me doing that there), including the official request e-mail from Dr Gableman (which I already have written, by not typed).

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 21, 2010, 04:19:02 pm »

I have news!

that is all.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67