Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90753 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:27 am »

Anya, may I ask what stuff you have turned on and what not with Xcomutil? I wonder, because I don't know if I want the game being so easy :P

Uh, it wants to give me weapons to my ships. I think I will play without Util :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2010, 05:52:25 pm »

From the first post:

I'm using the improved tanks, improved weapons and alternate starting base options:

improved tanks: the first few tanks have a bit more effective armor making them able to withstand a few plasma shots, its still fairly easy to lose the tank to a plasma auto shot or too

improved weapons: a minor rebalanced of weapons, making all weapons viable within their class (the documentations says the main changes are adding auto shot to the conventional pistol and making the heavy laser a bit more accurate.

alternate starting base: doesn't add anything extra to the starting base but arranges it to be more defensible.

But I think the alternate starting base isn't actually used, since that's the default layout that Anya has going.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 05, 2010, 09:09:13 pm »

From the first post:

I'm using the improved tanks, improved weapons and alternate starting base options:

improved tanks: the first few tanks have a bit more effective armor making them able to withstand a few plasma shots, its still fairly easy to lose the tank to a plasma auto shot or too

improved weapons: a minor rebalanced of weapons, making all weapons viable within their class (the documentations says the main changes are adding auto shot to the conventional pistol and making the heavy laser a bit more accurate.

alternate starting base: doesn't add anything extra to the starting base but arranges it to be more defensible.

But I think the alternate starting base isn't actually used, since that's the default layout that Anya has going.

I had asked people if I should use the alternate starting base and the concensous was that it would make base defence too easy. I dont mind the origonal layout but if i were to play on my own i might use the improved layout.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 05, 2010, 09:09:59 pm »

Waiting...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:17 pm »

Waiting...
please have a bit of patience. recently I have been tired at night when I usually do my writing. I'm taking on a lot of stress from lack of job, lack of money and a wife who keeps asking me if she can buy things >.<. It doesn't help that her mother wastes the money we send her on medicine she doesn't need for things that don't endanger her life. $1000 on pink eye, dry skin on elbow and a cold?! She is an attention craving kind of person so when she is "sick" she is "dieing".

I've been getting headaches and been feeling physically depressed. I probably need to get out more but ugh I just don't want to face more rejection. anybody who reads this hiring by chance? I'm really good at what I do (magical computer stuff - non-programing)

anyways, back on topic. next post is coming slowly. It is coming though and while I may be in a rut at the moment, the LP does not end here!
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 05, 2010, 11:41:00 pm »

Take your time. Get RL together. We'll keep waiting.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 05, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »

Take all the time you need. RL is more important than IL (intarnet life)

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 06, 2010, 02:54:54 am »

Anya, may I ask what stuff you have turned on and what not with Xcomutil? I wonder, because I don't know if I want the game being so easy :P

Uh, it wants to give me weapons to my ships. I think I will play without Util :P
I haven't read all the threads LP posts yet but the thing is x-com's not very hard, it just has a very steep learning curve. In particular the battles are easy once you figured out how to exploit the AI's weaknesses. It mostly just follows a fixed track until they see something to shoot, the AI will never regroup or counterattack unless its by accident so you can pick them off at your leisure.
If you want to get slaughtered try terror from the deep.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:01:35 am by kuro_suna »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:35 am »

I haven't read all the threads LP posts yet but the thing is x-com's not very hard, it just has a very steep learning curve. In particular the battles are easy once you figured out how to exploit the AI's weaknesses. It mostly just follows a fixed track until they see something to shoot, the AI will never regroup or counterattack unless its by accident so you can pick them off at your leisure.

I played both, TFTD is harder, I know.

I was just asking because I missed the xcomutil stuff in the first post :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:55 am »

First terror mission, ok this shouldn't be too hard just shoot a bunch of sectoid wannabes and go home.
Huh, thats odd, I'm on the surface.  Oh well, same old alien shooty shooty.
Huh, thats not an aquatoid.
Huh, that thing takes alot to kill.
Huh, my autocannon is not working.
Oh god everyone is out of ammo!  GET TO DA CHOPPA SUB!
Second terror mission.  I'm properly armed for a surface mission now, this should go alot better.  And it's on a boat!
Oh god it's a dinosaur!  And it won't die!  GET BACK IN DA SUB!
OH GOD IT'S IN THE SUB! *everyone dies.*
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 06, 2010, 08:27:34 am »

name:bloodsheder

equipment:plasma weaponry, psi crusher

stats: high accuracy, low endurance, high intelligence, high psi ability

details: trained in psi combat and skilled in biochemistry.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:03 am »

name:bloodsheder

equipment:plasma weaponry, psi crusher

stats: high accuracy, low endurance, high intelligence, high psi ability

details: trained in psi combat and skilled in biochemistry.

Ok so I can't pre-screen recruits for psi powers. there is two options: I can pick someone who meets all your other criteria or I can wait until I start training redshirts for psi then pick you a character that matches your other requests.

I believe psi-strength (preset amount) only affects deference from other psi attacks while psi training (improvable amount) is what actually affects your ability to attack.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:08 am »

well high psi abiity should be more in a overall rating for psi considering there was 3 attributes to psi: energy, attack, and defense but yes i can wait until you have my stats.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 06, 2010, 12:41:17 pm »

well high psi abiity should be more in a overall rating for psi considering there was 3 attributes to psi: energy, attack, and defense but yes i can wait until you have my stats.

in x-com there are only two attributes: skill and strength. strength is a set value that is generated once the soldier arrives at base and can never change. skill increases through training at base and through use in the field.

It will be quite awhile before i can start screening red-shirts but i will add you to my waiting list.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 06, 2010, 07:56:50 pm »

xcom as the first? srry thinking about apocalypse, thats where i got my stats.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67