Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90820 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #660 on: April 27, 2010, 10:06:54 am »

I herd u nid pilotz :P

snip

Also: Do you have General Stores being build in the Europe/China bases? Unless you can keep ammunition/weapons for crafts in hangars...

For visual appearance: That kiddo from my avatar fits perfectly :3 The eyes...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Knew I forgot something important. However this does work in my favor. If I begin construction as soon as i'm out of battle then the stores will be ready on the 2nd/3rd and I will have saved a buck on monthly maintenance. Of course I will still need about 2-3 days after the sotres are built to stock them. crap. I hope the aliens take a short vacation for those couple of days... XD

Also, I will PM you the universal letter format. just a little thing we learned in college.

Ha! So my experience with TFTD was at last put to use, yaay~!

Also, don't make me actual soldier. I would need living rooms then, and I don't think that all that money from monthly maintenance is worth a soldier :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:08 am »

snip
snip

Ha! So my experience with TFTD was at last put to use, yaay~!

Also, don't make me actual soldier. I would need living rooms then, and I don't think that all that money from monthly maintenance is worth a soldier :P

I wil still build the living quarters because I will shortly be filling the listening posts with small ground teams. I hear aliens like to attack undefended bases.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 27, 2010, 10:45:54 am »

The letter of recommendation thingy (thx, cganya :3), spoilered for length :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I wrote something wrong or something, but meh xP
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:01:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:05 am »

The letter of recommendation thingy (thx, cganya :3), spoilered for length :P

I think I wrote something wrong or something, but meh xP

looks great but the code box doesn't wrap the text around like a spoiler would. Personal preference perhaps, its is not important.

Good I can line him up for the interceptor in Europe and if past activity is to be any indication, he'll be a very busy pilot.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:22 am »

looks great but the code box doesn't wrap the text around like a spoiler would. Personal preference perhaps, its is not important.

Good I can line him up for the interceptor in Europe and if past activity is to be any indication, he'll be a very busy pilot.

Fix'd the wrap-up issue :P
SigFlags!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:41 am »

Fix'd the wrap-up issue :P

perfect, looks much better now. I'm so glad I took that college course. Now to stop wasting time and hand out resumes to people who have not advertised any want of new employees!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 27, 2010, 02:31:04 pm »

Don't forget to hang out at bars and chat up people about employment who have never expressed any interest in you or hiring people in general.

Just don't work for a gang.  The mob has better benefits. :P

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 27, 2010, 02:46:03 pm »

Don't forget to hang out at bars and chat up people about employment who have never expressed any interest in you or hiring people in general.

Just don't work for a gang.  The mob has better benefits. :P

I don't drink and would just look more like a fool than I already do. Couple promising prospects today. One place "desperately needs someone like me but doesn't have the money" and another needed typists and were hiring through yes! employment, a local youth employment office. I have an agent there. That agent knows I am looking for office positions and did not forward this lead to me. my agent is worthless.

Had an interview, things went really well (I'm great at interviews :3). however I am a horrid typist >.< my WPM is about 36 at it's best. I need to send them my references and they'll give me a call to come back and take their tests. Time to install typing shark...

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 27, 2010, 11:40:35 pm »

Story post, spoilered for sheer size. Enjoy :3

please feel free to leave comments.

edit - dur, forgot the mission results.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:52:56 pm by cganya »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 28, 2010, 12:54:44 am »

Well, even if you did have to save scum the last part a few times it seems the mission went off pretty well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:58 am »

Any mission that ends in no deaths, especially with no armor, is a great success.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 28, 2010, 03:38:20 am »

Wow, nice! I remember my first base-raid, in TFTD.

It went... not so good ^^'
SigFlags!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 28, 2010, 04:31:08 am »

Great update.

I think Archangel's response to that explosion would be "How can I make it bigger?"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 28, 2010, 06:57:48 am »

I'm glad to see that the heavy cannons are kept in better nick than the grenades, I think that deflecting plasma bolts should be a mandatory test for weapons now given how effective it's been lately.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:03 am »

Well, even if you did have to save scum the last part a few times it seems the mission went off pretty well.

they were literally killing more than half the team when they shouldent have been able to (first shot punched a hole in the door of the central room, second would go through the hole and out a window to take out another group of soldiers quite far from the area.

Wow, nice! I remember my first base-raid, in TFTD.

It went... not so good ^^'

TFTD is generally much harder (the weapons you get are less effective and have limited ammo). I also went slowly and was very lucky. Tamunshin, Roll Fizzlebeef, Mehmed and Hugh Mann could have all easily died on this mission, not to mention Cerapa who should have died, taking two plasma bolts at point blank range and living is pretty impressive.

Any mission that ends in no deaths, especially with no armor, is a great success.

I think it is because the target was floaters. I once had a game where all I was fighting was floaters. on the second month I discovered a base. All I had was conventional weapons and maybe laser pistols. Figured a floater base would be easy right? It was a muton base. like wtf?!

Great update.

I think Archangel's response to that explosion would be "How can I make it bigger?"

There was about 10 explosions including the high explosive, the only way to make it bigger would be if the explosions affected the Z-axis and set off the explosive devices next to Archangel himself.

I'm glad to see that the heavy cannons are kept in better nick than the grenades, I think that deflecting plasma bolts should be a mandatory test for weapons now given how effective it's been lately.

I don't know what happened with that both Tamunshin seems to get a free hit (I swear I'm not doing it on purpose) each mission. Also the proximity grenades seem to be glitched in my game. At first I thought it was the save/reload bug (had to do the mission in two separate sittings) but then I saved after throwing the proximity grenade into the command center and waited about 5 turns. I got fed up, had a soldier run up there and pick up the grenade without it exploding. I had not loaded so it is not that bug specifically.

I think I'm just going to drop the base's stock of proximity grenades as they appear to be no more than fancy paperweights.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67