Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90879 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #630 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:18 pm »

We need stun bombs. That is all.

I need scissors! 61!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 22, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »

I don't suppose that smoke would stop a blaster bomb...

Hey, doesn't prolonged exposure to smoke have a stunning effect?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 22, 2010, 09:49:55 pm »

Only for lightly-armored humies.  Aliens don't suffer from smoke inhalation (except while under mind control, I believe.  Same way they don't get fatal wounds like us pinkies).

And in any case, it only deals about 1-3 stun damage a turn.  You'd be waiting for a while.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:31 pm »

I don't suppose that smoke would stop a blaster bomb...

Hey, doesn't prolonged exposure to smoke have a stunning effect?

as Kagus says. The only time it really becomes a problem if with rookies that have low max health or if a soldier takes a shot and survives. Most soldiers can outlast the smoke screen of a smoke grenade without going unconscious and stun damage has no effect on any aspect of the game save knocking something unconscious.

I would like to have a player take on a "doctor" character. The back-story is partly done for them: We have been sending our wounded to the same hospital and the same world class doctor has been taking care of them. He/She is becoming suspicious of the patients she is receiving as they all have similar wounds and have the same uniform. He/She manages to contact X-Com and demands to be let into the light in order to better treat the wounded.

Also, 93 pictures for this next update. Might take awhile.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 22, 2010, 10:52:16 pm »

As I waited for the clean up crew to arrive I listened in on Jack, and the ground team's progress. He had redirected the Skyranger to the far south of Africa.

Once the clean up crew arrived we packed up into the Interceptor and headed home for some rest. The Skyranger, while slow in comparison to the speedy Interceptors was a real camel when it came to fuel. It was truely a marvel of human areospace technology. It arrived seven hours later to it's patrol destination.

I felt sorry for the poor soldiers stuck in the back of that thing. I would later suggest to increase the passenger comfort in future designs. After only 20 minutes of searching the area they found something odd. While I was not conscious at the time, I had received a full record of the events.

In the command center back at base the radar technician peers closely to his screen. He brings up a satellite image of Windhoek, The capital city of Namibia, and it's surrounding area. "Lieutenant commander, I think they found something. Look at this ping on the radar and this image I'm sending you." He sounded confused as he transferred the satellite image over.

"It's just desert, What am I looking at?" Jack had replied as he switched between the image and the radar display. On the radar display was a significant blip, the size of building in the middle of the flat, arid grasslands where the image displayed nothing but flat land.

"A ping that size in a plain is unheard of, maybe a huge rock or cliff face but the image does not show anything like that. I suggest we update this picture, I don't think that is what is there anymore." He explained as he brought up outdated images of the area.

"Can we get an updated picture of that area?" Jack asked, looking around.

"Let me make a phone call, What are the coordinates lieutenant commander? The radar tech's assistant asked.

"22:00 S, 17:00 E." Replied Jack.

A few minutes passed while the assistant called out. Using X-Com clearance she was able to have the most recent satellite image of the area sent to the command center.

"As I thought lieutenant commander. There's a new structure here. Have a look." The radar tech sends the new image over to Jack.

Jack brings up the new image. "That's not of any design I recognize. Skyranger pilot, I want you to investigate this structure."

Within the hour the Skyranger arrived on the scene. The images it sent to base described a strange windowless structure that appeared to be made of the same material the alien's UFO's had been made of.

"Ground team, you get to stretch your legs tonight. I want you to assault that structure and figure out whats going on. If it is of alien origin I want you to clear and secure the structure. If such a task is impossible I want it destroyed. Good luck!" Jack began to set the coordinates for the Skyranger's pilot and began making notes for his report to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is out of the way, time to write up the mission.

... tomorrow. I'm quite tired tonight for some reason. Must be the stress of RL issues. I'll post in the sad thread if your interested.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2010, 12:13:44 pm »

I would like to have a player take on a "doctor" character.

To:  asnow@x-com.com

Attch:  <Ref-let-knick-final

RE:  Medical Services

Commander Snow:

I would like to present my services as a medical professional for the good of X-com.  While I am not an accredited doctor, I have a basic medical training, acquired during my time at REDACTED Healthcare Corporation.  I have a special talent for the administration of heathcare services.  As you can see by the attached reference letter from REDACTED Healthcare Corporation, during my twelve months of work, I more than doubled the output of policy memos, and caused a complete re-evalutation of the insurance provisions for REDACTED Healthcare Corporation.

While I am not permitted to serve as a medical officer, or medical Doctor, or a nurse practitioner, I would be pleased to place my knowledge and skills for any qualified Medical Officer you should see fit to hire.

Yours very truly,

Dr. Fin Knick
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 23, 2010, 12:21:28 pm »

I would like to have a player take on a "doctor" character.

To:  asnow@x-com.com

Attch:  <Ref-let-knick-final

RE:  Medical Services

Commander Snow:

I would like to present my services as a medical professional for the good of X-com.  While I am not an accredited doctor, I have a basic medical training, acquired during my time at REDACTED Healthcare Corporation.  I have a special talent for the administration of heathcare services.  As you can see by the attached reference letter from REDACTED Healthcare Corporation, during my twelve months of work, I more than doubled the output of policy memos, and caused a complete re-evalutation of the insurance provisions for REDACTED Healthcare Corporation.

While I am not permitted to serve as a medical officer, or medical Doctor, or a nurse practitioner, I would be pleased to place my knowledge and skills for any qualified Medical Officer you should see fit to hire.

Yours very truly,

Dr. Fin Knick

Sounds good. I'll keep this link in mind for when we get a doctor. thanks ^.^

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:48 pm »

Bump.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »

Bump.

I am alive. I had a rough couple of days due to not getting out as much as I had been used to, having trouble finding work and general ongoing, unsolved problems. I took a bit of time off to blow some steam on MW2 and I started up on the next post last night. I plan to continue writing a bit more tonight after I subdue my "replies to your posts" list.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:54 pm »

Oh. Well, I hope your real life problems get well soon!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 25, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »

Oh. Well, I hope your real life problems get well soon!

not likely, they have been going on for 10~ years and show no progress what-so-ever. But I can't let that get me down, I have work to do and a family to support.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 25, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »

I hope it at least smoothes out then.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:16 pm »

Just posting to say i have enjoyed this let's play so far,and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »

Fun fact, this LP has the second most replies in the entire Play With Your Buddies subforum, just behind an old Sims 2 LP.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:43 pm »

Fun fact, this LP has the second most replies in the entire Play With Your Buddies subforum, just behind an old Sims 2 LP.

I noticed that as well but if you cut out all the times I double posted, its slightly less impressive. However I enjoy the discussion between story posts and when done the LP I will forge the story posts into a full word document and make it available for everyone.

Just posting to say i have enjoyed this let's play so far,and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for reading, it has been a lot of fun to create and I'm proud of it. Feel free to jump in and create a character if you want ^.^
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67