Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90932 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #585 on: April 17, 2010, 12:02:18 am »

Can I see Darkwind's stats?

Darkwind has really good all around stats with some really high accuracy, strength, reactions and health. could use more TU and stamina though.

Also my cold is really making me light headed so i will wait for this to pass before continuing the game. sorry for the delay folks. I will get back to it when I'm feeling a bit better though.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 17, 2010, 12:17:12 am »

Get well soon!

It might be nice to get an update on all the named characters stats sometime soon, if you have them on one of your spreadsheets you might not have to bother with imagehosting...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zilvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2010, 03:05:10 am »

perfect time to have people with toons to do there chat logs and that

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2010, 04:38:24 am »

Sorry, not coming up with anything. *sighs* I really am pathetic at roleplaying...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:17 am »

Yeah, good all around. Some more reactions would be nice, too, since I find that soldiers with less than 50 tend not to be as reliable about getting shots off before the aliens. Still, great sniper stats. And the high bravery is perfect for an officer. Hopefully she has decent Psi as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zilvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2010, 01:21:52 pm »

it okies ram if youu want do what i do react to what you see think of your self in that situation and your back at base and having to reacount what happened i basicly do that , what did i do and what happened

frig i want to kick them in the bottom and so on or something else think of what your toon had happened you probly want to kick alien ass to comment on how your part in the mission went or what you thought of other toons in how they react to you,  what do you do off hours and so on, roleplaying is a play on what you see and what you react to, you can also do the  create possiblities in to a roleplay but making something up but in this case i would say the first 2 parts would work for you in this

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2010, 01:26:15 pm »

Sorry, not coming up with anything. *sighs* I really am pathetic at roleplaying...

note: been getting lots of nginx or such errors around here.

your not pathetic at role playing, your post about training and apprehension about you and your fellow soldiers ground safety was a very good post. try thinking outside the box, there are many people at the base who we haven't put a name on yet. form a relationship with one or something.

I think posting all the named character's stats is something I can do. doesn't require much brain power (of which I am lacking due to this damned cold). I'm surprised Tamunshin received so little stat increases after two kills (4 hits)

I will post the stats later as I'm needed elsewhere for now. When I get a little bit of free time I'll whip it up.

--------------------------------

Name                 Mr. Apple
Rank                 Sergeant
Armor                 none
Missions              6
Kills                 6
TU's                 65
Stamina         46
Health         35
Bravery         60
Reactions              53
Firing Accuracy      59
Throwing Accuracy   80
Strength              41

Name                 Cerapa
Missions              5
Kills                 4
TU's                 59
Stamina         64
Health         44
Bravery         60
Reactions              44
Firing Accuracy      66
Throwing Accuracy   70
Strength              46

Name                 Tamunshin
Rank                 Squaddie
Missions              1
Kills                 2
TU's                 59
Stamina         62
Health         38
Bravery         60
Reactions              60
Firing Accuracy      56
Throwing Accuracy   57
Strength              35

Name                 Hugh Mann
Missions              6
Kills                 6
TU's                 65
Stamina         58
Health         36
Bravery         40
Firing Accuracy      57
Throwing Accuracy   82
Strength              43

Name                 RAM 1
Missions              5
Kills                 2
TU's                 62
Stamina         53
Health         41
Bravery         50
Reactions              48
Firing Accuracy      63
Throwing Accuracy   71
Strength              42

Name                 Dash Gunmetal
Missions              6
Kills                 1
TU's                 66
Stamina         64
Health         44
Bravery         10
Firing Accuracy      60
Throwing Accuracy   76
Strength              35

Name                 Shu Bei
Rank                 Rookie
Missions              1
Kills                 0
TU's                 53
Stamina         53
Health         26
Bravery         20
Reactions              30
Firing Accuracy      41
Throwing Accuracy   66
Strength              28

Name                 Anya Snow
Missions              1
Kills                 1
TU's                 55
Stamina         54
Health         33
Bravery         30
Reactions              34
Firing Accuracy      42
Throwing Accuracy   75
Strength              33

Name                 Archangel
Missions              5
Kills                 3
TU's                 63
Stamina         59
Health         48
Bravery         40
Reactions              43
Firing Accuracy      54
Throwing Accuracy   79
Strength              40

Name                 Ashley Smith
Missions              5
Kills                 1
TU's                 62
Stamina         62
Health         38
Bravery         60
Reactions              58
Firing Accuracy      70
Throwing Accuracy   70
Strength              42

Name                 Roll Fizzlebeef
Missions              5
Kills                 4
TU's                 61
Stamina         61
Health         36
Bravery         20
Reactions              52
Firing Accuracy      75
Throwing Accuracy   59
Strength              44

Name                 Argatson
Missions              5
Kills                 4
TU's                 61
Stamina         63
Health         34
Bravery         30
Reactions              50
Firing Accuracy      63
Throwing Accuracy   59
Strength              47

Name                 Darkwind
Rank                 Captain
Missions              6
Kills                 6
TU's                 57
Stamina         62
Health         47
Bravery         60
Reactions              48
Firing Accuracy      72
Throwing Accuracy   79
Strength              48

Name                 Sarah Newman
Missions              5
Kills                 3
TU's                 63
Stamina         65
Health         39
Bravery         50
Reactions              33
Firing Accuracy      73
Throwing Accuracy   73
Strength              40

Name                 Zilvara
Missions              0
Kills                 0
TU's                 50
Stamina         47
Health         33
Bravery         10
Firing Accuracy      63
Throwing Accuracy   72
Strength              31

Name                 Mac
Missions              1
Kills                 1
TU's                 55
Stamina         55
Health         40
Bravery         60
Reactions              32
Firing Accuracy      53
Throwing Accuracy   54
Strength              30

Name                 Manny
Missions              0
Kills                 0
TU's                 53
Stamina         49
Health         33
Bravery         60
Reactions              38
Firing Accuracy      45
Throwing Accuracy   69
Strength              37

Name                 Shigeo Okabe
Missions              1
Kills                 0
TU's                 58
Stamina         64
Health         34
Bravery         40
Firing Accuracy      69
Throwing Accuracy   53
Strength              26

Name                 Mehmed
Missions              1
Kills                 2
TU's                 58
Stamina         50
Health         42
Bravery         50
Reactions              52
Firing Accuracy      65
Throwing Accuracy   55
Strength              29

--------------------------

it takes quite a lot of effort to line up text in the forum reply screen. in the future i'll be doing this via screen shots, much easier and quicker.

good god i hope this gets through without a damn nginx error >.<
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:20 pm »

Yeah, good all around. Some more reactions would be nice, too, since I find that soldiers with less than 50 tend not to be as reliable about getting shots off before the aliens. Still, great sniper stats. And the high bravery is perfect for an officer. Hopefully she has decent Psi as well.

I think just being an officer grants the soldier a bravery boost.  At least, bravery is generally less important for officers anyways, as they do not need to roll bravery when higher-ranking people die (at least your captain will not).

I'd like Urist McGyver to be given a character sometime.  Think dwarf.  Slow, strong, and brave come to mind.  Some stamina, low reaction.  Decent accuracy simply because he made all the currently-used lasers.

As for Urist McGyver's backstory, I'd imagine he does most of the quality assurance testing of finished equipment (AKA he shoots every laser they produce).

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 18, 2010, 09:59:09 am »

I think just being an officer grants the soldier a bravery boost.  At least, bravery is generally less important for officers anyways, as they do not need to roll bravery when higher-ranking people die (at least your captain will not).

I'd like Urist McGyver to be given a character sometime.  Think dwarf.  Slow, strong, and brave come to mind.  Some stamina, low reaction.  Decent accuracy simply because he made all the currently-used lasers.

As for Urist McGyver's backstory, I'd imagine he does most of the quality assurance testing of finished equipment (AKA he shoots every laser they produce).

sounds good, I'll put him in the queue for the next batch which will be hired soonTM.

I'll make note that reactions is not only used to determine if your soldier gets to fire at an alien on it's turn but also if an alien gets to fire on them in their turn. breachers and close quarters requires high reactions while those expecting to stay out of the alien's sight range (20 tiles) don't need reactions at all.

the way reactions works is it adds your reactions and time units together and puts each character in a sort of queue. as you move a soldier around it spends time units and will bump the soldier down the queue gradually. If the soldier meets a couple requirements (is in alien's line of sight and preforms a specific action such as moving, crouching/standing or firing) and is lower in the queue than the alien in question, they will be fired on.

aliens tend to start with higher than new recruit stats but experienced soldiers soon contend with them on equal footing. as reactions is hard to improve without first having decent reactions, some soldiers are destined to be long range combatants.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 18, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »

Yeah, long range units don't need reactions quite as much. But snipers that are covering for close units can still benefit, since they can get shots off before the aliens fire on the close units.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 18, 2010, 02:17:33 pm »

also, i forgot to mention that rank is almost entirely cosmetic. going up in rank gives no stat benefit. what rank does is affect team moral in the battlefield. If a rookie dies then unless the rest of the team is comprised of rookies, there is a minor moral hit for the team. If say a captain dies and the rest of the team is made up of rookies, squaddies and sergeants then the rookies will freak out, the squaddies will be a bit better off and the sergeants will be the least affected.

in the wiki, high ranked soldiers are considered "cheer leaders" as if you have one in a mission and keep it safe in the drop-ship, your team's moral suffers very little from soldier death.

its an interesting mechanic but I will not use it in my play through. I don't think it makes much sense story wise, better that the ranked soldiers stick to safe-ish positions and continue to fight the good fight.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:17 pm »

next mission complete. 37 turns but it's done. I think it went well. I wont spoil anything but it shouldn't be too long of a post as most of the turns were done carefully moving around.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2010, 03:27:09 pm »

Intelligence Report Re: Shu Bei
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »

I finished looking over the mission report and sent a message to Jack Bladestar congratulating him on a successful mission. I then opened a message from Manny pointing out, in a colorful way, that we were running low on some of the equipment we use. He mentioned how lack of ammunition for our new fangeled laser weapons has made me lazy. I would have had stern words with him two months ago for something like this but one learns to give up on such people. As long as he did his job, I couldn't complain about his attitude. We have never had a weapon misfire or jam and every piece of equipment was polished and fully serviced. Manny may be annoying, but he's the best equipment master the world has to offer.

I submitted an order form to Auraluna that included a fair amount of avalanche missiles, Interceptor cannon rounds and some of the special equipments we use. I also added in a couple new soldier recruits to the list. She quickly processed the form and sent it out. I had the rest of the day to work on my impending meeting with the funding nations' representatives.

Late in the day, A medium UFO was detected on the ground in souther Spain.

The UFO was north west of a city called Seville.

I decided to send the Skyranger along with my second Interceptor to take it out.

RAM 1 and Cerapa would take on this mission. RAM 1 took Dash Gunmetal, Roll Fizzlebeef, Shigeo Okabe and Hugh Mann as a breach team while Cerapa took Tamunshin, Archangel, Shu Bei and Mehmed as an over-watch team.

As the Interceptor and Skyranger made their way to the Atlantic ocean, we detected another UFO, this time it was larger and traveling south west at 2560kt/h.

The large UFO was flying over the remote areas of Kazakhstan.

I watched the large UFO carefully and noticed it was heading towards South Africa, avoiding any major cities along the way. What was it going to do there? I wondered if it was returning from some sort of mission to a forward base or perhaps setting one up. I would have to have the matter looked into when we had more aircraft available. I decided to focus on the medium sized UFO at the time.

I kept a side screen focused on the large UFO however and watched as it headed straight for South Africa. We lost radar tracking of the craft around Central Africa.

The Interceptor arrived on scene above the grounded medium UFO and began to patrol but it was running low on fuel already. I ordered him to patrol as long as he could in case the UFO took off.

The Skyranger however had not even reached the Atlantic ocean yet.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes as I asked anyone for an estimate on their arrival time.

After an hour, Jack Bladestar came into the command center to relieve me of duty so I could get some rest. I wanted to stay despite my growing weariness. Before he could object though, the radar technician interrupted. "Commander, we detected another UFO on the ground."

"This time it's in Bulgaria near a city called Sofia."

"We don't have another drop-ship, do we commander?" Jack thought out loud.

"No we don't lieutenant commander. But I have an idea." I responded, my weariness replaced with a sudden burst of energy.

"Oh no you don't commander, you're assistant has been on my case to make sure I do my job and get you into bed." He replied with a wag of his finger.

"Oh I'll go to sleep on the way there lieutenant commander, you take command and make sure I get there. I'll be on-board Mac's Interceptor, we're hunting aliens today." I replied with a smirk.

I quickly left the room before anyone could stop me from my decision and personally got a team together. I would, with the help of Darkwind, lead a small team and take the UFO. There was a very limited number of soldiers to choose from but I was confident that between myself and Darkwind, we could handle it. We roused Mr. Apple, Argatson and Sarah Newman and met up with Mac in the hanger. Manny greeted us with our load-outs and gave me kind parting words along the line of "What kind of moronic commander follows her soldiers into battle?".

Jack Bladestar took his post at command and surveyed the situation. The Interceptor patrolling the first medium UFO was forced to return to base because of it's fuel supplies dwindling. The medium UFO remained on the ground without anyone being able to thwart their schemes.

Shortly after at 7:30am they both took off at the same time.

Jack Bladestar stroked his chin in deep though, he could see that Mac's Interceptor was close enough that it might be able to take the closer UFO down. He ordered Mac to target the closer UFO.

Mac caught up to the UFO over the United Kingdoms and began following it across the English Channel. The Skyranger lagged behind, They were amazingly slow compared to the Interceptors.

Mac warned us of impending turbulence as he pushed the Interceptor to it's max speed to intercept the UFO as we crossed into France.

Mac began unloading round after round of his heavy cannon shells into the UFO, dodging and weaving through it's return fire. The dogfight was long however and the UFO managed to land a few hits itself. Mac stuck to his guns however and the UFO soon fell to the earth in an ungraceful descent.

Mac followed the wildly spinning craft as it fell and hovered over it's crash site for a moment before landing nearby. It was time to take and recover this UFO.

TO BE CONTINUED!
----------------

Hope you guys enjoy the post. Thank you Sluissa for your great post, keep up the good work. Next post will be the ground mission. ^.^

edit - whoops, duplicate picture where I didn't mean to put one in.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:39:59 pm by cganya »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:58 pm »

Looking forward to it!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67