Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 91012 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2010, 10:32:46 pm »

spoilered for length, its annoying to have to scroll past it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:24:59 am by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 05, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »

Thanks for the update, it was great!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 05, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »

Thanks for the update, it was great!

It was a long post, I was worried I would lose focus or change tenses at some point during the writing as it took 3 writing sessions to finish. expect to see some new faces in the next update. assuming the we go three days without a mission.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 05, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »

That was incredibly well written, especially the part about my newly warped face.

I suppose that after a Stunner and a Dakka, I need something new.

A sniper named Shigeo Okabe, please. He comes from an alternate reality where humans and aliens invade each others bases twice weekly. Also, in that universe, he stands out for being the only soldier I've ever had with over 100 in a stat - 127 in firing accuracy.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 05, 2010, 11:51:05 pm »

29 days of hospital? Can't post much of an update now though, seeing as I'm at a library and all. Will put something up tommorrow.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:41 am »

That was incredibly well written, especially the part about my newly warped face.

I suppose that after a Stunner and a Dakka, I need something new.

A sniper named Shigeo Okabe, please. He comes from an alternate reality where humans and aliens invade each others bases twice weekly. Also, in that universe, he stands out for being the only soldier I've ever had with over 100 in a stat - 127 in firing accuracy.

well i cant pick your starting stats but i can prioritize firing accuracy for you. the max starting firing accuracy is 70 (which darkwind was lucky enough to get)

chaoticag - 29 days must mean that the doctors are furiously working towards not having to amputate your arm. but yeah, ashley is gonna be out of the picture for awhile. I'll see what I can do to keep her involved in the story while she is resting.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2010, 03:43:14 am »

Holy shit Archangel's awesome! Must be the beard. What do his stats look like now?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:53 am »

Holy shit Archangel's awesome! Must be the beard. What do his stats look like now?

they look like this:

all around good, nothing low

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2010, 09:29:03 am »

Ouch, painful mission!

Still, I'm impressed with how much damage your tanks can take before going out. Mine always seem to get fragged after a hit or two. Which is why I mostly use people. Cheaper to replace and four guys can dish out more firepower then an HWP. If my tanks could actually take a few hits I might use them more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »

my tanks can take so much damage because of the improved tanks thing. they seem to be immune to all but critical hits from plasma pistols. really a solid chunk of metal shouldn't be so fragile. it still gets taken out by a heavy plasma or cyber disc in 1-2 shots

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2010, 03:02:59 pm »

I know hovertanks have always been immune to plasma pistol shots.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2010, 03:06:08 pm »

My characters are always the first to go...
Great post, I will keep on reading, also can I have a anther red shirt? After you get the Psi-lab built and know people's psi stats, I would like the person with the lowest in psi strength (therefor the most likely to get mind controlled). Give him no weapons, except High explosive packs, to take on floating disks.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 06, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »

My characters are always the first to go...
Great post, I will keep on reading, also can I have a anther red shirt? After you get the Psi-lab built and know people's psi stats, I would like the person with the lowest in psi strength (therefor the most likely to get mind controlled). Give him no weapons, except High explosive packs, to take on floating disks.

again I'd love to give people exactly what they want but i cannot in this case. it takes a 1 month period to discern a soldier's psi strength so you get what you get, unless we have ample red-shirts in the future and you don't mind being a face that came from the crowd. that's not the case. I'll see what i can do though.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 06, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »

Manny needs a tank.  Not a tank he drives, just a tank he thinks is his own.  For character.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:04 am »

Manny needs a tank.  Not a tank he drives, just a tank he thinks is his own.  For character.

lets see how the end month meeting goes before we work on that one.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67