Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 91013 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #435 on: March 28, 2010, 02:23:10 pm »

I tend to see floaters even late game. Especially in scouts. Oddly, sectoids seem to just vanish for me at some point.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 28, 2010, 03:11:21 pm »

For me, there are usually a few Sectoid missions in the early months. All small ships or terror missions. Then floaters begin to take over. They last for a few months. Snakemen appear after that, and usually around the same time or soon afterwards I begin to see Mutons. The snakemen and the Mutons tend to run missions at the same time. After that it gets a bit more random. The sectoids USUALLY show up again at some point, in bigger ships than the beginning. And Etherials pop in sometime soon after Mutons show up.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 28, 2010, 04:33:28 pm »

Spoiler: Ashely's log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 04:35:06 pm by chaoticag »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »

interesting development! a mission popped up while the Skyranger is returning to on the other side of the world. its super important that we don't let this mission go by (terror).

now one of the things x-com utility does is make all aircraft capable of carrying soldiers. interceptors can carry 6 soldiers (oh boy! that's exactly how many we have left at base!)

however, that's not what was allowed in vanilla x-com. shall we take advantage of this expanded use of an Interceptor and be heroes of the day or shall we sit on our hands and hope the Skyranger can fully refuel in time to make it to the terror site? (probably wont happen)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

I vote for the interceptor crew to take it on. Not only does it make sense, but we also need to handle more threats to make the funding nations stop yelling.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2010, 09:32:43 pm »

I vote for the interceptor crew to take it on. Not only does it make sense, but we also need to handle more threats to make the funding nations stop yelling.

i'm all for appeasing the funding nations of frowns but how do you fit 6 people plus a pilot in a jet fighter?

the only thing I can think of is that they are over-sized jet fighters with over-sized armaments. so gutting an interceptor of it's weapons would leave room for a very uncomfortable (but fast) flight.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »

I know the interceptors are supposed to be based off of(or built from) a Japanese design, but perhaps they took a look at the Russian book of aircraft design, specifically their Mi-24 "Hind" Helicopter. It was designed as both a helicopter gunship and a low capacity troop carrier. While some people argue that this made it unsuited to either task, the fact is that it was created over 40 years ago and is still in use by Russia, as well as a number of other countries around the world to this day.

The Hind could squeeze in 8 people and still have a decent load of armaments. I don't think it's out of the question for a slightly sci-fi aircraft to carry 6 as well as a few missile and/or a gun.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2010, 10:23:21 pm »

I know the interceptors are supposed to be based off of(or built from) a Japanese design, but perhaps they took a look at the Russian book of aircraft design, specifically their Mi-24 "Hind" Helicopter. It was designed as both a helicopter gunship and a low capacity troop carrier. While some people argue that this made it unsuited to either task, the fact is that it was created over 40 years ago and is still in use by Russia, as well as a number of other countries around the world to this day.

The Hind could squeeze in 8 people and still have a decent load of armaments. I don't think it's out of the question for a slightly sci-fi aircraft to carry 6 as well as a few missile and/or a gun.

looking at that, I agree with you. I'll leave it up for discussion for now though as I work on my behind the scenes "This is how I do things" post

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2010, 11:22:30 pm »

I'm ok with it. It's a hi-tech fighter, no telling what capabilities they put on it. Plus, only 6 soldiers on a terror mission makes for a very difficult mission.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:36 pm »

I'm ok with it. It's a hi-tech fighter, no telling what capabilities they put on it. Plus, only 6 soldiers on a terror mission makes for a very difficult mission.

but i have lasers!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »

That makes it a bit more doable, but not necessarily easy.
Come play Mafia with us!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2010, 11:42:52 pm »

I wonder what race it will be. I wont know till at least tomorrow though. I have to use my night time to write or my progress is really slow. I love my wife and find myself too delightfully distracted to write while she is awake.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2010, 11:46:51 pm »

Let's hope floaters. Might stand a decent chance then.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 28, 2010, 11:52:49 pm »

Let's hope floaters. Might stand a decent chance then.

yeah would hate to have to fight cyber discs or cyrsilids with a 6 man crew that includes the base commander. this is going to be fun fun.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 29, 2010, 12:21:46 am »

Just don't forget that retreat is an option. I forgot that for the longest time, and still forget it occasionally.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67