Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90936 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:06 pm »

DON'T SELL THE FUNNY ALIEN METAL THINGIES.
Aye. They'd be better used making weapons to sell, at the very least. Elerium 115 is the most precious of all resources.
The metal thingies would be the alloys.  Which actually aren't profitable to manufacture and sell, by the the vanilla values.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2010, 08:33:09 pm »

DON'T SELL THE FUNNY ALIEN METAL THINGIES.
Aye. They'd be better used making weapons to sell, at the very least. Elerium 115 is the most precious of all resources.
The metal thingies would be the alloys.  Which actually aren't profitable to manufacture and sell, by the the vanilla values.

i sold a chunk (25% of 100 = 25 units) of alien alloys because at this stage i don't need ANY at all. personal armor requires 1 alloy each. the only time you need more than a handful of alloys is when you go to produce flying tanks or space ships. meanwhile you get a ton of them off anything larger than a large scout.

so for right now all they are doing is taking up space. there will be no shortage I'm sure
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »

You would be surprised.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2010, 02:00:00 am »

Eh, as long as you don't sell the Elerium we should be fine. But never, ever sell Elerium unless you will literally lose the game from debt by not doing so.

Elerium is too precious.

btw, I like the new Avatar!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2010, 08:15:27 am »

Eh, as long as you don't sell the Elerium we should be fine. But never, ever sell Elerium unless you will literally lose the game from debt by not doing so.

Elerium is too precious.

btw, I like the new Avatar!

ty, i'll have to post the full picture once we get into the different armors, the artist has a very good concept of what they would look like.

and of course i wont sell elerium. how else will we fuel, our dubiously effective but free from monthly rent, advanced craft
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 23, 2010, 09:52:42 am »

Speaking of Elerium, how big are our reserves? I never seem to be able to get enough.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:45 am »

Speaking of Elerium, how big are our reserves? I never seem to be able to get enough.

Currently sitting on 100 units. the stuff is quite large (10 units = 1 storage space, 50 storage spaces per facility) but more is always better

I wont be able to post quite as quickly as I'd like to. I need to focus on my last week of school and I'm getting prepared for the job market at home so my free time has been squeezed a bit. fear not for I have my notes and when I get some time to sit down and type, a post shall be forthcoming.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 23, 2010, 06:10:39 pm »

ty, i'll have to post the full picture once we get into the different armors, the artist has a very good concept of what they would look like.
Was the artist anyone on this or another forum?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 23, 2010, 06:58:43 pm »

Was the artist anyone on this or another forum?

it was done by drcloud - http://drcloud.deviantart.com/
he has a few more x-com pics if you look through his gallery

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53:42 pm »

Been awhile since I last checked on either X-COM LPs. Nice to see Hugh Mann is still alive (jinx).

I agree with anyone else, nice avatar change. I remember seeing that pic before. Well made stuff.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:44 pm »

RAM I looked into the eyes of the rest of the squad, they were ready, held up an open hand, and began counting down the fingers. 5, 4, 3, 2, the squad took a deep breath, the button was pressed, and the door rattled open. It was far too loud, and painfully slow, but there really wasn't any choice, the doors had no security and the walls were all but impossible to pierce. The rifleman stepped into the ship and scanned the first room, they gave the clear signal, then stepped to the side to cover the others. RAM I charged up to the first visible door and trained a gun on the opening. The grenadier followed and tossed a mine at the other door, before taking up a position opposite RAM I. They paused for an instant to catch their breath and their door opened up to let a large grey head into the room. The soldiers reacted quickly, piercing its forehead many times over and sending it to the ground. But then a second alien followed it, RAM I was taken off-guard and reacted too slowly. A thin beam emerged from an alien weapon and lit up RAM I's torso. RAM I slumped to the ground and looked about the room. The cardboard alien was promptly killed, the sound of mock grenades was heard from the next room, and shortly the all clear was declared.

The drill was declared a success, acceptable casualties and all that, and it was true enough, this war wasn't going to end without losses, the reports from the recent battles was sobering proof of that. Use more mines? Use more smoke? Wait for them? Charge in quick? No matter how many times they looked at it there was no easy way to clear these ships. The drills had done their part, the team knew their signals, they knew their weapons, and they were ready to use them. But drills could only go so far, RAM I felt death cheapening with every simulation, and these model aliens just didn't move right. Would the team be able to handle seeing their squadmates melting in front of them? RAM I was worried that they were getting too used to the simulations, and if they didn't see real combat soon they might not be ready for it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 23, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »

good post RAM, I'm sitting down now to do some typing, maybe I can post the terror mission tonight ^.^

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2010, 01:40:52 am »

OK, I tried to get it all done tonight but as it nears 2:40am, I have decided to turn in for the night. If my wife knew I was still up at this hour, there would be scolding x.x

The post is almost complete! I'd say about 85-90%

as a teaser I'll post the accolades for this battle :3 enjoy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:54 am »

Well, at least Darkwind is killing stuff even without an accuracy boost. Still lame that her most important stat isn't growing, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 24, 2010, 10:26:09 am »

Well, at least Darkwind is killing stuff even without an accuracy boost. Still lame that her most important stat isn't growing, though.

i know. I even checked and 70 is by far not the limit. She's just being stubborn i guess. interesting in that, that's how i picture her personality :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67