Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90874 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #270 on: March 14, 2010, 02:09:48 am »

i finished the mission and i have a teaser for you all :3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*evil laughter*
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2010, 02:11:45 am »

I bet it was a redshirt.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2010, 02:41:54 am »

I bet it was a redshirt.

there are no red shirts! dun dun DUNNNNN

ok sleep now before my wife realizes i stayed up till almost 4 am x.x
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2010, 08:55:12 am »

Some form of comedic literary convention demands that it's my clone.  I might be thinking of irony, I'm not sure.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2010, 07:38:22 pm »

Some form of comedic literary convention demands that it's my clone.  I might be thinking of irony, I'm not sure.

actually you couldn't be further from the truth of the matter :3

sorry about the long wait, decided to take a break for a night from my regular x-com lp and play some terror from the deep. I had planned to work on this at school but as fate would have it i forgot to bring my flash stick to school sooo....

I've been working through it tonight and hopefully it will be out sometime tonight.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »

Alarm bells rang in hanger one. Darkwind and Heridden Barbarossa made sure that their teams had their equipment ready to go. In a matter of minutes the team was assembled in the Skyranger and the heavy weapons platform was loaded in behind them. I used my command console to set the pilot's way-point.

Within the hour the drop ship arrived on scene. It was pitch black outside and the pilot noted that he couldn't see a thing on the ground.

Mario activated his remote tank and moved quietly out of the back of the drop-ship He turned on his headlights but was unable to find anything immediately around the drop ship. As he moves further away from the Skyranger the ground team hears a loud explosion!

"What was that?" I asked across the room to Mario.
"I don't know commander, It's not within my field of vision but I know it came from this direction..."

Meanwhile Spartan grabs his smoke grenade and tosses it out of the Skyranger to provide some cover for the team.

"Wait for the smoke to spread before heading out" Cautioned Spartan.

While the smoke spreads and the ground team moves out of the drop-ship into the protective smoke, Mario continues scouting ahead. "I think I found the source of the explosion..."

An alien lay motionless on the ground, it's weapons a few feet away from it. "I think it misfired it's weapon and took itself out. how lucky. I'll just finish checking out this side of the ufo before I swing around and check our flank." Mario mused as he scanned his field of view.

Meanwhile the two ground teams had moved out of the Skyranger and into the smoke screen.

They readied their flares and began throwing them into the darkened forest around them.
"I see one just outside my headlights, here are the coordinates..." Mario reported as he took a glance at his own coordinates. Quickly and efficiently he relayed the location of the hostile to the rest of the team.

"Mario. I want you to try something. Remember the part in your cross training about baiting? Show me what you learned..." I leaned forward and stroke my chin softly as I carefully watched his tank through multiple screens, the right forward Skyranger video feed as well as his own video feed array.

Mario caught the attention of the alien by moving closer then slowly withdrew from the alien, moving around the edge of the ufo. The alien cautiously followed, trying to get a clear shot on Mario.

A flare lands behind the alien, instantly illuminating it and the trees around it.

"Time to send another little gray man to hell." Growled Darkwind as she dropped her flare, kneeled and carefully placed a high caliber bullet into the mind of the confused alien.

Those around Darkwind had to stop for a moment and stare. It was as if she had been waiting for that moment all week, she had fired before anyone had even a chance to raise their weapon.
"You have to want it more than anything else." Was all she would say in response.

"OK guys, I'm checking the flank now, thank god for flares eh?" Mario smiled as he started up a grass covered hill. He was greeted at the top by several green blasts of fire coming from just out of his field of vision. "Taking fire!" He commented with surprise as he leaned closer to his screens.

Mario moves in closer, taking a couple direct hits but they thankfully deflected, spiraling off into the night sky. Once closer he activated his high beams and tried to disorient the alien. "I think I have him guys, go nuts!" He cheered as the little gray man lifted it's hand to try and block the light invading it's eyes.

The ground team, moves to create a firing line. Each soldier begins their deadly assault on the alien's location. Like a tidal wave of bullets the ground and trees splinter and fly into the air like fresh snow caught in the wind.

Upon viewing Mario's video feed in slow motion I saw in detail the result of the carnage. The alien had taken two bullets but still held it's ground. A third bullet connected in the little gray man's chest, blowing it's way through. The bullet was larger than a rifle round, it belonged, along with the kill, to Argatson.

"OK breach team, you're with me, let's move up while Mario makes his last sweep." Heridden commands his team. Moving forward through the darkness, guided by the odd brightly glowing flare, towards the grounded ufo.

"Ashley, check around behind the ufo and meet us at the entrance." Heridden spoke quietly as he motioned to the left side of the ufo.

Mario finished his sweep of the area and reported no additional aliens in the area. All that was left was the ufo itself.

Dash Gunmetal prepares a flare at the entrance of the ufo to illuminate the inside.

At Heridden's approval, he popped open the ufo's door and tossed the flare inside.

Meanwhile. Argatson yells out a warning as the alien corpse in-front he had just been looking at jumps up at him!

He quickly brought up his auto cannon...

and perforated the crafty alien with multiple armor piercing rounds.

Steve enters the ufo and spots an alien that had come out of the back room to investigate the noise.

He raises his pistol and efficiently drops the alien, taking cover as it falls to the floor.

"Got one. No more are visible, come on in and lets finish this place up." Steve reported through the radio. Heridden Barbarossa, Dash Gunmetal and Ashley Smith all enter into the ufo and take position, covering the two doors that lead into the front of the ufo.

Heridden moves up closer to the alien corpse to move it out of the way of the door. As he leans over the corpse the door opens. He and the little gray man on the other side of the threshold stare blankly at each other for a split second before Heridden reaches for his pistol. The little gray man pulls it's trigger, it's alien gun springs to life and green fire travels near instantly into Heridden's chest.

"CAPTAIN BARBAROSSA!" Yelled out Steve as he squeezes his trigger. He holds his rifle tightly in his hands as he forces it on target, filling the alien with holes.

"Get a medic in there now, man down!" I shouted as I brought up the captain's vitals. His heartbeat was rapid as he gasped for air.

Dash Gunmetal rushed forward past the alien to clear the front room while Steve followed up to Heridden. Heridden groaned loudly as his skin smoldered, the green fire was spreading along his skin and deeper into his chest. Steve pulled out his med kit and fumbled with the tools as he went over his basic medic training in his mind. "Hang in there captain!" He commanded sternly.

Ashley Smith took the left door and met Dash Gunmetal at the door to the engine room. They breached the room quickly but found no signs of any more aliens.

Heridden coughed deeply as the green burns pierced his lungs. His eyes grow wide as his vision goes blurry, the image of Steve yelling at him begins to mute as he struggles for air. And then there was nothing but the high pitched sound of captain Heridden Barbarossa's vitals going flat.

TO BE CONTINUED!
---------------------------
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Stats increases:

Spartan:
Throwing Accuracy + 2

Hugh Mann:
TU's + 3
Health + 1
Strength + 2

Dash Gunmetal:
Throwing Accuracy + 1

Archangel:
Stamina + 4
Health + 3

Ashley Smith:
Rank UP! - Sergeant
Throwing Accuracy + 2

Clone 1:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 2
TU's + 4
Stamina + 2
Reactions + 1
Firing Accuracy + 3

Argatson:
Kills + 2
Stamina + 3
Health + 1
Firing Accuracy + 2

Darkwind:
Rank UP! - Captain
Kills + 1
TU's + 3
Stamina + 1
Health + 3
--------------------------

hope it was worth the wait :3

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2010, 09:05:21 pm »

Son of a gun, I was the first in the UFO and didn't die.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

Unexpected indeed.

Captain Darkwind now, huh? Interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

Daaaaaaaang. I guess that I'll need a new dude.

Name: Gogandantess

Profession:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2010, 09:30:42 pm »

another auto cannon player eh?

I need to know from all players if they want to move up to laser weapons when they become available or not. would be interesting to have a mix of weapon types.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »

Darkwind certainly does. She'll probably stick with a laser rifle for the rest of the game, though. Possibly upgrading to Heavy Laser depending on what functionality if has with the mod you're using.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »

I'd like the heaviest dakka (autofire) weapon around. Heavy plasma being the ultimate.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »

Darkwind certainly does. She'll probably stick with a laser rifle for the rest of the game, though. Possibly upgrading to Heavy Laser depending on what functionality if has with the mod you're using.

heavy laser lacks auto-fire but has higher damage and higher accuracy but one part that makes them unpopular is that they cannot get in two aimed shots in one round like the rifle can.

its still a bad ass cannon that kills most anything it hits.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2010, 09:52:17 pm »

Hmmm, might upgrade later, but I guess we'll see what we need.
Come play Mafia with us!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2010, 03:10:24 am »

I need to know from all players if they want to move up to laser weapons when they become available or not. would be interesting to have a mix of weapon types.
Yeah, I'll switch.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67