Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90833 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2010, 03:42:30 am »

so is anyone going to reply to this?

The rest of the day goes by with little excitement. I decide to send an e-mail to the base personnel asking how we can reduce restlessness and increase moral, suggesting that we come up with game nights, parties and other pursuits.

I have some ideas kicking around in my head including something that will explain why all you professional soldiers had your shiny toys taken and replaced by these "god awful" weapons of the future.
Spoiler: Archangel's response (click to show/hide)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2010, 04:25:47 am »

Spoiler: Ashely Journal (click to show/hide)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2010, 04:36:35 am »

Spoiler: Archangel's journal (click to show/hide)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2010, 09:03:31 am »

Psycho aliens now? Hopefully Heyreddin can take one hostage for research.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2010, 12:11:37 pm »

I'll just put this here where everyone can see it...

Mr. Apple:
Kills + 3
TU's + 2
Stamina + 2
Health + 3
Firing Accuracy + 3
Strength + 5

Tamunshin:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 1
TU's + 3
Stamina + 2
Firing Accuracy + 3

Dash Gunmetal:
TU's + 2
Stamina + 3
Health + 1
Strength + 5

Archangel:
TU's + 1
Stamina + 5
Health + 3
Firing Accuracy + 1
Strength + 4

Ashley Smith:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 1
TU's + 4
Health + 5
Reactions + 1
Firing Accuracy + 1
Strength + 5

Roll Fizzlebeef:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 2
TU's + 1
Stamina + 4
Health + 4
Firing Accuracy + 5
Strength + 5

Argatson:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 1
TU's + 3
Stamina + 3
Firing Accuracy + 3
Throwing Accuracy + 1
Strength + 1

Darkwind:
Kills + 1
TU's + 3
Health + 2
Strength + 2

Sarah Newman:
Rank UP! - Squaddie
Kills + 1
TU's + 2
Stamina + 1
Health + 4
Firing Accuracy + 3
Strength + 5

special mission notes:

Mr. Apple managed to be fired at 7 times in close range by a floating disc without taking a shot. holy crap.
Anyone else noticed how almost everyone's strength went up by 4-5? am I really giving them that much stuff?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:13:48 pm by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:28 pm »

I'm really enjoying your writing so far. It's good and much more interesting then simple breakdowns of what happened would be. As for the commander being a Mary-sue...I wouldn't worry about it too much. So much is going to go wrong in a game of X-com that it's pretty much impossible for any character to come off as being perfect. And if you actually have a perfect game of X-com without major save-scumming...you deserve to come off looking perfect!  ;D

Darkwind's thoughts

Disappointing mission today. Only got to frag one alien. Need to do better, get more shots in. I've been able to keep my skills sharp, but I don't feel like I'm improving. Must practice harder.

Tamunshin's shot on the Chosen One bothers me. Do these aliens have some sort of mind control? Could I find myself shooting my squadmates? I think our mental discipline will be as important as anything else.

Also, random question, what are the current ranks? I know Barbarossa is captain, and I think Darkwind is a sargent. What is Archangel, since he took command of that mission?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2010, 01:09:42 pm »

I'm really enjoying your writing so far. It's good and much more interesting then simple breakdowns of what happened would be. As for the commander being a Mary-sue...I wouldn't worry about it too much. So much is going to go wrong in a game of X-com that it's pretty much impossible for any character to come off as being perfect. And if you actually have a perfect game of X-com without major save-scumming...you deserve to come off looking perfect!  ;D

Darkwind's thoughts

Disappointing mission today. Only got to frag one alien. Need to do better, get more shots in. I've been able to keep my skills sharp, but I don't feel like I'm improving. Must practice harder.

Tamunshin's shot on the Chosen One bothers me. Do these aliens have some sort of mind control? Could I find myself shooting my squadmates? I think our mental discipline will be as important as anything else.

Also, random question, what are the current ranks? I know Barbarossa is captain, and I think Darkwind is a sargent. What is Archangel, since he took command of that mission?

i will have to wait untill i get home before i fully answer that question but from memory: RAM 1, darkwind, Mr. apple and cerapa are sergeants.

I try to have commanding personalities lead as the situation demands. technically since I am in contact with the team during the mission, my say as commander goes.

This style comes from me being a plain old civilian in real life. I know from my short time working with the military that they take their ranks really seriously.

I can try to work that attitude into my future posts.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2010, 01:33:16 pm »

I'm considering taking that psychologist. Marcus is only 10 or 12 in this one, and I need the writing practice.

Would that be okay, Anya?

By the way, awesome update. It was a perfect intro to alien mind control stuff. :D

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2010, 02:01:48 pm »

I'm considering taking that psychologist. Marcus is only 10 or 12 in this one, and I need the writing practice.

Would that be okay, Anya?

By the way, awesome update. It was a perfect intro to alien mind control stuff. :D

Go for it. I'll add you to my notes when I get home and write you into my next post. try to send me messages through the base e-mail system or some such communication on your progress with Tamunshin and other future psi victims. take note that no one knows whats actually going on right now. feel free to PM me asking anything that will help you with your posts.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:48:10 pm by cganya »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2010, 03:02:28 pm »

Great. I'll get some intro stuff up tonight!

Edit: The Events of February 5th, 1999

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whew. That was fun.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:28:52 pm by rickvoid »

Zilvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2010, 04:03:06 am »

Huggles loving the story so far and have enjoyed all the comments and contrutions from others done it adds depth to this story nice to see something from a game one would play alone develop in to such a enjoyable group play able to create possiblities for others to play off of with a random factor of how the game turns thinks out so people have to alter what they would want to happen based on the said game in the background being played on.

anya i am glad you showed me your story and as talked of to you i will take that one slot you had open smiles

now let see if i can remeber right how i was going to present my self in to this

zilvara short petite researcher absentminded but focused on research - unusual pratices for develping technologies and testing pratices, enjoying unstable liquids and particles loves magic and wants to be able to make the modern man capable of such feats to protect the world throu the use of technologies found

hair long and flowing behind usualy a mess but tied up tightly together at the back so it hangs down behind her   , pda that glows where needed always near her  , glows cause it always on with alot of info

was thinking head or reseach if you want if not then a lab tech

likes to test stuff where ever and probly has tested things and startled alot of people when they find her down a long hallway against the rock bed that hasn't been build in to yet for the next part of the complex

edit how you want anya but i think that how we talked of it before ( just tring to give a nice background to it)

huggles to all can't wait to see what else comes of this story

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2010, 11:33:09 am »

Nice work, Rick!

This has the makings of an Epic Let's Play...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2010, 02:39:04 pm »

If your gonna be playing with a real command structure could I get myself a squad since im a sergeant? Since sergeants show up for every 5 soldiers. That would mean that exactly 2 squads could go on a skyranger with a HWP.

Im fairly certain the developers thought about this...

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2010, 02:58:59 pm »

If your gonna be playing with a real command structure could I get myself a squad since im a sergeant? Since sergeants show up for every 5 soldiers. That would mean that exactly 2 squads could go on a skyranger with a HWP.

Im fairly certain the developers thought about this...

I could try to do that. how do captains fall into this setup?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2010, 03:11:31 pm »

Command Squad:
1 Captain
1 Sargeant
3 Squadies/Rookies
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67