Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90899 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »

Do note that he WILL get himself killed if he tries that before plasma cannon.
I will back myself up with some google cache. 

acually that isnt such a bad setup against small ufos so i'll use him for that, is there a way to rename aircraft?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 07:37:37 pm »

Sticky notes on the monitor.

It seems to me that using cannons will allow small scouts more than enough time to escape, although the ultimate decision does rest with you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:44:49 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:54 pm »

Sticky notes on the monitor.

It seems to me that using cannons will allow small scouts more than enough time to escape, although the ultimate decision does rest with you.

ooc: the heavy cannon can get three snap shots off in one turn, an auto cannon can get 6 rounds off at half the accuracy. both weapons have their merits, that is why i am using both. i will continue to use both even when better tech become available.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:49 pm »

Cannons don't destroy ships, and lasers are cheap. Not really useful against large ships but then again nor are these tacky little fighters...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2010, 08:34:05 pm »

Cannons don't destroy ships, and lasers are cheap. Not really useful against large ships but then again nor are these tacky little fighters...

when we encounter a large ufo i think were going to suffer a "learning experience" with it. i hear every once in awhile about sending multiple interceptors at one ship. how does that work exactly?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 08:39:47 pm »

you give both interceptors the same target. that said, until you get better weapons, it's easier to just let the large UFOs land.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2010, 09:04:23 pm »

Are you playing Steam's XCOM? You may need to use resizing tags to fix the resolution; otherwise, if you're using a frontend, the options are right there.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »

Are you playing Steam's XCOM? You may need to use resizing tags to fix the resolution; otherwise, if you're using a frontend, the options are right there.

i'm using a version i found on pirate bay actually (i have bought each of these games twice already, never was able to get them to work properly/ easily) its just called x-com total pack and includes ufo and TFTD

edit: its larger on my screen than the screen shots, i couldn't play it at that size

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »

I assume most of us have around a 1024:768 - 1280:1024 (<-- Mine) resolution. That looks like a 320:200 resolution I think. Plus, you might just have a lower resolution screen like 800:600, or whatever laptops usually use; which can explain how it's larger on your screen.

It shouldn't be too hard to adjust the resolution then, since you're not using Steam to run it.

I don't mind the small pictures, at least the quality is still there. Plus, they don't get in the way of the story.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:23:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2010, 09:27:05 pm »

I assume most of us have around a 1024:768 - 1280:1024 (<-- Mine) resolution. That looks like a 320:200 resolution I think. Plus, you might just have a lower resolution screen like 800:600, or whatever laptops usually use; which can explain how it's larger on your screen.

It shouldn't be too hard to adjust the resolution then, since you're not using Steam to run it.

I don't mind the small pictures, at least the quality is still there. Plus, they don't get in the way of the story.

i actually use a decent size screen (1366 x 786) and the game takes up most of it (800 x 600 probably) but i think the program is saving the screen shots in their unfiltered form (320 x 200) if tat size screen shot is ok then i'll just keep using them.

just got through that second mission and its not so good... 3 or 4 deaths

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 09:32:03 pm »

As inventory manager, I demand that all heavy cannons be instantly sold, along with most of the pistols. Save a few for the rocket launcher guy.  (to clarify, all man portable weapons are stronger in every possible way compared to the tank mounted ones) purchase a rocket launcher and give it to your highest strength soldier.  Or don't, but I shan't cease shouting until you aquiesce to my request.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 09:40:48 pm »

You had better not sell my autocannon. It would be very... Inconvienient for you.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 09:52:18 pm »

Oh well, you can always printscreen copy-paste it.

BTW, don't go too willy-nilly on the selling of supplies. Leave a few just in case we need to make stunning aliens easier.

Pistols are like paintball guns compared to plasma and laser weapons. It shouldn't kill them immediately, and can make them easier to KO.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:34:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2010, 09:56:38 pm »

As inventory manager, I demand that all heavy cannons be instantly sold, along with most of the pistols. Save a few for the rocket launcher guy.  (to clarify, all man portable weapons are stronger in every possible way compared to the tank mounted ones) purchase a rocket launcher and give it to your highest strength soldier.  Or don't, but I shan't cease shouting until you aquiesce to my request.

you wont be in your position long if you keep telling me how to run my base.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 09:56:58 pm »

Do I LOOK like the type of guy that would sell an autocannon? I thought not.

Judging by how many rounds it took to take down those aliens, pistols just won't be cutting it soon enough. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 67