Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90791 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 06:37:55 pm »

i still need votes for where the first base will go and the first research project. i'm setting up my notes now for all your votes so i can tally them. i'm home now btw so i can respond quickly
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 07:07:11 pm »

ok so far i have 2 out of 8 votes for base location and 3 out of 8 votes for the research project

options include:

research: med kits, motion sensor, laser weapons
base location: US, Europe, Asia, somewhere else? keep in mind that japan and the US are the largest funders

once i get more votes i'll make my decision. should i put a time limit on votes?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 07:18:53 pm »

Base: US
Research: med kits

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 07:33:32 pm »

Base: US, simply because you're more likely to get your base invaded by the aliens in the first two months, which is always fun.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 08:14:57 pm »

Base: US, simply because you're more likely to get your base invaded by the aliens in the first two months, which is always fun.

would you like to take part? we still have 2 soldier spots available on the dropship, or you can take the role of a pilot/scientist/engineer ect.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 08:46:25 pm »

Name: The Chosen
Preferred weapons: 2 Pistols, change to one laser pistol when available but keep the other 2 pistols against enemies weak to those type of weapons, Stun Rod, motion sensor (for the giggles), a med kit and 4 grenades that explode when something walks on them (forgot what they are called).
Story: Chosen by a secret society to join X-Com and gain alien tech. He was chosen because he was the best of the best. Try to get him some high stats, mostly in strength, accretion, bravery, and action points. He slowly will try to get more people to join his cause and steal tech from X-Com. He considers Alien Tech dirty and will only touch it to steal, never using it in battle.

I'm cool with the the stuff added with the mod, and I think a base in Canada, more specific Vancouver to honor the Olympics and because no one ever makes a base in Canada  ;)

EDIT: I would not want him to be one of the starting 8, but more of a another soldier that got in X-Com through unknown ways and will replace the first guy to die.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:08:27 pm by DFNewb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 09:07:59 pm »

Ugh, I hate working long hours. I can't believe I missed this.

Anyway, I'll see what I can muster up:

name: Hugh Mann
favorite equipment: You know, human tech
character desc/blurb: Hugh Mann. Now that's a trustworthy name. Perfectly suitable to serve X-Com.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »

Name: Hayreddin Barbarossa
Equipment: FISTICUFFS!
Description: Likes to PAWNCH things, whether they be PAWNCHable or not.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:38:03 pm »

Name: The Chosen
Preferred weapons: 2 Pistols, change to one laser pistol when available but keep the other 2 pistols against enemies weak to those type of weapons, Stun Rod, motion sensor (for the giggles), a med kit and 4 grenades that explode when something walks on them (forgot what they are called).
Story: Chosen by a secret society to join X-Com and gain alien tech. He was chosen because he was the best of the best. Try to get him some high stats, mostly in strength, accretion, bravery, and action points. He slowly will try to get more people to join his cause and steal tech from X-Com. He considers Alien Tech dirty and will only touch it to steal, never using it in battle.

your sure you want to use all that equipment? aside from the pointlessness of having two pistols at once (except i guess as a way for quickly reloading) you'll be dragging around more equipment than you can use. you'll have to carry your stun rod in your backpack which means it will almost never be used (in order to equip it would take almost an entire turn and to spend that long is close quarters with an alien is suicide) i suppose a motion scanner doesent take up much space but again you have to juggle equipment to use it.

this might work as a challenge to solo man a mission but we'll see about that.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:38 pm »

saddly (thankfully? humans are very squishy even in tank like armor) there is no unarmed combat (which is a personal staple in most games i play). i could set you up as a stun rod weilding, ufo breaching soldier if you like

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:56:36 pm »

You guys sure are coming up with fancy backstories for people who will die horrible deaths in the first five missions.

Name: Dash Gunmetal
Equipment: Pistol
Background:  Psychic Vampire Cowboy who fights Nazis and the Vietcong.
Shoes...

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »

OK I'm not going to wait anymore. by vote the base will go in the US. if you didn't get your way, you can start voting for the second base's location.

i'm going to start naming soldiers and starting up the game. i will take some screen shots as well

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

saddly (thankfully? humans are very squishy even in tank like armor) there is no unarmed combat (which is a personal staple in most games i play). i could set you up as a stun rod weilding, ufo breaching soldier if you like
Stun rod, running shoes, and good body armor please.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 10:15:50 pm »

Running shoes?

What game have you been playing, Barbarossa?

Also, body armor has to be researched, and even personal armor isn't that great.
Shoes...

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »

Stun rod, running shoes, and good body armor please.

noted, will make this one when i get some more soldiers in. mind if he also throws gernades?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67