Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90695 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! (bios) July 21st
« Reply #915 on: July 21, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »

Gratz!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 21, 2010, 04:25:45 pm »

I have news!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that is all.

Aww, you're leaving my little buddy club of unemployed people?

Congratz! ;)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 21, 2010, 06:13:03 pm »

congratulations.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 21, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »

Good job! Now I just have to find one! :D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2010, 10:40:54 am »

Hurray!  Congratulations on the job!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 22, 2010, 12:10:53 pm »

Congratulations on leaving the land of the unemployed.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to find a X-Com LP that's still running. I'd like to claim a piece of cake cannon fodder.

Name: Julius (Do not confuse me with the scum that tries to sell earth to the invaders. I'm not sirian.)
Profession: Field Medic
Background: Was a generic soldier in a generic army. Belonged to a strike force inspecting an alien UFO before X-Com was founded. Got shot with a plasma pistol and survived barely because it just hit the left arm. Said arm healed after a long, painful visit in a military hospital. Attracted the attention of X-Com due to field experience (If you can call getting shot and evac'd field experience) against aliens. Decided to become a field medic to try and rescue soldiers unfortunate enough to be injured by alien weaponry (others will be treated too, don't worry.)
Character: Hates the invading aliens and doesn't want his teammates to suffer from plasma-melts-face syndrome. Considers the use of plasma weaponry "wrong" and will not use it himself, but he'll have no choice but tolerate the rest of the team launching plasma death at the invaders, right? Oh right, he also feels the urge to test how many stim doses the alien bloodstream can endure before unpleasant side-effects occur.
Preferred equipment: Laser Pistol, Medi-kit (2x) (Feel free to remove one medikit and give me a laser rifle when injuries become less common (also known as power suit))
Preferred stats: High TU, high Energy, good reactions (as a medic he's gotta get to the injured people fast without getting shot at. Earlier it was mentioned that good reactions prevent alien reaction fire so that'd be a plus)
Preferred location: Up to you.

Now I just need to hope I don't get killed on my first step off the Skyranger's ramp. And of course I'll have to be accepted first.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Darkranger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:31 pm »

Dude (Dudette?)

I've finnally caught up and I must say I'm impressed. Not only has this been an enjoyable read, but also, up to the whole 'life refuses to let me go' thing, you have been updating this thing quite frequently (a rare gift in the world of X-Com lp's). I was thinking of doing an X-com lp, then I saw you beaten me too it, and now reading it, I feel very inadequate.

Ahem.

Anywho, sign me up.

Name: Samual Williams (Samanatha Williams if female)
Codename: Dark Ranger

Profession: I don't have any preferred stats since X-com randomizes them anyway (that and I might not live long enough to take advantage of them).

Background: I'll let my stats determine my background, but there is one thing I'll solidiy, if it's okay:

(s)He was a former soldier/scout/sniper/whatever in Jack Bladestar's unit around the time Jack overthrew Anya's command. Sam has the tendency to be ruthless and careless when it comes to collateral damage, doing anything and everything to get the mission completed. Was discharged from the military when a few dozen civilians died during an operation (s)he was involved in. It was never proven whether or not (s)he was responsible, however, and thus avoided being tried for killing them.

Became a mercenary afterwards, and was later Recruited to X-com when Jack was.

Doesn't know Jack all to well (was a rookie at the time), but Anya's command was too... slowful for his tastes.

Character: Takes risks and is often the source of civilian loss and property damage. In his mind, the safety of the mission and his resources overides the life of anyone stupid enough to get in his way.

Preferred Equipment: The only thing set in stone is at least one high explosive. Otherwise, it depends on the stats. High Strength, then either the Blaster Launcher or Auto Cannon. High TU, laser pistol and grenades (Alien Grenades once they are researched). High Accuracy, Laser Rifle (he'll ignore plasma, since he'll go gaga over the limitless clip of the laser rifle).

EDIT: I know I left out Reactions. Considering that he's of the mindset of shooting whatever moves regardless of his weapon, a high reaction doesn't change any of the options above.

So yeah, there you go. Can't wait to read more.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 22, 2010, 10:06:54 pm »

so yeah, my new job is great. I work in a nice little office, get a nice view of outside. The work is a little confusing and we use some older devices but in a week or two i should be right up to speed. I get to work through my lunch with pay but thats ok because i can eat at my desk so i get a full 9 hours a day at $12! dollars an hour, the most i have ever been paid for a full time position. and you know what the best part is?

YAY!
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:30 am »

YAY!...

Maybe they were pulling some sort of tax scheme or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 23, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

Had that happen to me once.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 23, 2010, 11:13:23 pm »

ok. I've gotten over the job thing. I have 2-3 hours to work on the next post so i'm going to focus on that.

now for the new characters: It has been awhile but iirc there is no more room at the north American base (a living quarter block is being constructed) so you will have to wait until there is some more space. this should not take long (depending on incoming missions)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 24, 2010, 01:17:51 am »

Could we get a quick update of where we were at the end of the last story post? I forgot, but don't wantb to search back through. (I'm posting from a phone for the forseeable future...) I think that the skyranger was out, but I'm not sure. If it was, it would provide a convenient exit point for a future audiolog.

And that sucks about your job. Sorry to hear about it.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 24, 2010, 01:37:25 am »

We were about to go on a terror mission somewhere. Hazy on the details, but hopefully anya will fill us in during the intro of the post.

Edit, we are on a terror mission in Tehran. The story post will begin right over there.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 24, 2010, 02:10:30 am »

Story Post! spoiled for size of course :3

I know you all have been waiting a long time for this post. I hope it was worth the wait ^.^

I know that I laughed, I cried and that I had a good all around time with this one.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! July 24th
« Reply #929 on: July 24, 2010, 02:30:17 am »

It's a pretty good post, although we lost more than the usual fare. Looks like someone will be joining my character in the sickbay.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67