Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 91028 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #465 on: March 29, 2010, 06:34:06 pm »

That's a good point. Kind of worrisome that you're got snakemen running around already. We've only just discovered floaters!

Oh, and about south Africa...might be worth stationing the Air Ranger over them for a bit to see what they're up to. We don't want any sneaky alien bases showing up without us knowing about it.

I think South Africa can wait, seeing as how they are not funding me anymore. the only countries I care about in there are Egypt and Nigeria. I might want to do some patrolling in south America though.... but it really sucks to have a terror mission spawn in say Russia, while the Skyranger is low on fuel in South America.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 29, 2010, 06:51:25 pm »

Great update, and a good mission.  Of course, snakemen at this point could pose a problem, but you'll manage.

For the fighter-lander issue, you could insert the following conversation, if you want:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heck, if you have Mac's fighter in the hanger, and an extra redshirt at the base, I could get an actual character in an actual battle!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 29, 2010, 07:13:04 pm »

Great update, and a good mission.  Of course, snakemen at this point could pose a problem, but you'll manage.

For the fighter-lander issue, you could insert the following conversation, if you want:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heck, if you have Mac's fighter in the hanger, and an extra redshirt at the base, I could get an actual character in an actual battle!

I like this idea. I will probably include it ^.^ great work

edit - I don't have a redshirt on hand (must remember to buy some of those, people are waiting) and mac is already halfway around the world. the nameless second interceptor pilot will have to do this one. however the credit will still go to Mac.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:32:07 pm by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 29, 2010, 07:54:17 pm »

arrrgh why god why?! the interceptor cant make it all the way to the terror mission. wtf!?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 29, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »

Hehe, well, I guess Frelock's 'take out the extra fuel' mattered more then just fluff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 29, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »

well i've reloaded a couple times and tried different things. there's absolutely no way to make it to that terror mission :(

FFFFFFFFF

I never had this problem on beginner >.< but that doesn't affect fuel stuff

edit - one major thing x-com was missing was landing in different locations to refuel quickly.

edit 2 - good god i think i can do it but it requires a silly amount of micro management and there's no way in hell i'm including it in my role play. there's a way to abuse the way terror missions "stick around" as long as an aircraft is flying to it. after an aircraft is no longer moving towards it it will stick around for a few hours. I'm going to see if i can trick it into sticking around long enough to refuel the skyranger.... probably not but i must try.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:11:58 pm by cganya »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 29, 2010, 08:28:50 pm »

Good luck! Hopefully the B-team will make it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #472 on: March 29, 2010, 08:29:07 pm »

Oh crap. Snakemen. Do I smell a terror mission frenzy coming about soon?

Plus, YAY, upgrade.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 29, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »

oh man i cant believe that worked. I had to let a large UFO go about it's business but it worked, Skyranger refueled and terror mission is still there. success is mine!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2010, 08:45:11 pm »

Well, glad to hear the city will be saved. Hopefully we can use that other story-chunk Frelock posted some other time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2010, 08:59:52 pm »

yes, probably when they decide to not be total jerks and hold a secondary mission on the opposite side of the planet.

jerks

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2010, 11:01:45 pm »

It appears the master strategy of the Aliens in your game is to avoid X-Com.

Cowards.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 30, 2010, 08:07:28 am »

Oh crap, snakemen.  You know what that means.

Reproductive enemy fun
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 30, 2010, 08:14:08 am »

I thought that you could get zombie apocalypse on your first terror mission, where are they?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:12 am »

I thought that you could get zombie apocalypse on your first terror mission, where are they?

what race of aliens you get to face off against seems to be randomly determined. I think that the earth is randomly (or not randomly?) sectioned off by the three earlier alien species and so their ufo can only spawn in those sections.

maybe this time it was sectiods in the Americas, floaters in Europe, south Africa and the western middle east/Russia the snakemen in Australia, China and Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67