Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90801 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2010, 08:07:46 am »

Laser weapons for ashely.

Spoiler: ashely's log (click to show/hide)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 16, 2010, 09:16:00 am »

As Richard has not yet met any of the soldiers yet, he will not request a laser weapon at this time.

Richard reserves his right to change his mind later. :D

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:17 am »

As Richard has not yet met any of the soldiers yet, he will not request a laser weapon at this time.

Richard reserves his right to change his mind later. :D

hehe psychiatrist with a laser pistol? :P
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2010, 10:08:33 am »

With this mob? Probably not a bad idea.

I really need to re-write that stuff soon. I haven't touched it yet.

I think I'll have time this afternoon.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2010, 12:11:32 pm »

With this mob? Probably not a bad idea.

I really need to re-write that stuff soon. I haven't touched it yet.

I think I'll have time this afternoon.

you will be arriving at the base in the upcoming post. just a heads up
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2010, 02:15:04 pm »

Sweet.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2010, 04:36:09 pm »

This is quite awesome! Got me playing UFO:EU myself, just reading it!

There are two things that I'd like to be.

If there's room for a soldier, I'll take that.
Name: Mehmed
Gear: Above all else, a heavy laser - when available. Heavy cannon before - only AP rounds though.. Besides that, as many fancy tools as possible - motion scanner, HE charges etc.
Background:
Mehmed is a junior scientist, working alongside the main tech team. However, something about the big lasers really got to him - he readily volunteered to "field test" one, and from there insisted on staying. He takes great pride in his gun, and carries many gadgets and trinkets with him - some because they are useful, some he's simply in the process of "enhancing" his gun with.

If not, I'll take a Facilities Manager and Accountant position. But, Mehmed is preferred :)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2010, 04:48:05 pm »

This is quite awesome! Got me playing UFO:EU myself, just reading it!

There are two things that I'd like to be.

If there's room for a soldier, I'll take that.
Name: Mehmed
Gear: Above all else, a heavy laser - when available. Heavy cannon before - only AP rounds though.. Besides that, as many fancy tools as possible - motion scanner, HE charges etc.
Background:
Mehmed is a junior scientist, working alongside the main tech team. However, something about the big lasers really got to him - he readily volunteered to "field test" one, and from there insisted on staying. He takes great pride in his gun, and carries many gadgets and trinkets with him - some because they are useful, some he's simply in the process of "enhancing" his gun with.

If not, I'll take a Facilities Manager and Accountant position. But, Mehmed is preferred :)

if you want a soldier possition with a heavy cannon i can do that, if you want a scientist possition then transfer to soldiers once heavy laser comes out, i can do that too.

i like to assign people soldiers in batches because it allows me to work with multiple requests compared to available red shirt stat layouts. for instance your character would require decent to good strength but if i only hire 1 red shirt then the chances of you getting what you want is slim.

in any case i will add you to my notes and try to work you n ^.^

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »

Much appreciated! Put me as a scientist, and promote to a soldier when possible. Probably easiest, and just in time for the next recruitment wave!

EDIT: And it'll be quite fine if the strength is low. He's a junior scientist, after all! He'll learn. Or die.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2010, 08:47:56 pm »

Autocannons are awesome.  Manny shall now perform his greatest feat yet: telling the soldiers why our firearms are low powered.

Steel bullets would merely pass through most of what humanity has to offer, inflicting minor wounds.  The fracturing/melting/splattering of the lead in bullets is what does most of the damage, as the shards of lead spread out from the impact site, tearing and ripping through soft tissues and severely damaging bone.  Hollow point bullets, which are now outlawed, capitalized on this damage.  They inflicted devastating wounds, the type that no man's gaze settles on for long.  Which I will demonstrate, with this ballistics gel, conveniently placed downrange.  (At this point, Manny draws the same deagle from the last demonstration, plugging a bullet dead into the center of the dummy).  Drag that thing back out here, will you?  Thanks.  See here, ladies? How the bullet, once it impacted the surface, riddled the inside?  There is no straight "bullet hole".  Now. Compare your weapons. (Coolly turns, pauses just long enough to stop his momentum, then unleashes steel hell into a second ballistics gel mold) (assistants wheel this one around too, in-case it isn't totally obvious).  Thank you.  Now compare.  (pushes the dummies next to each other)  The first dummy sustained massive injuries.  Look at it. He's not getting up.  Now this guy (pats the steel-slug-punctured dummy, which reacts much more solidly to the force, jiggling slightly) looks to be in much better shape. (bends down behind it, peering through the hole left behind, slightly larger than the bullets).  See? Straight shot.  Didn't even deflect at all.  (motions to the back wall) the slug is buried in that wall, but don't worry about it.  It's mostly intact, if a bit flat.  This man would probably survive.  That is, if I hadn't shot him right through the lung.  Internal organ damage is severe, but limited.  Bleeding would be significantly less than in the lead bullet case.

So you see, while our steel bullets are the only thing for the job, they are not the most effective of rounds against soft targets.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:16 am »

Autocannons are awesome.  Manny shall now perform his greatest feat yet: telling the soldiers why our firearms are low powered.

Steel bullets would merely pass through most of what humanity has to offer, inflicting minor wounds.  The fracturing/melting/splattering of the lead in bullets is what does most of the damage, as the shards of lead spread out from the impact site, tearing and ripping through soft tissues and severely damaging bone.  Hollow point bullets, which are now outlawed, capitalized on this damage.  They inflicted devastating wounds, the type that no man's gaze settles on for long.  Which I will demonstrate, with this ballistics gel, conveniently placed downrange.  (At this point, Manny draws the same deagle from the last demonstration, plugging a bullet dead into the center of the dummy).  Drag that thing back out here, will you?  Thanks.  See here, ladies? How the bullet, once it impacted the surface, riddled the inside?  There is no straight "bullet hole".  Now. Compare your weapons. (Coolly turns, pauses just long enough to stop his momentum, then unleashes steel hell into a second ballistics gel mold) (assistants wheel this one around too, in-case it isn't totally obvious).  Thank you.  Now compare.  (pushes the dummies next to each other)  The first dummy sustained massive injuries.  Look at it. He's not getting up.  Now this guy (pats the steel-slug-punctured dummy, which reacts much more solidly to the force, jiggling slightly) looks to be in much better shape. (bends down behind it, peering through the hole left behind, slightly larger than the bullets).  See? Straight shot.  Didn't even deflect at all.  (motions to the back wall) the slug is buried in that wall, but don't worry about it.  It's mostly intact, if a bit flat.  This man would probably survive.  That is, if I hadn't shot him right through the lung.  Internal organ damage is severe, but limited.  Bleeding would be significantly less than in the lead bullet case.

So you see, while our steel bullets are the only thing for the job, they are not the most effective of rounds against soft targets.

good post zchris. that is a very useful bit of information for those of us who are not really into guns n' ammo. I know a fair bit about why different bullets do different things but i never thought to explain the difference between "regular" bullets and the ones i made up for x-com. this also gives me an decent explanation for when shots that connect, don't manage to kill.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2010, 05:58:42 am »

Argatson requesting as much dakka as physically possible
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2010, 08:47:52 am »

Argatson requesting as much dakka as physically possible

I'll get you a laser rifle then, autofire and unlimited ammo, you'll practically be an orc.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2010, 08:56:38 am »

Oh god. Someone needs to request an Orc.

Quick, somebody point Org at this thread!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:20 pm »

We don't need MORE obnoxious troll in this here thread man.  I'm enough.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 67