Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67

Author Topic: Anya's x-com LP - UPDATED! Augest 17th  (Read 90853 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Anya's x-com LP
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »

Heyreddin is a Cap'n, eh? That's pretty spiffy. Who all is left from the original crew?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2010, 09:51:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:13:29 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2010, 09:53:41 pm »

Seriously, those wimpy 'grenades' aren't even worth the name.  Try some o' these old high explosives!

OOC:  When you breach UFO's like that, do you wait a turn after everybody is outside the door?
Also, don't run for cover like that.  Just auto fire away at the aliens, especially when there is only 2 of them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:56:49 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2010, 10:14:55 pm »

So there was no room for the clone in the roster, eh?  Much more new recruits than I thought there were.

zchris, I have tried that before and it has backfired horribly before.  'Course, not to say I didn't keep trying it . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2010, 10:32:18 pm »

So there was no room for the clone in the roster, eh?  Much more new recruits than I thought there were.

zchris, I have tried that before and it has backfired horribly before.  'Course, not to say I didn't keep trying it . . .

you were waiting on a clone? why didn't you say so. i have a redshirt that hasn't been named yet. Whats clone number 1's name? Steve 2?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2010, 11:14:01 pm »

Just Clone #1.  Grenadier, essentially.  Just an experimental clone soldier.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:59 pm »

hey guys, just a teaser post. the next mission is a terror attack on los angeles and many of the newer soldiers on going to tackle it AT NIGHT *evil laughter*
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2010, 03:05:59 am »

Spoiler: Archangel's log (click to show/hide)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2010, 04:39:51 am »

Spoiler: Ashely's log (click to show/hide)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2010, 11:04:33 am »

Heyreddin is a Cap'n, eh? That's pretty spiffy. Who all is left from the original crew?

actually most everyone, we only lost steve, razorwire and half of myroc

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:06 pm »

Quick question for all you other folks playing X-COM - Why do the aliens get to take control of people's minds? How do you prevent that?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2010, 02:22:18 pm »

Because their psychic and you prevent them from doing that by killing them. You could also capture a commander and build a psy-lab and train your dudes i think. Aliens also always target the weakest dude from a psy standpoint so you could carry around an unarmed psy magnet.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2010, 02:33:19 pm »

Quick question for all you other folks playing X-COM - Why do the aliens get to take control of people's minds? How do you prevent that?
Some aliens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
have psionic abilities, which lets them do this. Capturing and researching one of these units will let you research and build Psi-Labs, which is used to train your own soldiers psionic capabilities.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2010, 10:33:35 pm »

I congratulated the team on their success as they returned, I saw the live alien struggling with it's captors and marveled at it. "Good work team, get some rest after you bring that to containment" It's deep black eyes darted from face to face as it grunted and struggled.

I went back to my personal quarters to catch up on my sleep for an hour and noticed that I had two new e-mails. One from a Sarah Newman and another from... Steve? My blood ran cold as I stared at my screen. The e-mail had been sent to me from Steve after he had died. I opened it quickly lest I let it get under my skin.

"If you're reading this e-mail, I have died. You'll be happy to know that I was selected for a secret government project involving clone based resurrection and I have rejoined X-Com. I look forward to giving those aliens a serious case of deja-vu."
Interesting, and a bit worrisome at the same time.

The second e-mail had been routed through the wrong e-mail address and had only now been forwarded after it's user had returned from vacation.

She exclaimed her eagerness to fight off alien scum and that she has been trained to fire rockets at enemy armor. We haven't needed that just yet but it's always good to have an easy way through a wall. I arranged for her to join the next ground team's mission.

6am, Monday 25th of January. My month end review is coming up, I hope I have done a satisfactory job in protecting earth. I prepare my notes and plan out a presentation of our month's efforts. I feel confident that they will be pleased with our research. Today I received an e-mail from Manny stating that the equipment I ordered for the new recruits was in.

He was quite pleased when he found the crate labeled "Shoulder Held Rocket Launcher" but then proceeded to grumble and complain at just about everything else I ordered.

At midnight, the team of engineers I had asked to be recruited had arrived.

I had them introduce themselves to the rest of the engineering team then had them introduced to the schedule so that those who were off could get some rest.

When I returned to my personal quarters for the night I noticed I had received a few e-mails. The first was from our construction workers.

The radar system I had ordered to be constructed almost a month ago was finally ready for use.

The next morning I had a look at the base statistics in preparation for my review and I noticed that we were again running low on storage space.

So I had the construction workers start building another one. If only we could fit more into those places...

The rest of the day goes by with little excitement. I decide to send an e-mail to the base personnel asking how we can reduce restlessness and increase moral, suggesting that we come up with game nights, parties and other pursuits.

As the days went by I prepared my final notes for my review and suggestions came trickling in. On January 29th, 2:35am, the alarm went off on my personal computer. A voice called over the PA system in my room. "Commander you need to get in here right now, something big is happening!" I rubbed my face and cursed the aliens. "Why always in the morning?" I got myself together and changed into my uniform. Minutes later I walked through the doors of the command center and found it to be in an uproar. The radar technician's assistant ran up to me. "It's a big one commander, it's moving slowly towards the west coast!"

"How large?" I ask as I open up my command console.
"At least 3 times larger than the largest we've seen so far." She replied.
"Lets get Interceptor 2 into the air, I want that thing on the ground."
"Commander, I think it's heading straight for Los Angeles, look." The technician brings the tactical map into view for me and traces the ufo's position for me.

"Lets not let it get there. Do what you need to take it down Interceptor 2." I watch the jet icon move towards the slow moving ufo. Within the hour the Jet fighter engages the large ufo.

The pilot calls out his shots, hitting it with all 6 avalanche missiles. "Commander, I'm all out of missiles. I can't take it down!"
"Head back to base Interceptor, you did what you could." I shake my head. "Send Mac after that thing."
Mac races towards the ufo but it suddenly lowers under the city line as it enters Los Angeles' city limits. "Scramble the troops now, we're about to get a lot of phone calls. I shake my head, hoping that this is an isolated incident.

within ten minutes I receive a direct call from my US funder, asking me what the hell is going on.

"Citizens are being killed in the open by aliens. What are we paying you for?" He yelled through the phone.
"We already have a team on the way sir, hang tight and try to get as many civilians out of the area as possible." I replied back, as calmly as I could.

"They better get there quick..."

And they did.

To Be Continued

edit - lol I totally forgot to spell check, sorry
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:35:58 pm by cganya »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2010, 10:43:54 pm »

First Terror mission and you're doing it in the daytime? Lucky!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67