Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with economic stone stocks menu  (Read 1239 times)

Hazelnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with economic stone stocks menu
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:02:12 am »

So, I learned to play DF recently using TinyPirate's tutorial and all stone was on this menu. I realised a couple of nights ago that that's not the case with my current game (Dwarf Heaven - downloaded from link in thread) and it's a pain since I want things made in certain rock types. Forbidding from the stocks menu is not good enough as it forbids any workshops made in that material... WTF.

So I've found references to Economic stone hack and manual stone selection mods. can't find either, except for as part of other mods. Downloaded and extracted the reaction_all_economic.txt files. Unfortunately bunging it in the raw/objects dir does nothing unless I regen the world. Not sure why, same install of DF and all - so it must get embedded in the world files somewhere.

I'm about 30-40 play hours into a megaproject and I'm not starting again, but I hope theres some ingenious way I could enable all stones on the status->stone menu.

Please help.

Thanks.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Help with economic stone stocks menu
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:35 am »

Nope, no way that I can think of. Well, actually maybe I can if you're really desperate. Take the reaction_all_economic file, look at the reaction within, copy everything but the reaction's header and paste it into a reaction in one of the existing files, overwriting it.

What you should have is a reaction that has an identifier already used by your saved game (say, the coal-making reaction or something more obscure), but that contains the all-stone reaction. With any luck, the game will recognize that and shove all stones into the Economic menu, but it'll cost you a potentially useful reaction.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Hazelnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with economic stone stocks menu
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:17:31 am »

Thanks Sean. So I take it the save file format is a mystery then?  :P

I really regret my hastiness at getting started on this map/project. Ideally I wanted Orc mod, this mod and maybe a couple of other tweaks. Poured too much time in to start again I think.

I'll have a look at reactions that I don't need. To be honest there's only a few stones I care about being in there.. Alunite (magma safe with molten rock mod) and Ryolite (which my megaproject will be built out of block of) - with maybe the other useless crap (yellow & blue) as well.

Are there any completely unused reactions?

EDIT: just realised I only need to replace one reaction. cool.

EDIT2: It works.  ;D  brilliant. I'm actually gonna split it and replace two reactions, one with a description of "Magma-safe" and the other blank. I'll also remove any rock I don't have on the map to make the list smaller.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:17:21 am by Hazelnut »