Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Elven Diplomat Offering Congratulations?  (Read 16529 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Diplomat Offering Congratulations?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »

I wouldn't.

I would simply abandon, and let them suffer eternally.

That's the whole point.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 12:00:45 am »

According to the wiki, if you add [HEATDAM_POINT:0] and [SEVERONBREAKS] to the cats, they'll just explode, without starting fires. In this fashion, you can drop cat grenades on the elves, for yet more suffering. Am about to test this, but do not have too many cats to experiment with.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

According to the wiki, if you add [HEATDAM_POINT:0] and [SEVERONBREAKS] to the cats, they'll just explode, without starting fires. In this fashion, you can drop cat grenades on the elves, for yet more suffering. Am about to test this, but do not have too many cats to experiment with.
Catsplosion.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 12:43:01 am »

The cruelest end for an elf isn't death by wood, it's to spend an eternity locked in a wooden cage in the zoo. Think of it like living in the rotting corpse of a giant, looking out at other prime examples of nature being oogled at by a bunch of drunken bearded louts. Not just cruel, humiliating.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 03:35:34 am »

I've begun work on the elf hell project. I have a completely clear class room built over top of a magma pipe.

I also had this great idea... build some grates so the elf(s) can hear the dwarves laughing at his/her feeble attempts to survive... the room has two clear glass grates facing the side where I plan on building the dining tables and booze stockpile.

The elf trapping device is complete and now I just need to wait for spring, maybe put in some finishing touches before then. Also built a dwarven airlock so I can let dwarves in/out and keep the elves in... I'm hoping to use this as a noble execution device.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 11:39:31 am »

The cruelest end for an elf isn't death by wood, it's to spend an eternity locked in a wooden cage in the zoo. Think of it like living in the rotting corpse of a giant, looking out at other prime examples of nature being oogled at by a bunch of drunken bearded louts. Not just cruel, humiliating.

Yeah, but I already do that... Although that was an elf who came with a goblin seige, so I guess it's not exactly the same, since she would have goblin ethics.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Pigtail Cloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 12:16:02 pm »

... Hmm... I think I might need help from this point on.  As much as it scares me to say it, I think at this point, I'm about evilled out.  Can someone post some good automated torture device ideas?

Here are some good ideas.

I've made one of my fortresses a point to be a scourge on elven-kind. You're missing a big point.

Okay your dorfs are eating elf, and the elves are watching, and you're shooting elf bone bolts to hunt the meat while butching elf babies. There is where you're missing out.

Don't just make the cages out of soap, make it out of ☼Elf Soap☼. The carpenter? Butcher? Make them out of ☼Elf Soap☼. Clothing? ☼Elf Leather☼. If it can be made, decorated, or crafted out of. Make it out of Elf. Let them know they are not just prisoners. You've created a thriving fortress designed around their suffering, and they can see it always.

Bonus points, carve holes in the earth to get trees growing underground (drop the top soil layer down to wanted z-level), then cut and process them in front of them endlessly. Bonus points if everything you can't use elf for, is wood.

Edit: if you still get a caravan from the elves. Sell them the creations of their brethren. Sure you're not directly tormenting all elven kind, but eventually they will realize its not just a beloved forest creature those bones came from. The horror that they were so close to their tormented brothers and sisters will be greater than any dorf can hope.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:21:38 pm by Pigtail Cloth »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:40:39 pm by darkrider2 »

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 01:06:28 pm »

To get the elves to bring animals, drown every third or fourth caravan, and when you buy anything from them, make it very narrow margins.

The one redeeming aspect of the elves is that you can basically exploit and abuse them about as much as you want. In fact, they encourage it. Seize everything of value from their caravans, then trade lots of extra wealth to the human and dwarf caravans. The elves will bring huge caravans because the humans/dwarves got lots of profit, but won't bring a lot of "valuable" goods like base quality rope reed cloth with base quality redroot dye (seriously, who let Drool Cup Larry make the trade goods?) and instead will bring "inferior" goods like caged giant eagles and sun berries.

Going to try this in my fort (siezing Elves stuff every few years) to try & fix the Elven Traders. Only in the first year did they bring anything other than bins full of Rope Reed Cloth. I've tried annoying them by trying to buy things at a loss but it doesn't work, they just say "I won't sell at a loss" & even when I offer goods worth 1 dwarfbuck over the value of the goods I'm buying they happily accept like grinning morons. The first year I got a caged Fox whom is still happily roaming my fortress but something more exotic (and maybe a female Fox for him to play with) would be nice. I generally give the Human & Dwarven caravans a healthy profit as I have loads of useless narrow clothing to get rid of. I think when I saved last night I had some Elven Traders still at the depot so I may be able to try it this evening hopefully (was a bit distracted by the goblin siege as my siege defences are still in mid-construction).
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:35 am »

Edit: if you still get a caravan from the elves. Sell them the creations of their brethren. Sure you're not directly tormenting all elven kind, but eventually they will realize its not just a beloved forest creature those bones came from. The horror that they were so close to their tormented brothers and sisters will be greater than any dorf can hope.

Actually, I think the elves would rather you make things out of elf than animal. I believe that's the reason behind their cannibalism.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:40 am »

Actually, I think the elves would rather you make things out of elf than animal. I believe that's the reason behind their cannibalism.

It's because they're in tune with nature... They don't like killing, but once it's dead, they have to make sure no part of the "animal" goes to waste.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:52 pm »

All this speak of cutting down trees to make the hippies angry has once again brought a question to mind......ive cut down more trees than a bezerk elf with a chainsaw and those stupid hippies still wont declare war on me or even ask me stop killing thier friends. i literally have over 2000 logs just lying around my fortress (my stockpile only holds like 150).  Anybody know why they wont attack, or at least complain that im cutting down so many trees?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:12:32 pm by LoneJedi7 »
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 02:09:03 pm »

-a bezerk elf with a chainsaw-

that's your problem right there. a berserk elf with a chainsaw would be far more likely to lop all his major appendages off than so much as touch a single tree.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 05:34:40 pm »

all this talk is evil and all but its not sadistic enough yet now my idea is to create a room out of soap and clear glass suspended over a lava pipe with a meeting room around it then trap some tentacle demons (yes i moded them) in cages with elves and put them in the room and drop all the rotting refuse you can create (kitten heads gobin guts ect ect...) into the room with them then set up your meat/wood industry around that.

extra points if you can have elf children running around the cages onto single wodden whip traps spraying the caged elves with there own childrens blood while being "abused" by tentacle demons.

may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2010, 09:21:27 pm »

all this talk is evil and all but its not sadistic enough yet now my idea is to create a room out of soap and clear glass suspended over a lava pipe with a meeting room around it then trap some tentacle demons (yes i moded them) in cages with elves and put them in the room and drop all the rotting refuse you can create (kitten heads gobin guts ect ect...) into the room with them then set up your meat/wood industry around that.

extra points if you can have elf children running around the cages onto single wodden whip traps spraying the caged elves with there own childrens blood while being "abused" by tentacle demons.

Pffft! You know they'd just be enjoying it!  I mean, whose "elf children" do you think those kids are?

Also, keep in mind we're supposed to keep the "hugging clowns" to code-speak.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5