Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!  (Read 5392 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:07:58 pm »

I could always. You know. Tomahawk missile.
Air strike.
Maneuver the vehicles.
Reenact mercenaries by opening the hatch, fight with the driver/gunner/commander a bit and throw a grenade in.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »

I always assumed the hatch had a little bar that locked it from the inside. They don't? It would kind of ruin your plan, like if people in GTA locked their car doors.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 11:14:26 pm »

Blowtorch?
Wait no.
Crowbar?
LAW?
Carl Gustav Recoil less rifle?
Javelin Missile?
Thermite?
Tannerite?
Heating the hull with a flamethrower and boil the crew alive?
Reading the Ragnar Benson collection and hope to find something? (It has instructions on how to disable an Abrams)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:16:18 pm by Phantom »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 11:19:00 pm »

I bet the flamethrower wouldn't work unless you flamed out the inside through a port in the side or something.

Anyway, the trope is the guy opening the hatch and killing the crew without damaging the tank appreciably. If you had a LAW you'd just blast the tank itself ...
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:20:43 pm »

Well I changed my idea from
"Steal the tank/artillery/IFV/APC."
To
"Use whatever you have to destroy, cripple, or capture that damn tank/artillery/IFV/APC."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:35:16 pm »

All of those plans become much more difficult if the tank can move, and if the tank has stopped then you are probably wasting your time when youshould be dealing with its peers...

Can we talk strategy a little before bringing the whole world down on ourselves? I would like to try a covert approach and try to take The Ukraine by suprise and gain control of their military...

Something along the lines of sending agents to sponsor public unrest, sponsoring rebel groups, being friendly and supportive of the government and charitable to the people, have private entities corrupt their military. Then concoct a media blitz to compromise their government, organise vulnerable portions of their military to colaborate with the rebels and stage a coup. Then assassinate the remaining leadership of the coup, government, and military(we should have detailed information on all of them) and, as the last faction standing, we can install a puppet government and fund propaganda proclaiming them our allies while we bascially abuse them as much as we can get away with...

Or, you know, we could just go charging in, guns blazing, and hope that they(and our next target, andthe one after that) aren't ready for that sort of thing...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:37:29 pm »

Reenact Just Cause/What Che tried to do with Bolivia except without fail. And on Ukraine.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 05:00:11 am »

GUYS GUYS! Especially you Phantom. Please, can we not play a game here? Please don't argue, give me one day turn objectives please.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 05:49:07 am »

Support a UN peacekeeping mission and use it as a cover for buying hardware.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:09 am »

Ok, the UN are willing to pay 10$ for every man you can send out to Berlin to be sent on the next UN peacekeeping mission in Context-day 5 (5 days away, this is day 1). The UN will relieve your men on day 11 is they survive.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:59:36 pm by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 10:17:28 am »

Here are some maps.

Trade Routes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our border with the Ukraine
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:19:19 am by Hoborobo234 »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 10:24:37 am »

Eh, 500 rebels for the peacekeeping mission. Do they have to march?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 10:51:49 am »

No, Nato Helicopters will arrive at an Airstrip outside of Simferopol in a few hours time.

500 Militia head out to the Airstrip and are picked up.

--Day 2--

The militias have arrived in Berlin and will be shipped off to Chile on day 5, apparently theres some nasty shit going down with some warlords over there at the moment.

Propaganda officers have started work on an Anti-Ukraine Government campaign. Leaflets will be delivered by foot in 2 days, maybe some trucks will speed up distribution. Several thousand leaflets will be produced and they will be distributed in the Khersonka Oblast and it will be centered around the Cherson area (the local capital). It will take a further 2 days for the civilians to reach Cherson and distribution will take 1 day.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »

Hey, how about we buy some frigates or a submarine? You know, establish naval dominance in the area.

Also, I suggest we send an emissary to the UN to garner international support. And bash Ukraine.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 05:16:35 pm »

Of course, here is the current list of the current ships for sale:

* 1 MEKO Frigate from Turkey (230 Seamen required) $1000. [Delivery is Free if the crew can be transported back] From Istanbul, It should arrive in Sevastopol in 2 days

* 1 Kirov class battlecruiser from Russia (710 Seamen required) $1900 + $300 for delivery. From Rostov-na-Donu should arrive in Kerch in 1 day

You have 1400$

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5