Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!  (Read 5381 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Crimea's wonderful cause!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 05:21:32 pm »

Also, how many rebels do we have?

This is good btw.

Thanks Kashyyyk, I apreciate your comments, Its just a shame that we only got 1 day done in 3 pages cause these guys won;t stop arguing. Also See the OP for that sort of Info
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:18 pm »

Inquire Germany for G3s.

Or buy AK101s from russia.

Or inquire FN FALs from UK.

Send a scout to observe the opposition. (Ukraine)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »

Buy frigate.
Buy body armour, good rifles, and APCs for peacekeeping forces.
Try to get some antiaircraft missiles for them without raising suspicion.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 11:56:12 am »

Ok, you buy the MEKO Frigate from Turkey. It will arrive in Sevastopol in 2 days.

You have 400$ left, you will need Seamen to pilot the ship remember.

Ok You can AK/74s from Russia for 200$ for 400 Guns.

You can buy 10 Boxers from Germany for 400$, you will also need to train 30 APC Crew for the Job.

AA placements can be built in 1 day in Kerch, Armiansk, Simferopol and Sevastopol

AA Placements
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:10:33 am by Hoborobo234 »
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 03:26:59 pm »

As a suggestion, we should get our 30 elites to train some militia into regulars (or the equivalent) then they can help the elites train the rest.

Would it cost anything to do that?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:31 pm »

It will take 3 days and 100$ for the elites to train 300 Militia

It will take 2 days and 100$ to train 250 Seamen

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »

Since we are getting a frigate we should train some Seamen.

Also, is the 230 a solid requirement or is it possible to have a skeleton crew? Would make it easier to give the Turks a lift back.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 05:25:11 pm »

You will need to pay an extra 300$ if you dont fly them back. 230 is a skeleton crew really, to man all of the Guns and Controls

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 05:49:20 pm »

Is there a plane price list? We can have a look at that while we are at it.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 05:52:47 pm »

We should actually spend our money on staging a fake attack from Ukraine's neighbor so they begin shifting their military in that direction. Besides, any fighting they do between themselves just depletes them both for when we inevitably steamroll over them.

We should also create a government crime syndicate to go to our neighbors and steal stuff, sell drugs and bootlegs, etc. Raise money, gather intelligence, and destabilize.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 05:56:01 pm »

Boxers?
And when the hell did russia get M16s?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2010, 12:21:55 am »

I'm bringing some thread defibrillators.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2010, 01:07:54 am »

You start up with an    average income of $400 a day. You can buy resources, weapons and technologies from other countries.
Ok, the UN are willing to pay 100$ for every man you can send out to Berlin
7,000 Militant Militias.

Given that things like battlecruisers seem to cost a few thousand, I honestly cannot see any strategy better than investing what money we have in some minor gear and battle dress for our militias, and then renting them out to the UN. $100 for a five day tour * 7000 militia = $140,000 per day, or 350 times our taxation income. Drop taxes to 0 to keep our population happy, have the elites go around recruiting and training more batches to increase our income. The massive influx of troops will probably help them survive even if the UN doesn't provide equipment (and they would need to provide the uniforms at the very least), since people are much less likely to risk open combat against that many troops.

Eventually, we'll have to buy them all good equipment and actually do something, but I can't see a reason to irritate Ukraine until we
a) have beefed up our international standing by sending out all of these peacekeepers. Having international backing will definitely help whatever we end up getting into with Ukraine.
b) have gotten our troops a bit of training, gotten them into a command structure, picked out some for more training, etc. Ukraine has a military two orders of magnitude larger than us, plus air and naval power. If we go against them right now the best we can hope for is a long drawn out guerrilla war, except that we don't have fanatics, giant arms caches, or a friendly backing superpower, and so we'd just get ground down.
c) made enough money to buy whatever it is that we want, rather than scrounging around for a few M16s. If a used Kirov is $2200 with shipping, we should be able to have the equivalent of the Pacific fleet, and all of the latest everything for all of our soldiers, in a few days.

If someone (like Ukraine) starts trying to bother us before we're ready, we can pull the "we're just an innocent ex-soviet country trying to take our place on the world stage" card, which should have at least some backing because of the work that we're doing with the UN (and Russia apparently likes us). Yet another reason not to do anything aggressive too early.

Upgrade the infrastructure, too. It's great that we can buy M16s from Russia and all, but I'd much rather if we had our own factories etc. producing our guns. Producing our own T-72's, or variants thereof, would be great. Plus, jobs (even factory jobs) make people happy.

Now then, once we're rolling in money and guns, we can start thinking about taking territory. We can reassure our populace that it will be in two weeks or so, and meanwhile they aren't being taxed.

When the fighting starts, taking naval and air superiority is going to be important, but hopefully we'll be helped there with top of the line equipment, the support of the international community, and the support of the Ukranian people when they hear that we won't be taxing them either because we'll just require two years military service or something and that will raise more money than a lifetime of taxes. The goal will be to take some territory and make it too economically and politically costly for Ukraine to take it back, rather than going for open war. A more espionage-based war might work too, but let's see what our options are before getting ourselves squished like the bugs we (currently) are.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2010, 01:10:43 am »

I'm still wondering why Russia is producing M16A2s, they should be producing their Klashnikovs not that!
M16s are Americas shit, not Russias!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:15:19 am by Phantom »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2010, 04:21:43 am »

@ Rysinth: I think I just shed a tear. I'll get right too it.

Now, do you want to send everyone off straight away or would you like to get some Armour and Guns first?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5