Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 24728 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »

You can complete it later if you want to take another turn.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 06:20:52 pm »

21st Limestone, 303, Early Autumn.

Not much to report really. Finished the mayor's room, and got ambushed by gawblins, which were drove off by merchants. :)

Also, one of the horses got kill by gawblins. Tons of free stuff. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:22:23 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 07:44:00 pm »

Nice.  At least we know that goblins/gawblins/golbins won't be bitches when it comes to ambushes/sieges.  Do they wear a shit-ton of clothing too?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:01:53 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »

I love how the insane temperature is both a horrible con and an amazing pro for the fort. I wonder... I kind of want to use my turn to experiment with a water/ice defense thing. What's the verdict on pumps and other mechanics, seeing as they'd basically have to use multi-z systems? Below the tower levels only?

Also, yeah, don't worry about neatness, Orb. The insane mess that comes out of the innate confusion and mismanagement of succession forts is the main reason I like them so much :D Just keep up doing whatever you like, be it efficiency or insanity or some drunken blend of both.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm presently counting everything below the community floor as fair game as long as your plans are to get building material or pump the cave river to the surface.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

26th Moonstone, 303, Early Winter - Orb's "Go Out With a Bang" Operation Begins.

Urist McUrist is throwing a tantrum!

Gabbro Bridge destroyed by Urist McUrist.

Urist McUrist has fallen into a deep chasm.

Yes, mayhem(on accident, of course ;)). It just so happens we...ran out of booze! EEK! OH NOEZ! WHAT WILL WE DO!? Oh wait, we can just make more booze. Oh wait, we are out of barrels....oh wait, all the barrels are going into the plant stockpiles, oh wait, all the brewers are dumping stone. Oh wait, no one wants to drink the 100+ booze. Oh wait, 18 people died already (+1 Poor Cat...).

I think the situation has "somewhat" been stabalised, but the next person might have some kind of distaster on their hands.

Also, I found a dragonfly. Normally thats not unusual, except we are on a mountain, no water, and its below freezing.

Nice.  At least we know that goblins/gawblins/golbins won't be a bitches when it comes to ambushes/sieges.  Do they wear a shit-ton of clothing too?

I would guess so, nothing freezed to death.

P.S. I will try to finish up my turn tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:07:29 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:47 pm »

It just so happens we...ran out of booze!

This is all the more reason to find the cave river, I suppose.  I'm not sure why the dwarves wouldn't drink if booze had already been made.

Any PCs die?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 11:03:17 pm »

More importantly did any high skill level dwarves die? Also I think I said it earlier but I increased the layering of the various goblins and orcs a bit.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 11:06:44 pm »

I recall you (and me) saying that they needed it but I don't remember you saying that you did it, but I'll take your word for it.  Good job on making the game more interesting.

Also thanks for not increasing layering on Kobolds.  They are a colossal pain in the ass, and it's funny to see them just freeze to death outside.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2010, 06:57:18 am »

PC as in Player Controlled? Like "crash"? No.

More importantly did any high skill level dwarves die? Also I think I said it earlier but I increased the layering of the various goblins and orcs a bit.

Not from what I saw(I wouldnt be able to know their skill level anyway). Just a weaver, peasonts, guards, marksdwarves, and some other misc. A lot of it were the immigrants, so mostly useless fluff.

Also, I was curious, how did you get some of the dwarves to their legendary skills in two years? o_O

"Edit" Also, I recall someone else having the same booze problem. Apparently, dwarves like to drink booze for a long time, expecially when they are dyhydrated. There are only so many barrels of beer for just under 50 dwarves. Some just didnt get their turns I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:59:24 am by Orb »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:36 am »

Well at the end of my turn we did have two legendary weavers...  :'(  Also, as to the legendaries, they did nothing but work, I disabled hauling and everything and set some tasks on repeat and two of them got the strange moods that skill up (the third was a possession), crash was the one with a bit of a booze problem. So no other craftsmen except for the weaver? Phew.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:43:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:05 am »

PC as in Player Controlled?

Player Character, but you're close enough.  Demonic Spoon is also a PC.

crash was the one with a bit of a booze problem.

Hey man, I can quit whenever I want.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:45:51 am by crash2455 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2010, 01:59:38 am »

Sure you can, progress orb?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »

Sure you can, progress orb?

Got distracted with Space Station 13 the other day. I will finish my turn and upload it when I know if Legolord wants to play my save.

So far, no one will build the bridge. The weaver actually didnt die, we still have two legendaries. All the military is gone, every last marksdwarve. The drinking problem is solved, but everyone is going nuts, and without a water source, the injured people will start dieing of thirst sooner or later.  You guys "could" just skip me, unless Legolord wants to take on the challenge.

"Edit" Also bad things are flying out of the chasm and into the fortress where the bridge used to be. They havent killed anyone...yet.

Well, heres an update one month later...its a tad worse situation..

5th Obsidian, 303, Late Winter - Invincible Crazy Dwarves

-Bridge was rebuilt
-Lots of bezerk dwarves
-One bezerk dwarf has superhuman streangth all of a sudden and fought off the legendary weaver. The weaver has several broken bones.
-The bezerk dwarf is fighting off a dog and three recruits, im surprised hes still alive. =/
-Lots of zombie goats in traps, if someone wants to do something creative with them....there in the cage stockpile.

Finished up my turn.

1st of Early Spring, 304 Calming Down

Things are getting a little better. Theres still tantruming and death, but the amount has toned down. I also finished my second mini project, the.."drum roll"...Levitating Bedrooms!

In a very unefficiant manner, I created 8 bedrooms, pretty much off the side of a cliff.

Heres the map.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8207-t-talltower
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:27:11 pm by Orb »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »

Bring it on!  I just spent most of a day making a suit of armor for an old GI Joe action figure, and it's freakin' awesome - big morale boost there for me, so this should be cake(-ish).  I can start on it tomorrow night, Monday at the latest.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16