Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 24709 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 08:06:51 pm »

Yeah sure.  It looks like your avatar is either too big or doesn't want to be linked to directly.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 10:20:48 pm »

=/

I dont know what you guys did to the mod, but its kinda wacky. First off, whenever I go in window mode, the entire screen is taken up. I wouldnt mind this, but most of the screen is "black space". I turned off black space in the init, its still there. Theres also two init files, init and init1?.....Help?  ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:23:46 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2010, 10:24:10 pm »

init is the one that works.  The black space thing is a general problem with 40d16.  If you hit the maximize button, it should fix it.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2010, 10:30:28 pm »

init is the one that works.  The black space thing is a general problem with 40d16.  If you hit the maximize button, it should fix it.

Eh, it kinda did. Its still "full screen", which I kinda dislike. Also, anything I should know about this version? Only use the 40d one, really.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2010, 10:52:07 pm »

You can click and drag the edges of the screen to change the size.  If you scroll the mouse wheel, you can zoom out.  There's also some macro stuff but I wouldn't mess around with that.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:49 am »

Been travelling and off internet a coupla days, but I don't mind going next after Orb if we have a gap. I just picked fifth arbitrarily since I didn't want to be first, but whenever's cool. Just send me a PM whenever since I might not get the time to check the thread frequently enough :P

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:35 pm »

k, going to play atleast a season for now...lets see how this ends...

Um...I cant seem to find the levers?  :-\

"Edit" Well, heres an update I suppose.

22nd Slate, 303, Mid-Spring

Immigrants arrived, tons of them. I believe atleast 15. Population is at 62 now. Turned most of them into soldiers/Fortress Guard. I cant seem to get them to spar....=/

Started work on my level, which will be one above crash's. The base is placed and finishing up the floors. This is really just to provide a framework for the next player, since I am absolutely horrible with anything requiring aesthetic value.

Also, I set up a few Archery Targets in the fortification area, since I cant seem to get my recruits to spar, as I said before.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:25:26 pm by Orb »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:31 pm »

Also, I set up a few Archery Targets in the fortification area, since I cant seem to get my recruits to spar, as I said before.

Because of the cold, any dwarf that stays outside for a day or two gets brain damage.  Dwarves with nervous system injuries will not spar.

I allow the building of roofs, so you can add them if your dudes are getting frozen.

The levers are in Demonic Spoon's level, inside his bedroom.  You can find them on the DFMA map I think.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2010, 06:38:32 am »

No wonder I couldnt find the levers. I might build an easier to find alternate set later on.

Actually, none of the military dwarves have brain damage from what I see. I believe it "might" be that the barracks is covered in beds, but thats just a rough guess.....or maybe im just blind and dont see the damage. =/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:47:39 am by Orb »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2010, 09:39:20 am »

So you started on building the tower? Nice.  :) Keep up the good work, and I think the beds may be a problem yes. And my levers are in my personal crypt south os the general crypts and south of my bedroom, I added notes to them explaining their function.

Also remember about the massive piles of dyed cloth sitting there, crying out to be used to make extremely valuable stuff.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:11 pm »

So you started on building the tower? Nice.  :) Keep up the good work, and I think the beds may be a problem yes. And my levers are in my personal crypt south os the general crypts and south of my bedroom, I added notes to them explaining their function.

Also remember about the massive piles of dyed cloth sitting there, crying out to be used to make extremely valuable stuff.

True, but we have no stockpile space whatsoever. The next person can make the cloth, its quick to use up anyway.

Also I added some permanent rooms for the mayor and captain of the guard. They arent pretty(like most things I make), but they will do for now. Mayor has giganto room to keep him happy. :)

Caught a couple gawblins snatchers in cages also.

"Edit" About the bedrooms, I cant really make any. My tower level would be extremely inefficiant to create bedrooms, and the community level is pretty much filled up. I could squeeze bedrooms onto the community level, but that wouldnt look nice. =/

We also need a jail.  Any ideas? I was concidering something to do with the chasm...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:13:25 pm by Orb »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2010, 12:00:58 am »

"Edit" About the bedrooms, I cant really make any. My tower level would be extremely inefficiant to create bedrooms, and the community level is pretty much filled up. I could squeeze bedrooms onto the community level, but that wouldnt look nice. =/

Dude, you don't need to be so critical of your work.  This is a game and you should have fun with it.  If shit happens, then shit happens.

If there's no room on the community level, then build some new rooms on your level.  That'll learn them new migrants for being "fashionably late."  If you're short on inspiration, check some of the Favorited maps on the DFMA.  I've built some cool stuff using some of those.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:45:00 am by crash2455 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2010, 07:12:30 am »

Ah, ok.   ;)

Will start ruining the aesthetic value of everything very soon. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:18:30 am by Orb »

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »

How's your ruination going?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »

I got distracted yesterday trying out the ideas I had from playing this fortress.

Anyway, im working on a "mini project" to create more bedrooms, probably wont finish by the end of my turn though.

"Edit" Right, I forgot someone else wont be able to build on my level. I guess it could be expanded one level up if they wanted to.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:01:48 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16