Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 24720 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »

So yeah. Basically I made a large textile industry, made larger farms and proper food production, made extremely huge crypts, some bedrooms, a new dining room, new main entrance. Constructed a  new trade depot, got some migrants in winter and in spring brinigng our total population up to 44. OH yeah and got our first 3 artifacts.

Holy, did you ever. Nice start though - we've got a steady footing and hopefully are on the path to future elven sieges :D

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2010, 12:56:37 pm »

Alright, I guess now that DS has laid the foundation we've got a lot of room to build up.  I assume there's a lot of stockpiled stone at this point.  Future pictures could start looking more. . . tower-like.

I doubt we're going to need an entire hallway filled with weapon traps.  Maybe a ballista battery (for the lulz), but that's about it.

How many coffins are in those crypts anyway?  I calculated it to be somewhere near 1000.

Where are you releasing guys that get caught in cage traps?  Bones is good for bolts.

Also, in the interest of framerates, I would suggest chasming any unusable items left by enemies (and there will be a lot of items left by enemies once we get to ~80 dwarves), or if you have enough haulers, taking them all to the trade depot.

I'll send a message off to Japa.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:02:23 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2010, 01:12:25 pm »

Thanks retro, we have quite a respectable amount of stone but I did use up a lot in my projects. I haven't released anyone caught in the traps, we currently have one goblin thief and one zombie batman prisoner. I suggest we do something cool with the flying enemies and do not kill them.

1186 coffins.

Also, I don't think we'll have enough wood for a ballista, if we do get a tower cap farm going though then we should totally add that...and weapon traps, I'm a fan of overkill.

P.S. What do you guys think of my story?

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 01:33:36 pm »

Overkill is already present on this map.  Its name?  Cold.

I'm not sure what we can do with zombies.  I would be all for training them if at all possible.  If their wings are clipped, maybe a zombie pit for enemies to have fun with.

Also, your story somehow reminds me of the Sparkgear Space Program while doing exactly the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:36:02 pm by crash2455 »
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »

Pics!

Spoiler: Coffin Land (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demonic Spoon's Suite (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crowded Dining Room (click to show/hide)

All pictures are taken with StoneSense Granite, which is included with the Talltower 2 game (under stonesense_1_0_RC2).

And holy crap, we have animals in the fort now.  Someone must get the dogs together so that we can have epic puppy fights.

Also, it appears that the cold is keeping the Kobolds at bay.  I think (aside from orcs) they're the only ones dumb enough to come to our fortress wearing only a loincloth.  They don't get halfway to the entrance before freezing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:57:27 pm by crash2455 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 12:59:58 pm »

I noticed you had Japa up next...isnt Japa busy?  :-\
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

Ah yeah, I didn't notice his second post.  I suppose you're up then.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2010, 04:26:49 pm »

Ouch, im having some technical difficulties uploading the SGIX file. Just put my turn after the next person, see if I can fix this.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2010, 05:10:59 pm »

Alright LegoLord (aka sir does not look at his message inbox), you're up.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:01 pm »

Shoot.  I didn't think my turn would come this soon.  I'll be busy the next couple of days; I might be able to get stuff done come wednesday, but if you'd rather not wait, the next person on the list that can take it can go.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2010, 07:04:50 pm »

Alright, retro said he didn't want to play until turn 5, so I'm messaging Samus11111.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2010, 07:23:22 pm »

Awesome. I fixed my problem. I am now completely reliable to get through a turn.  ;)

I will just grab the save, since lego needs to be skipped and the next person hasnt responded yet.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2010, 07:37:16 pm »

Oh, if you can do a turn I shouldn't need to be skipped, provided certain circumstances and you aren't done before tuesday/wednesday.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:35 pm »

Alright, I'll tell Samus to hold on.

Orb, you may start your turn when ready.

Also, disorganized succession forts make the baby Jesus cry.

Edit:  Am I the only one who gets email forwards when they get messages?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 08:04:16 pm »

Can I join up?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16