Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)  (Read 24693 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Talltower 2 (Tower Fortress Succession Game)
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »

I assume I'm still alive with my epic stats yes?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2010, 11:33:53 pm »

Yup.  You didn't label your dude a crash test stuntman, right?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2010, 11:36:28 pm »

No, crash did that, just making sure, are our skilled textile industry folk still around? Also, I told them to make the fields fallow, but they never listen to me. Also, please, no one try channeling out a roof to make aboveground farm, doesn't work, apparently plants can't grow here.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:43:06 pm by Demonic Spoon »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:28 pm »

If anyone of obvious skill had died, I would have mentioned it.
And don't worry, I know plants don't grow in freezing biomes  ;)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2010, 06:08:13 am »

On one hand, sucks that my guy died (his name should have only been Crash Stuntman).  I suppose he wasn't doing much anyway (Demonic Spoon pretty much took over all of his duties).  On the other hand, gem cabinet = cool.  It must have been a very big gem.

Also goblins, gawblinz, and golbins only differ in name and to make sieges/ambushes more frequent.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2010, 06:40:01 pm »

Summer passed with little significance.  The humans came and went; wood was purchased and an order for wood, turtles, and wood products was sent with them.  Work on my chamber floor continues, and is near completion.
Just so I remember

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2010, 03:14:58 pm »

Woo, year half over. And hey-o we have the river! Perhaps an ice-trap entrance is in order on my turn. Never really messed around with stuff like that.

(thanks Spoon >_>)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:45 pm »

Progress? I wanna know the crazy shenanigans no doubt happening in this fortress.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »

Crazy is right.  I'm pretty much trying to make a story explanation for why things are crazy here (the real reason being that this is an succession game) building off the fact that we're in an evil biome.

“So why is it all made out of raw stone?”  One of the new masons asked the robed dwarf.

From his perch atop the tower, he answered “It would not work with blocks.  Raw stone allows the energies to flow through the pattern.”  At this, the mason let out a roaring laugh.

“Ha!  I didn’t know this place had funk schway artist fer a leader!  Guess that’s why it’s in such good shape, huh!” he said sarcastically, slapping the figure on the back.

Trying to slap him on the back.  His hand went right through.  The figure turned and glared at the mason, making a sign with his hands as he did so.

“Forget . . .”

10th Limestone, Early Autumn 304
The Dwarven caravan has arrived, presumably with a similar stock of supplies as the humans.

14th Limestone
An Orcish army followed them here.  Three squads, both from the south.  One of lashers led by a hammer lord, the other of carvers led by a spearmaster, the third of lancers led by an elite sniper.  The peasants will be drafted.

15th Limestone
The sniper squad made it inside before the bridge could be raised.  It shot down two draftees.

16th Limestone
The legendary tanner that created the leather bag Bronzecastles has been shot in the stomach.  He soon followed the first two victims of the orcs, two of the draftees.  A miner and the legendary gem setter recieved lesser shots to a leg each.  The three of them attempted to venture beyond the trade depot.  The latter two were unable to get away from the incoming horde of melee orcs.  Had the caravan guard and our draftees been but a little faster they might have saved at least the jeweler.

24th Limestone
The sniper has been killed by a caravan guard.  No sign of the other orc squads has been seen since they were locked out.  Another draftee had his throat cut out.

28th Limestone
The traders were given a generous deal for some anvils, cages, lobsters, and barrels.  The cages are all of ice.  I think I have a use for them in mind.

6th Timber, Late Autumn
The dwarves’ mountainhome needs footwear and powders.  They never cease to amaze me with their pettiness.

10th Timber
The Autumn migrant wave has arrived.  It came with a replacement gem setter, among other things.  Not many.  The claim it’s dangerous.  These creatures amaze me.  It took several attacks and a famine to make them realize this place isn’t safe.  And yet they still come.  They even brought one of their scrawny spawn.

It’s the perfect place.  My tower chambers are complete, save for three of the rooms’ jails and the inner chamber’s bedroom and office.  Thus Zurusp Slatsu1 has begun.  Power in this fortress changes hands each year.  That power was mine, but when the year’s change comes I will be that power.  I will remain here, finally a part of some place, never to leave again.  And through me, the anguish here will feed the power.  Me.  The tower.  The Power.

They will all grow in time.  And no one can take the power from me . . . they can only take me, by taking my chambers.  As all the future leaders will.
Spoiler: My Floor (click to show/hide)

1 From the goblin language file:  The Rite of Power

Okay, pretty much, I'm going to let people mess with a few parts of my floor:
1)  Improving the inner chamber bedroom/office.
2)  Storing one untamable captured megabeast in each of the four outlying pods (preferably uncaging them after the bridges are up)
3)  Adding new ice cages to the outer chamber rooms for the jails.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:38:53 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2010, 08:37:30 pm »

Nice work.  Hope the sieges didn't kill too many guys.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »

Wicked! I'm ready to go whenever the save's up. And I'm kind of hoping the sieges DID kill a lot of people; I've never had to fend off a tantrum spiral before. Challenging! :D

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2010, 09:08:16 pm »

I think the tantrum spiral has passed . . . sorry.  But I still have winter left to go.  So hey, who knows.
Just so I remember

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2010, 09:32:35 pm »

Oh, sorry, I tend to gloss over specific dates and assumed from the summary at the bottom that it was all over :| My bad. May the reign of Lord LegoLord see us through the winter yet!

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2010, 07:47:04 am »

add me to the list please!

Ill try to remember to check my pms frequently and I really do want to try this out!

Give me floor -10 please!

(I want to make the Towercap farm level!)
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:35 am »

C'mon legolord, you have to tell us about all the awesome stuff happening.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16