Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's hunting time.  (Read 663 times)

Gemini476

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
It's hunting time.
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:20:02 am »

So after a goblin ambush, I decided that I should let my small military stand down for a while, until the marksdwarf gets healed up. Then I notice that my champion is running over to the northernmost side of the map, where I can surely say there are no goblins.
Turns out that he decided to hunt Groundhogs. My elite wrestler apparently agreed, as he was chasing down the small mammals alongside my champion.

Any idea why they decided to hunt some harmless groundhogs when they could have been sparring in the barracks instead?
I almost prefer it this way, actually. Strange how small bugs can make the game more believable.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
Re: It's hunting time.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:48:29 am »

You must have ordered them to "harass dangerous wild animals".  If you don't want them to, you can change it in the m-v menu.  It is quite entertaining though :).
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:55:10 am »

Groundhogs-now availible in "Dangerous Wild Animal!"

only in DF

OMFG AWSOME IDEA: WAR GROUNDHOGS!!
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Gemini476

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:34:55 am »

You must have ordered them to "harass dangerous wild animals".  If you don't want them to, you can change it in the m-v menu.  It is quite entertaining though :).

Yeah, think about it: If you could choose between sparring or killing helpless furry animals, which would you choose to do?
Dwarfs being as they are, that doesn't surprise me a bit.

But yeah, "Harass Harmless Groundhogs" is on. Got a nasty attack by wolfs last season.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 03:30:59 pm »

If a recruit has the "hunt" option enabled .. and he is off duty .. will he hunt?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 04:18:04 pm »

If a recruit has the "hunt" option enabled .. and he is off duty .. will he hunt?
It's a civilian labor, so no.