Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead Army  (Read 1716 times)

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undead Army
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »

I've searched but I don't seem to have any concrete answer, can someone tell me whether or not zombie/skeletal creatures can be captured in cage traps or trained? If not, can I mod it in somehow?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Army
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:16:37 pm »

Undead can be captured in cage traps, but cannot be tamed or trained.  Undead are hardcoded, unfortunately, so it's not possible to mod them to tamable or trainable.

IIRC, undead are, however, hostile to all living things, and the wiki backs this up, so if you want to sic undead horrors upon your enemies you just need to drop one into the other and, if you dropped the undead on the enemy, a way to recapture your 'soldiers.'
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »

Damn. Can they breed?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:23 pm »

...They're walking corpses. That'd be a no.

Someone said that undead populations don't get depleted, unlike living creatures' populations, so you could just keep trapping them and amass a sizable army that way.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:32:57 pm »

I could only hope. There goes my plan for an army of skeletal whatevers.

jryan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:55:03 pm »

I like using undead as traps.. fill a room with cages attached to lever, close off room with flood gate, throw lever to "free" them... attach flood gate to floor plate... fun for the whole family!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:46 am »

Skelk *shudder*

Undead creatures are very funtm.  Was attacked by a zombie wyvern once. After scaring my entire fortress half to death (five pages of "interrupted by zombie wyvern") and hovering just out of reach of my melee dwarves, I finally dispatched a few marksdwarves to take him down. Four quivers of *iron bolt(25)* later, and he finally falls to the ground where a few pissed off hammerdwarves finished him off. Zombies are fun.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325