Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]

Author Topic: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure  (Read 39156 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure
« Reply #810 on: August 01, 2010, 10:52:33 pm »

They are protecting the nest... not attacking you.  So we need to find a way to get through without being seen... Invisibility does seem like the only option besides some lucky magic.  (Or that evil book which killed us last time.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 02, 2010, 05:16:55 am »

What about invisibility + projectile, to stealthily sling ourselves throughout it before the invisibility ends?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2010, 07:01:17 am »

What about invisibility + projectile, to stealthily sling ourselves throughout it before the invisibility ends?
I think the walls would disagree with our idea of Projectiling ourselves through the city.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 02, 2010, 07:23:03 am »

I think the walls would disagree with our idea of Projectiling ourselves through the city.
Do it anyway! Maybe we'll get a critical success!
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 02, 2010, 07:29:51 am »

((Glyph of Invisibility+Glyph of Projectile) (98/100) (CRITICAL SUCCESS!)) You blast through the city, boring holes through the walls with your face. The city collapses.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 02, 2010, 08:28:25 am »

((Glyph of Invisibility+Glyph of Projectile) (98/100) (CRITICAL SUCCESS!)) You blast through the city, boring holes through the walls with your face. The city collapses.
... as does your face.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 02, 2010, 09:13:19 am »

You then end up 500 m inside a rock wall. You'd have suffocated, but you're too busy being dead from the multiple collisions to notice the difference. The bugmen remember you in their tales for ever after - mostly the ones concerning incredibly dumb ideas.

Which is to say none of them, because nobody wants to listen to a story about some random guy who suddenly decided that becoming an interesting cluster of minerals is was what he really wanted to do in life.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 02, 2010, 09:40:33 am »

Lol... bad ideas seem to attract themselves to us.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 27, 2010, 12:38:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Good bye, I guess.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 27, 2010, 04:02:55 am »

*Plays Taps on tiny violin*
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2010, 02:11:35 pm »

I cast a vile threadcromantic spell.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 25, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

I'd love to continue this, I really would, but as of now I'm just far to busy to sustain something like this. It's too late for it anyways.

I'm sorry I never really gave you guys some proper closure, and left just as it was getting exciting too, but hey, it was a good run while we had it and maybe, just maybe this'll continue in another form or by a like-minded individual.

Just don't expect anything.

So this is good bye I guess. Let's leave this one to rest.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03:46 am »

Why? :(

Cant you just take a break but then come back in a few months?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]